I have mine kind of set, including a couple of how the fuck they got on names. (I can assure you that none of the names I’ve tried adding to database got in or are still waiting for a response, so all have been on the database before I got on before now)...

A DL/DSCDP pal and I are planning a Spite Pick pool on DSCDP, but would like to limit the entries to invitation only, for those who have met their quotas for competitiveness and are satisfied to coast on the rarefied glee of karma. For example, if seeing people like Ivan Milat and Jeffrey Epstein die, but coming in fifth, is okay by you on one funeral home, let that funeral home be mine.

33 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

A DL/DSCDP pal and I are planning a Spite Pick pool on DSCDP, but would like to limit the entries to invitation only, for those who have met their quotas for competitiveness and are satisfied to coast on the rarefied glee of karma. For example, if seeing people like Ivan Milat and Jeffrey Epstein die, but coming in fifth, is okay by you on one funeral home, let that funeral home be mine.

What's the name, Torva? Is it public, or do we need an invite? I definitely have some ideas!

It's going to be invitation-only. DMs of the 'me! me!' variety, DSCDP handle provision included, are accepted.

DSCDP: Beat a Dead Hearse is renewing the public hate-picks Funeral Home 'Die Motherfucker Die' for 2020, and will, I understand, be as thorough culling as s/he was in 2019. Because that's a public option my 'Spite: Every Drop a Delicious Ray of Sunshine' Funeral Home (well, ours, I have a partner) is invite-only. Accommodating FH directors, DSCDP folk who are mutual Twitter followers, and most anyone here choosing a high-on-glee-and-karma, low-on-points alternative expressing interest will receive an invite at least 48 hours before the pool starts.

• Like 1

Alright, it looks like Skinny’s pool just began the process of locking down, so here’s my list: 

Alauddin Ali

Bibian Mentel

Chris Doleman 

David Gulpilil

Frankie Banali

Genesis P-Orridge

Gianluca Vialli 

John Andretti 

Julie Strain 

Lars Hogh

Majek Fashek

Mark Howard 

Neddy Smith

Oskar Lindblom

Peter Tobin

Stanley Crouch

Susan Bayh

Sylvain Sylvain

Terry Jones

Yoo Sang-chul 

Kisses blown to you for letting me keep some centenarian solos.

Quick preview of the lists is pretty impressive- I see dead people!

The biggest surprise to me is the solo for HdS for Daniel Arap Moi. Guess every figured he would get taken and wouldn't be worth more than 5 points, but now HdS is in line for the extra 25. Higher level thinking!

Am completely stunned that Alauddin Ali, Bibian Mentel, and Majek Fashek we’re on the database whereas folk such as Jeffrey Foskett and Peter Schjeldahl were declined. Really inconsistent...

Alcee Hastings

Alex Trebek

Bob Gibson

Chris Doleman

David Gulpilil

Denis Goldberg

Frankie Banali

Genesis P-Orridge

Gianluca Vialli

Harry Reid

Jean-Louis Trintignant UNIQUE

Jerry Sloan UNIQUE

John Andretti

John Lewis

Lars Hogh

Nobby Stiles

Susan Bayh

Terry Jones

Tommy DeVito UNIQUE

Yoo Sang-chul

Surprised by JLT unique

16 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Am completely stunned that Alauddin Ali, Bibian Mentel, and Majek Fashek we’re on the database whereas folk such as Jeffrey Foskett and Peter Schjeldahl were declined. Really inconsistent...

Apparently they have 2 committees,  one American  and one  international, that vote on submissions.  I dont know what criteria they use, but I agree, inconsistent.  The mandatory requirement is a wiki page, but its certainly no guarantee. 

I took a chance on the Galyon boys, world's oldest conjoined twins. If one dies,  they both die, so Daily Double is a good chance, plus solo points, for up to 164 points if it's their year. And if they die on their birthday, oh baby!

• Like 1

Just so folks know for ease of future reference:

Sygratvyashchik is etuispuhingupdaisies

TJS is Death Impends

Cancerous Hatred is JiroemonKimura

Aryas List is Toast

The rest of us are recognizable by our usual names.

Aaron Carter SOLO

Alex Trebek

Bill Freehan

Chris Doleman

Daniel arap Moi SOLO

David Gulpilil

Denis Goldberg

Eddie Van Halen

Frankie Banali

Genesis P-Orridge

Henry Gray

Jason Becker

John Andretti

Johnny Isakson SOLO

Julie Strain

Karen Lewis

Lee Kerslake

Margarita Terekhova

Susan B. Bayh

Yoo Sang-chul

I'm new to this, so didn't really know how to play it.  I couldn't think of many younger people, so concentrated on avoiding the very old. 

Some of my picks are long shots. The ones in italics are uniques.

image.png.4b2ce0c7396fcdc5504d6fb4b4f4355c.png

46 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Quick preview of the lists is pretty impressive- I see dead people!

The biggest surprise to me is the solo for HdS for Daniel Arap Moi. Guess every figured he would get taken and wouldn't be worth more than 5 points, but now HdS is in line for the extra 25. Higher level thinking!

Thanks, but I threw the same Hail Mary on Henry Gray (thinking first blood + maybe everyone else backed off) and sadly it missed. Several strong lists on here and several names i have earmarked for other funeral homes. Best of luck to all and thanks to Skinny for setting up the game. 

27 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

I took a chance on the Galyon boys, world's oldest conjoined twins. If one dies,  they both die, so Daily Double is a good chance, plus solo points, for up to 164 points if it's their year. And if they die on their birthday, oh baby!

Actually really do like this as a dart throw. If it hits, it's game over.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HDS said:

Actually really do like this as a dart throw. If it hits, it's game over.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, HDS said:

Thanks, but I threw the same Hail Mary on Henry Gray (thinking first blood + maybe everyone else backed off) and sadly it missed. Several strong lists on here and several names i have earmarked for other funeral homes. Best of luck to all and thanks to Skinny for setting up the game. 

The good news for you is if Henry Gray goes in Feb then he becomes an extra 50 point bonus way more then the solo bonus

Now we wait for the ever-sexy First Blood bonus.  Who will it be? I say Neddy Smith.

I was one of those who lucked into the First Blood bonus. So excited I ate the candy bar I'd been saving since Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torva Messor said:

I was one of those who lucked into the First Blood bonus. So excited I ate the candy bar I'd been saving since Christmas.

Congratulations on First Blood, but I'm guessing it was in a different pool than Fossorius Endeavour?  We all still seem to be at zero there, meaning this bonus is still up for grabs here. 

Will you be posting a master list so we can keep tabs on pool hits?

(Still not really sure how this works)

The 2020 Season Bonus: The Under 50
  • 50 points will be awarded if your pick dies up to the day before their 50th birthday
  • INCLUDES: Every qualifying celebrity in the DSCDP database
  • EXCLUDES: All of Skinny Kiltrunner's picks (He knows why)

Why dont you get this Skinny?

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Will you be posting a master list so we can keep tabs on pool hits?

(Still not really sure how this works)

If you get a hit, you will get an automatic email from the site.  Aside from this, the hits there get put up on their dashboard page, and the score totals are managed for us by the site as well.

I'll probably make note of some of the significant hits here, but others can feel free to as well if the mood strikes them.  I'm not possessive of this. I'm hoping there will be some form of running commentary here over the year by participants.