msc

Derby Dead Pool 2020

Submitted my entry. The 'mailto:' link on the DDP site has the wrong address, by the way.

On 26/12/2019 at 17:39, drol said:

Sent the teams in and already regretting that...

I know the feeling. The morning after I sent mine in I remembered two people I'd meant to include, though one of those was a revenge pick.  

• Haha 1

Submitted my team via email. Will we receive an email back confirming? Thank again to DI for the work running this.

7 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Submitted my team via email. Will we receive an email back confirming? Thank again to DI for the work running this.

Yep, Grim is taking a well earned Christmas break* so confirmations will be in a few days, probably.

*Genuinely, you should see the amount of work hes put into the DDP already. He's doing brill.

Even though I can't see the emails, my teams are in early (and forum polis man Cat of the Yard has copies in case anyone thinks I'd try and pull a fast one on them...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, the_engineer said:

yes you will - back to it now but there’s a backlog :D . Lots of people spend Christmas Day thinking who might die in next 12 months obviously (ghosts of Christmas future).

cheers, GUN

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

yes you will - back to it now but there’s a backlog :D . Lots of people spend Christmas Day thinking who might die in next 12 months obviously (ghosts of Christmas future).

cheers, GUN

A lot more spend New Years Eve doing it. Best of luck to you. :) 

• Haha 1

Nearly done but....is Frankie Banali going to obit? :scratchhead:

Sent my team Today. Thanks for doing this. :)

• Like 1

Everybody entered to date should have received a confirmation email now.

15 hours ago, JQW said:

Submitted my entry. The 'mailto:' link on the DDP site has the wrong address, by the way.

msc/Spade could you check this out please?

Cheers, GUN

51 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

msc/Spade could you check this out please?

Cheers, GUN

Yes, the email is ddp(at)derbydeadpool.co.uk,  but the website has it as TOddp(at)derbydeadpool.co.uk.

As neither of us wrote that bit down I assumed it was your traditional website anti-spam thing.

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Nearly done but....is Frankie Banali going to obit? :scratchhead:

Merry Christmas, DDT, Banali's lead singer got the full BBC obit back in 2007 when there were much less DDP obit chasing from the likes of the  Mail.

• Like 2

Another tip re Banali: his diagnosis made the headlines of the Yahoo frontpage here in the states, which I've found to be a reliable indicator of folk that the Mail will pick up on.

• Like 1

Teams sent in.Main team and the usual two theme teams in.

• Like 1

I am destined to fail as I dropped the purely famous for being ill types on my shortlist.It just didn't feel right or in the spirit of the game.My picks have a smaller age range than before the youngest being in their 40s and the oldest is in their 70s.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

cheers, GUN

Tell me about it. While digesting my dinner and the family was all talking , I was thinking of little Richard and I don't mean my penis.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Tell me about it. While digesting my dinner and the family was all talking , I was thinking of little Richard and I don't mean my penis.

First time I entered the DDP, I had journalist Sue Carroll set as my joker. I was secretly checking the news on my phone at the family Boxing Day dinner at grans when I saw that she'd died, and let out an involuntary "FUCKING DAMN IT!" in front of everyone. Managed to cover it by pretending I'd hit my knee against the table!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have submitted my three teams, no theme team this time.

A day later than I wanted, but I stayed away for christmas 1-2 days longer than I thought.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I have submitted my three teams, no theme team this time.

A day later than I wanted, but I stayed away for christmas 1-2 days longer than I thought.

Hi Gooseberry Crumble (or whatever your forum name is)

If you are reading this and thinking wtf then I’m sorry I mistold you a rule - it can be three non theme teams - sorry.

I’ll send you an email too from DDP to confirm.

Cheers, GUN

16 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Hi Gooseberry Crumble (or whatever your forum name is)

If you are reading this and thinking wtf then I’m sorry I mistold you a rule - it can be three non theme teams - sorry.

I’ll send you an email too from DDP to confirm.

Cheers, GUN

Ahem, it's me?

Edit: Ah, got it. Thought you confused your GCs...

Wait what?  Rules always man (or woman) up make some decisions in life and stick with them and submit ONE main team and up to two theme teams.  That has never changed. 

Just sent in my team, and yea the link to send in your team isn't in existence.

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Wait what?  Rules always man (or woman) up make some decisions in life and stick with them and submit ONE main team and up to two theme teams.  That has never changed. 

Who pissed in your cornflakes.....

You've always been allowed to submit three teams of any variance.....

• Like 1

Please make a running list of how many points each celebrity scored.  That seems to be missing 2019.  

EDIT:  Cancel My Appointments 2020 is IN.  Reluctantly 18 hours early.  See if we can't muster up a top 20 ffs.  I suck at DDP.