Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

They're dropping like flies thread

Four deaths (announced) today.   Clive James, Gary Rhodes, Jonathan Miller and Iain Sutherland.  

Maybe be we need a thread that will show three or more deaths in the one day.   

• Like 1

As this site's resident hack, I can tell you that the traffic for all four of those deaths has been absolutely nothing compared to hits for people reading about the death of Godfrey Gao

Just now, Cat O'Falk said:

Isn't this covered in Badly Timed Deaths ?

Oh, forum cop vs forum admin. Irresistible force meets immovable object!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

As this site's resident hack, I can tell you that the traffic for all four of those deaths has been absolutely nothing compared to hits for people reading about the death of Godfrey Gao

i'm afraid I got distracted by the link for the Bad Sex Awards

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, msc said:

Oh, forum cop vs forum admin. Irresistible force meets immovable object!

I'd better not mention the Double Deaths thread then.  :o

2 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'd better not mention the Double Deaths thread then.  :o

That thread looks to have been a duplicate thread to the previous one. 

3 minutes ago, Arsewipe said:

Fuck off Bearer you attention seeking cunt.

_38079040_carryon_ken150.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Better late than never. :lol::P

48 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

That thread looks to have been a duplicate thread to the previous one. 

Are we going to have one thread for two deaths on the same day and a second thread for three or more deaths on the same day?  :unsure:

6 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Four deaths (announced) today.   Clive James, Gary Rhodes, Jonathan Miller and Iain Sutherland.  

Maybe be we need a thread that will show three or more deaths in the one day.   

For the record, us Americans never heard of any of those cunts other than James, you UK-centic cunto.

A pile of nobodies.

2 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Fuck off Bearer you attention seeking cunt.

Boy if EVER there was a more appropriate comment on any thread on this website.... Jesus..... pile of nobodies.

5 hours ago, ebless said:

Godfrey Gao makes five.

WHO?  What's with you goddamn morons?  

No one named Godfrey has ever been famous.  Godfrey is something an mum says as she expels the ectoplasmic goo of life from her loins, not a pair of syllables you CHOOSE to bestow upon the zygote.
SC
(Edit: Arthur aside --- An AMERICAN).

pixel.gifpixel.gif1854749552_Nurse!hesoutofbedagain.JPG.91ff5a3370fbc8fc29cb5a96d407542f.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 28/11/2019 at 00:57, Sir Creep said:

For the record, us Americans never heard of any of those cunts other than James, you UK-centic cunto.

2091274707_Screenshot2019-11-29at10_01_21.thumb.png.516298c4b9ab9febfe6fecac6ba1fefb.png

479915901_Screenshot2019-11-29at10_03_49.thumb.png.2d59d2a5ab853a29674b7b6fba9bad82.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Piss off Yankee boy 

• Like 2

In the States, the biggest name to have died in the past month or so...

...is Godfrey Gao, and he only got media coverage due to his young age.    And even he's not that well known; people only committed on his death b/c he died so young.  

The other names I don't recognize, though I admit I am an Yankee not a Brit so it's all a matter of perspective.  None of those names mentioned above received any coverage whatsoever in the States.  

4 hours ago, BCAlum2000 said:

None of those names mentioned above received any coverage whatsoever in the States. 

Which doesn't bother any of the Brits in the least mate I'd imagine. We wouldn't expect them to, why should they?

Unlike the reverse with all kinds of minor nuclear explosions because we show no interest in an American golfers wife. Not an American golfer mind, that probably would get covered....but his wife.

41 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Which doesn't bother any of the Brits in the least mate I'd imagine. We wouldn't expect them to, why should they?

Unlike the reverse with all kinds of minor nuclear explosions because we show no interest in an American golfers wife. Not an American golfer mind, that probably would get covered....but his wife.

The States are weird.  I've seen them provide coverage over the death of a MAJOR star of a television show, and they make such a big deal out of it.  Turns out the actor or actress who died had a walk on role with a couple of lines at best.  Or maybe had a couple of guest starring roles.  Or if I am to be generous, was a minor supporting actor and far from being a "major star."

example being Brian Tarantina.  all the media made a big deal over his (admittedly sudden and tragic death) and touted him as one of the stars of the hit show The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, when really, he had a minor role at best.  He didn't even have a wikipedia page until his death!  

An even more egregious example is when a few months ago, there was "breaking news" of a major star from The Walking Dead who died.  Turned out it was a two-bit background actor who had like maybe one or two lines!    The guy was Dango Nguyen.  (In fairness to the media, Scott Wilson from The Walking Dead also died fairly recently, and he got quite a bit of coverage.)  

So yeah, the media likes to tout breaking news over the smallest, most insignificant of events.  

• Thanks 1