7 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

If they wish, but keep in mind that solo picks get 25 bonus points, and that can make all the difference.

Well yes, that was my thinking.  ;)

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

Well yes, that was my thinking.  ;)

qcze6gbFsflbq.gif

• Haha 1

I'm looking forward to this team being in the DSCDP Top 20 for average points per member from home solos and site-wide solos.

I doubt 100% of us would confer prior to selection, but it'd be nifty if we could each pick a solo centenarian for quick but limited points.

1 hour ago, Torva Messor said:

I'm looking forward to this team being in the DSCDP Top 20 for average points per member from home solos and site-wide solos.

I doubt 100% of us would confer prior to selection, but it'd be nifty if we could each pick a solo centenarian for quick but limited points.

Stake your claim now then. Seeing as the only points available for someone 100 or over would be the solo bonus points, I think most players would appreciate being able to avoid a potentially zero, or possibly negative points, hit.  I'd call it a dead pick, but that doesn't seem right, given the context.

I have created the pool (funeral home) on the DSCDP site.  The name is Fossorius Endeavour (hey, I offered for people to make suggestions, got none, so deal with it).  I have sent invites to the people who have expressed interest so far, so if everyone accepts the invite, that will put us at 7 to start with.  To those folks, the invite should go to the e-mail you registered with on the site, or you can log in and probably find it somewhere under your profile.  If you think you should have gotten something, but didn't, let me know. 

Unlimited capacity, so come one, come all.  Just register a name on the site and let me know what it is, and I will send the invite.  Once you have accepted, you have 39 days from now to make and modify your picks.  The pool locks down on January 15th, and then the only changes you can make are on trade day (the 15th of each month, 1 trade only).

The competition is primarily within the pool, but there is also a site-wide top ten competition, as well as Funeral Home competition based on average player score.  That's the one I think we can win, if some of our aces and super sleuths show up.

• Like 2

On 04/12/2019 at 17:56, Skinny kiltrunner said:

DUDE!

iiS84hOJXh1Pq.gif

I appreciate it, but I could easily have sent this excellent gif your way. Respect for your success. While I have my own ambitions for the remainder of 2019, best of luck to you in your bid to repeat as site champion. 

Petro_gif.gif

• Thanks 1

All picks should be "Born in the USA" I presume? (to maximise potential bonuses?) . If its good enough for Bruce , its good enough for me.

15 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

@Skinny kiltrunner On there under my usual moniker (Deathray).

Will join, although it all seems a bit US-centric.

Invite sent, and also to the old crem as requested. Sir Creep, your invite remains unclaimed.

Not that I want people to delay, but this pool doesn't lock down until Jan15th. This gives you one more chance to pick up that one celeb you can't believe you forgot to add to your DDP list!  Set up your profile now so that you are ready to go in the new year.

1 minute ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Not that I want people to delay, but this pool doesn't lock down until Jan15th. This gives you one more chance to pick up that one celeb you can't believe you forgot to add to your DDP list!  Set up your profile now so that you are ready to go in the new year.

nothing to lose sorting out 20 picks now. Plenty of time to change/delete any pick. Its not a bad site actually.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grobler said:

All picks should be "Born in the USA" I presume? (to maximise potential bonuses?)

The bonuses for 2020 are currently being voted on. "Ugly American" bonus applies to 2019 DSCDP hits. Don't presume all picks should be "Born in the USA" -- Yuri Luzhkov, David Bellamy and Marie Fredrikkson are among the most recent scoring hits.

10 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

The bonuses for 2020 are currently being voted on. "Ugly American" bonus applies to 2019 DSCDP hits. Don't presume all picks should be "Born in the USA" -- Yuri Luzhkov, David Bellamy and Marie Fredrikkson are among the most recent scoring hits.

It's down to the final 2 options, after an initial bracket of 8. The special bonus this year will be for death by cancer, or celeb younger than 50. From a purely opportunities perspective, I've cast my vote for cancer. 

Whoops, spoke too soon. Athlete and died in country of birth are still in as options, but looking to be eliminated in a few days. 

ahh....ok....I ought to read rules sometimes !

So my current list of 20 (all American born) might not be best (bonus - wise) for 2020?

2 hours ago, grobler said:

ahh....ok....I ought to read rules sometimes !

So my current list of 20 (all American born) might not be best (bonus - wise) for 2020?

That would be correct, although the bonuses (boni?) shouldn't be your only consideration. Age and likelihood to die are always your best bets, but if all things are equal, go for the guy who qualifies for the bonus. Solo picks are worth as much as the special bonus, so being creative or super sleuthy helps too.

My biggest hit this year was for Walter B. Jones- 149 points.  24 age points, 25 for American bonus, 25 for First Blood bonus, and a whopper of 75 points for dying on his birthday (the elusive Machine Gun Kelly bonus).

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

When's the deadline.

The pool is open for picks until the 15th, then it locks down. I figured to wait until the rush of deadpool activity slows after the new year to put out a reminder for folks about this one.  

The yearly bonus category is currently being voted on, so that may influence some picks. It's now down to death by cancer, or death under 50. It's close,  52/48, so get your vote in before New Years. I never figured I would say these words,  but GO CANCER!

• Like 2

yes, please, up with cancer. I don't want 1/5 of my lists to be face-tattooed "Lil" recording artists, and I don't want to consider 130 points from 8 hits "a good score."

I hope you understand I was halfway joking.

Edited by Torva Messor
watched the DSCDP Twitter commentary/reaction

Now that the dust has settled on the classic site pools, don't forget there is one more pool you can still join, and scoop up those celebs that you somehow forgot about in the turkey induced haze between Christmas and New Years.  The Doug Stanhope Celebrity Dead Pool for this site has been registered, with yours truly as the funeral home director, and is just waiting for more entries. Refer back to the inaugural post for details.  The only kicker is that you have to create a user profile on their site, then let me know by PM or thread what it is so that I can send you an invitation.  

20 names, pool locks down on the 15th. If you are not a fan of FFBI types, you will like this site as there is a minimum fame criteria required to be eligible for choosing (which seems a bit high for my liking sometimes, but whatevs).

The special site bonus category for this year has been voted on, and it is Death Under 50. Any celebs under 50 get a 25 point bonus. Gonna be a tough one to capitalize on this year, but you are allowed one trade per month to try to catch the ones that become apparent later in the year.

Come on in!

eXg8Ij7JgnyDu.gif

Hi Skinny,

I would be interested.  My family would be interested.  I would be honoured to work once again with the winner of my 2019 "Compost Heap".

I sent you an email and then decided it might be more proper to write here.  Let me know!

1 hour ago, Doulton said:

Hi Skinny,

I would be interested.  My family would be interested.  I would be honoured to work once again with the winner of my 2019 "Compost Heap".

I sent you an email and then decided it might be more proper to write here.  Let me know!

Hi Doulton. Pleased to have you all aboard,  invites have been sent. Let me know if I missed anyone. 

6 days and 23 hours to lockdown,  folks.  Variety is the spice of life,  so just think what it can do for death!  

Think I'll give this a whirl, will try to set up an account by the weekend

• Like 1

Apparently I made an account years back and have a team I don’t remember making at all. 
Anyways, count me in (I think I found your pool, but if not always good to send an invite).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Apparently I made an account years back and have a team I don’t remember making at all. 
Anyways, count me in (I think I found your pool, but if not always good to send an invite).

Hi Joey.  The pool (funeral home, in the local vernacular), is called Fossorius Endeavour. It is supposed to be private,  meaning you can only search it out if you are a funeral home director. All others require an invite. I looked for you in the database there, and there are a half dozen variations of Joey, but not Joey Russ specifically. You can either try to get a username/password reset through the login page, or use a new email and start over. Either way, let me know the username when it is set, and I will get the invite to you.  It would be great to have you.

SK

4 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Hi Joey.  The pool (funeral home, in the local vernacular), is called Fossorius Endeavour. It is supposed to be private,  meaning you can only search it out if you are a funeral home director. All others require an invite. I looked for you in the database there, and there are a half dozen variations of Joey, but not Joey Russ specifically. You can either try to get a username/password reset through the login page, or use a new email and start over. Either way, let me know the username when it is set, and I will get the invite to you.  It would be great to have you.

SK

I think mine is joeyruss. Try that