10 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Surprisingly,  no one of us had Sterling in this pool. Arya's List scores solo bonus points for Peter Bonetti, moving her into triple digits. She also has Greaves as a solo- daily double perchance?

Ahhh, I would have had Moss, but I'd mostly sacked him from pools where age affects scores because of turning 90.

Just now, Toast said:

Ahhh, I would have had Moss, but I'd mostly sacked him from pools where age affects scores because of turning 90.

That's a common refrain. Lots of the obvious choices just don't seem worth wasting a pick on, but those solo points become worthy. 

• Thanks 1

So I dropped Vialli after the in remission news in all of the pools I’m in and replaced him with Christophe in all the pools. Look like I made the right call there cause even if he does die this year, Christophe is still worth more points than Vialli at death. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

So I dropped Vialli after the in remission news in all of the pools I’m in and replaced him with Christophe in all the pools. Look like I made the right call there cause even if he does die this year, Christophe is still worth more points than Vialli at death. ^_^

I dropped him too, replaced him with Norman Hunter. We'll see if that works out. Nice choice there mate.

Anyone make some trades? I dropped Peter Duchin,  who seems to be recovering,  and added Bullet Bob Armstrong. Couldn't seem to find any suitable Covid candidates.

After Sam Lloyd our pool is only 4th place overall. :( 

Most of us were paying attention to the news and were going by his stable status at the time. Immunotherapy works wonders until it doesn't. We'll move back up I think.

On a happier note, i was able to trade for Rishi Kapoor and was rewarded the next day.

Anyone make any trades yesterday? I was surprised to see I was the only one to take a flyer on Kenny Sansom in this pool; he was a popular swap in other pools.

I traded in Caitlin Flanagan for my pool. 

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I traded in Caitlin Flanagan for my pool. 

Ah, she's on my watch list. Honestly, I was surprised when her name showed up in the database, given that site's propensity to deny applications. Did you have by her added, or was she there already when you checked?

Just now, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Ah, she's on my watch list. Honestly, I was surprised when her name showed up in the database, given that site's propensity to deny applications. Did you have by her added, or was she there already when you checked?

She was already there when I checked. 
I did actually get a name into the database mind, but right now they feel a bit too early, so gonna wait a bit...

51 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

She was already there when I checked. 
I did actually get a name into the database mind, but right now they feel a bit too early, so gonna wait a bit...

3o751XRlNRrP3p06XK.gif

I forget that you can do this.

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

I don’t always trade, but if you do want to trade the 15th of each month is always an option...

39 minutes ago, Toast said:

It can be a major part of the strategy there.  At least half my hits come from trades.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:
1 hour ago, Toast said:

I don’t always trade, but if you do want to trade the 15th of each month is always an option...

It isn't an option if I forget, is it?  :rolleyes:

You could have someone remind you if you want

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

You could have someone remind you if you want

Bumping this thread the day before might help.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Bumping this thread the day before might help.

Ah, you mean like I did on Feb 14th and then again on April 2nd? 

Was gonna add Kenny Sansom but I think I spelled his name wrong or they added jum just before the trade deadline. Good pickup for those that got him,and even if recovers can be traded next trade round.

2 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Was gonna add Kenny Sansom but I think I spelled his name wrong or they added jum just before the trade deadline. Good pickup for those that got him,and even if recovers can be traded next trade round.

Must have spelled him wrong, or the site was glitchy. He's been on my watch list there for a year or more. 

Well, submitted Bill Gates Sr. out of curiosity (apparently hasn’t been tried yet). Will let you know how it goes...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Ah, you mean like I did on Feb 14th and then again on April 2nd? 

I did say "might" help. :lol:

• Like 1

I’m up to 3rd in that pool after Majek Fashek

• Like 1