Barring some sort of miracle benefactor stepping in, it appears the Doug Stanhope Celebrity Death Poll site itself will soon be dead:

dscdp over.jpg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Barring some sort of miracle benefactor stepping in, it appears the Doug Stanhope Celebrity Death Poll site itself will soon be dead:

dscdp over.jpg

This is a disappointing development. 

15 hours ago, HDS said:

This is a disappointing development. 

Vague, potentially positive, development:

dscdp over maybe.jpg

On 24/08/2021 at 13:37, Salmon Mousse said:

Vague, potentially positive, development:

dscdp over maybe.jpg

It’s alive!

Probably not cause of IRL stuff, but if anyone else wants to takeover I’m more than willing to approve

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Probably not cause of IRL stuff, but if anyone else wants to takeover I’m more than willing to approve

May email their admin to see about transferring directorship. In the meantime, congratulations to Chorizo on winning said home in 2021.

Also, congratulations to @HDS on winning the inaugural Death Pool Masters funeral home with 12 hits for 578 points.  Outside of DDP, this is the pool I most wanted in 2021 (as the host and given the strength of field) so 2nd place stings quite a bit, especially as Mary Fairhurst (who I'd given up on out of boredom) was the deciding hit.  Damn fine play, Spaten.  Damn fine.  Sorry, I don't currently have a green jacket to hand out to you.

• Thanks 1

If anyone who won one of the pools run thru this forum has an existing DSCDP account, or would be interested in making one, please let me know as an invitation to the Death Pool Masters funeral home awaits.  Much like golf's Masters, this limited field event aims to bring the best in the world together.

Well @HDS, congrats on quietly sneaking Russell Bishop into the database unnoticed (well, until after all the important homes already locked).  When did he get approved?  The day the first homes locked?  You've got a dominating early lead in your Death Pool Masters title defense.

I see a team has at least two players who are not in the DSCDP data base:  Robyn Griggs and Ronnie Atkins.  I am not sure how they can be on somebody's list if they are not available to all players.   

27 minutes ago, Doulton said:

I see a team has at least two players who are not in the DSCDP data base:  Robyn Griggs and Ronnie Atkins.  I am not sure how they can be on somebody's list if they are not available to all players.   

They have to be in the database to be available to anyone.  Check your spelling.

R
r%EF%BB%BFobyn_grigg%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BFs_
Robyn Griggs

r%EF%BB%BFonnie_atkin%EF%BB%BFs_0.jpg
Ronnie Atkins

This is from a team list.   Then if I search for them using correct spelling, I get results like this for both: 

Robyn Griggs. 

Search
No Matches Found for "Robyn Griggs"

It's the same with Ronnie Atkins.   "No Matches Found for Ronnie Atkins"

The team with these players is the winning team currently.  I was browsing them--honestly, looking to poach.    But I don't see the fairness in them getting potentials who are not open to all.

Edited by Doulton
add information

2 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

They have to be in the database to be available to anyone.  Check your spelling.

I really did check my spelling.   

16 hours ago, Doulton said:

I really did check my spelling.   

Then I'm not sure what the problem is.  I'd email the site admin.  I had to find the names in search in order to roster them in the first place.

DSCDP seems to be offline for good, according to this tweet from its admin.

The website has been unreachable since 25 June.

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 17-20-46 DSCDP Admin on Twitter.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

DSCDP seems to be offline for good, according to this tweet from its admin.

The website has been unreachable since 25 June.

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 17-20-46 DSCDP Admin on Twitter.png

As this is the site that brought me to deathpooling, this is beyond depressing to me.  I have made an inquiry as to whether they would be open to selling the site itself... or at least the mechanics of the site (should Stanhope himself want his name removed entirely).  Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see why a few of us wouldn't want to work together to run a site such as this that would streamline the whole death poll process.

Whatever I win from Tuesday's lotto will go toward a purchase endeavour.

I didn't get my T-shirt, but DSCDP did put my husband in the 'In Memoriam', and have always been good, kind, prompt, chipper to me.

At least I managed to reach the Top 10 for points in the first half of 2022.

• Like 3

Please keep the site/thread updated with what ends up happening with this. If DSCDP can be revived I'd be interested as well...

• Like 1