msc

Derby Dead Pool 2020

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Alzheimer’s is so tricky.  I have TJones nowhere, I didn’t see him dying at all until next year.  Instead he drops inside of about 18 months of deteriorating, while the likes of Jeanne Little drools on herself for 4 years now and no end in sight, and though he won’t QO, Bill Freehan was supposed to be dead a year ago as stated by his wife.  Yet he breathes.  Oh and Nobby Stiles, anyone (be sumptin if he’s next)

So for those who were Jones truthers, well done.  But it’s still a needle in haystack choosing Alzheimer’s patients.

SC

Terry Jones didn't have Alzheimer's.

I've said on here before,  people need to stop using the term "Alzheimer's" indiscriminately.  There are other types of dementia.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Terry Jones didn't have Alzheimer's.

I've said on here before,  people need to stop using the term "Alzheimer's" indiscriminately.  There are other types of dementia.

Indeed and this one was always likely to take him this year so I felt confident selecting him for DDP action but he was too random a call regarding when in the year he'd go for HPDP selection. 

• Like 1

Obit for Jones says he will be born on 1 February 2020. Born in the grave, technically speaking.

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Obit for Jones says he will be born on 1 February 2020. Born in the grave, technically speaking.

No it doesn't! :P :blush:

I was trying to fit as many team shoutouts as possible into the space.

Thank you, Mr Willz.

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Oh you take a two year break and start again this year, huh? 

Actual footage of Spade and YW right now.

• Haha 3

tbf, a glaikit sod who might be on the DDP Cmme asked him nicely if he was still doing them. On account of being a glaikit sod and being likely to miss names once 700 a week pop their clogs. I have been warned 2020 deaths are going to be like a medical procedure by a passing Crumble...

• Like 1

Literally, Spade was so on top of the deaths and I wasn't in a great place (with my personal deaths), I was irrelevant.

Honestly, I'm going to be in catch up mode where we are with instantaneous updates, but if I catch one I'm just gonna help out. Spade was so awesome on his updates. I saw so many unique hits and couples and triples this year, could not let my Committee down.

I'll still be behind, but I'll find those little fuckers which might just pass us by. Spade never needed help. those who ask will always will find help at Hogwarts!!!

• Like 6

*when your theme team is kicking your main team’s arse*

:unsure::(

Team descriptions up for as many notable teams as possible. Think about 100 teams have them now, I know I wrote about 60 or so...

• Like 1

All (?) theme teams now have (THEME) at the beginning of their name. Is this a good step? It changes the alphabetic order in the list of teams.

Also, I am completing the list of celebrity infos right now. Any requests for changes of the old ones? You know, stuff like, Donald Trump is now president and so on....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Also, I am completing the list of celebrity infos right now. Any requests for changes of the old ones? You know, stuff like, Donald Trump is now president and so on....

Yes, please :D

Estelle Parsons wasn't just nominated for an Oscar, she got one for her role in Bonnie & Clyde.

Anne Buydens (Douglas) was born on 23.04.1919, not 13.05.1930.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Change Trump’s bio to what Spade had. That was pure gold...

Also, for Lindsey Graham’s bio can you please add the line “Now he is Donald Trump’s bitch.” Thanks...

• Like 1

My X Factor theme team has unwittingly excavated this ancient bio for Rachel Hylton, clearly not picked for some time:

So-called "star" of the latest X-factor, but better known for her violent, drug-filled past/present than her "singing".

She competed in 2008!

Not sure why whoever wrote that blurb had such a cob-on about her anyway. "So-called" by who? "Better known" by who? Also there's no such show as "X-factor". I guess writing bios wears you down.

• Haha 1

2009 pick so that'll have been OoO or a volunteer of the time.

Rude Kid's obit for Prunella Scales is really one that needs fixed imo...

9 minutes ago, msc said:

Rude Kid's obit for Prunella Scales is really one that needs fixed imo...

Prunella Scales has died?:duck:

Fantastic work Reptile and msc. Good to have some fresh energy to do the enhancing/tidying up. My right eye still suffering from a tic that it didn't have pre Christmas. 

8 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Prunella Scales has died?:duck:

Fantastic work Reptile and msc. Good to have some fresh energy to do the enhancing/tidying up. My right eye still suffering from a tic that it didn't have pre Christmas. 

Hah, the effects of looking over 500 odd teams. Just there I spotted one or two which got missed but they can bloody wait. Some didn't get changed because the teams literally haven't done anything of note since 2015!

• Haha 1

One of my cancer nobodies has released a charity single, so I assume that puts him up the pegging order of respectable picks?

However as it stands all 20 either breathe or died without anybody noticing.

Although one is a guaranteed obit, as her condition worsens. Taylor Swifts mum.

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

All (?) theme teams now have (THEME) at the beginning of their name. Is this a good step? It changes the alphabetic order in the list of teams.

TMIB updated a whole load of them in his last year, then they all reverted to the original the very next year.

So you may end up doing a whole load of work, only for it to have to be done again next year! Unless there is some work around for it to save.

2 hours ago, msc said:

Team descriptions up for as many notable teams as possible. Think about 100 teams have them now, I know I wrote about 60 or so...

Love the description for my TOTP theme team!

I think 12 Lords/8Ladies is the only non-theme team to have 20 uniques, ha! XFactor has them and one other which escapes my recollection.