msc

Derby Dead Pool 2020

1 hour ago, msc said:

Ah, I'm afraid I lost track of Maggie Fitzgibbon (as there was a fortnight delay between death and obit). I shall aim to mention here at next update (and can usually count on young Joey to pointout folk I forgot!). Your theme team did get mentioned when Ronan O'Rahilly died as he was a unique pick.

Cheers - its the little things!

I'm wondering if some of the deaths lately died of Covid, but their families don't want them to be linked with it, so they don't mention it when announcing the death..

• Like 1

Junrey Balawig one for the LOTM. 2018

My video card is on its last legs since yesterday, so I've taken the opportunity and bought a new computer.

It's going to take a few days until I have transferred all the old files (hard drive still working, so no worries on that front). Normal service is going to resume at the weekend I think.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Obituary for LOTL member Brett Sinclair, except his name was actually Brett Hutchinson.

Any precedent on this? Technically "Brett (name) - Sherrie Hewsons brother" - leaves little doubt who they intended to pick even if the surname turned out wrong.

13 minutes ago, msc said:

Any precedent on this? Technically "Brett (name) - Sherrie Hewsons brother" - leaves little doubt who they intended to pick even if the surname turned out wrong.

I've said before - Brett Sinclair was his performing name and is listed as such on IMDB.

Let's face it, if Cardi B is listed as such but isn't listed under her real name....'mon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I've said before - Brett Sinclair was his performing name and is listed as such on IMDB.

Let's face it, if Cardi B is listed as such but isn't listed under her real name....'mon.

Thanks. Yep, that makes sense.

• Like 1

Plenty of celebrities use stage names but still use their birth name as their legal name.

6 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Plenty of celebrities use stage names but still use their birth name as their legal name.

if we had strike through on the phone version I’d use it. 
you mean ALL.  They can’t sign a legal document as John Fucking Wayne or Tiny Tim.  They have real names they always use.

SC

Aye, its all cleared up, I thought it was a bit of player error, not people using a stage name.

13 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

if we had strike through on the phone version I’d use it. 
you mean ALL.  They can’t sign a legal document as John Fucking Wayne or Tiny Tim.  They have real names they always use.

SC

Some like Elton John change it legally.

On 30/07/2020 at 14:42, YoungWillz said:

Sydney Lotterby Memorial Round Up #14

Sydney Lotterby: https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/30/porridge-open-hours-producer-sydney-lotterby-dies-aged-93-13060299/

Lee Teng-hui: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-8576383/Taiwans-Mr-Democracy-Lee-Teng-hui-dies-aged-97-Taipei.html

Karl Butler: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-53593023

Wilford Brimley: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/breaking-wilford-brimley-dead-cocoon-22456510

John Hume: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44753271

Brett Sinclair: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8583519/Corrie-star-Sherrie-Hewson-believes-brother-Brett-coronavirus-died-brain-tumour.html

Hamza Laden [sic]: Died between 2017-2019.

Bobby Lewis: Died April 2020 with no QO. [Bio not updated]

Albert Memmi: Died May 2020 with no QO. [Bio not updated]

Phil Philips: Died March 2020 with no QO. [Bio not updated]

Mark Rocco: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12277900/mark-rollerball-rocco-dead-wwe-tribute-black-tiger-njpw/

Freddie Sowrey: Died 2019.

Tun Tin: Died May 2020 with no QO. [Bio not updated]

Oliver E Williamson: Died May 2020 with no QO. [Bio not updated]

Alf Wood: Died April 2020 with no QO. [Bio not updated]

Tom Belso: Died January 2020 with no QO. [Bio not updated]

Anthony Epstein & Michael A Epstein: Same Person?

Thanks Willz, will update on the weekend.

For some of these names, I held out for a belated QO that never came.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I'm about done - doesn't include the last round of possible QOs Fi Munro, Ron Tauranac and Hans Jochen Vogel.

I'll bring it all forward just before the next round-up. Just doing this as I think perhaps some lazy folk only check the DDP list when making up their teams, see there's no death mentioned which is why year on year there are people dead from the previous year.

Tom Christie, Olympic rower is a mystery. Wiki and one other source say he's dead in 2017. But I can't find your actual obituary.

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'm about done - doesn't include the last round of possible QOs Fi Munro, Ron Tauranac and Hans Jochen Vogel.

I'll bring it all forward just before the next round-up. Just doing this as I think perhaps some lazy folk only check the DDP list when making up their teams, see there's no death mentioned which is why year on year there are people dead from the previous year.

Tom Christie, Olympic rower is a mystery. Wiki and one other source say he's dead in 2017. But I can't find your actual obituary.

Thanks, once again. What I do with the LOTL is give folk without obits a 2 month window before adding them (mostly as updating the table is a tad pernickty) and then go back to find the names you've listed that never got an obit.

• Like 1

Had a look about for Tom Christie, weird that (if he is dead) he died without at least a mention from King's College or the Thames Rowing Club anywhere. He was removed from his positions in family businesses in 2017, but Company House says it was for "judicial" reasons. idk if that's legal slang for "dead".

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Had a look about for Tom Christie, weird that (if he is dead) he died without at least a mention from King's College or the Thames Rowing Club anywhere. He was removed from his positions in family businesses in 2017, but Company House says it was for "judicial" reasons. idk if that's legal slang for "dead".

I seem to remember being unable to find any reference to this bloke when I was sourcing photos for the DDP last year.

Judicial sounds like something involving the courts, eg legal dispute.

Could be he became mentally incapable of dealing with his own affairs and a court awarded control to another.

Many reasons possible, not just the dead option.

12 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Mildly surprised Bobby Lewis didn’t get a UK obit. Tossing and Turning was a huge hit, at least it was on this side of the pond.

Okay, all updated except for those two Epsteins who surely are the same. This is for a cooler day.

• Thanks 1

Tran Ngoc Chau is one for the list of the Lost.