msc

Derby Dead Pool 2020

21 hours ago, msc said:

Who is famous solely for being mentally ill?

Man, that's a whole can of worms - for example, there are people out there notable for ranting about regretting sexual realignment surgery and  bordering on suicidal as a result. 

I think a healthy debate on the subject is due, any discarded candidates raised are doubtless low-hangers in the more - ahem - permissive pools ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

She was on my theme team long list for 2021 but didn't make the cut

She should have been on mine, but I thought she was already gone - must have confused her with someone else.

• Like 1

Since people keep asking, here is a list of 2020 picks from A to F that would be disallowed under the 2021 rules:

Doug Allen

Julie Allen

Dolores Aviero

Lynda Bailey

Barbara Bamford

Leanne Barrett

Jennifer Bell

Simona Birdsell

Anne Brokenbaw

M|area Burke

Roberta Burton

Karl Butler

Mckennah Carter

Hayley Casey

Bethan Close

Ria Collins

Vicki Eastaugh

Bruce Evans

Anthony Faituna

Pete Felton

Lisa Fry

(Then I got depressed, but you should get the general picture by now...)

Would need a better look at their credentials or lack of:

Criscilla Anderson

• Like 3

On 04/12/2020 at 16:48, msc said:

Since people keep asking, here is a list of 2020 picks from A to F that would be disallowed under the 2021 rules:

Doug Allen

Julie Allen

Dolores Aviero

Lynda Bailey

Barbara Bamford

Leanne Barrett

Jennifer Bell

Simona Birdsell

Anne Brokenbaw

M|area Burke

Roberta Burton

Karl Butler

Mckennah Carter

Hayley Casey

Bethan Close

Ria Collins

Vicki Eastaugh

Bruce Evans

Anthony Faituna

Pete Felton

Lisa Fry

(Then I got depressed, but you should get the general picture by now...)

Would need a better look at their credentials or lack of:

Criscilla Anderson

Was in a reality show for Coffey Anderson and a professional hip hop dancer herself so should count.

Premiering today, November 6th, on Netflix is Country Ever After, a new series that follows the lives of independent country singer Coffey Anderson, his hip-hop dancer wife Criscilla and their three beautiful kiddos. The couple gained traction online with their city vs. country parenting tactics and relatable storyline, and now fans and more can see their love story play out on television! Early in the series, viewers find out about Criscilla’s stage 3 colon cancer as she endures her final round of chemotherapy. Unfortunately, the couple revealed her cancer progressed to stage 4 in November 2019.

2 minutes ago, MortalLightBeam said:

Was in a reality show for Coffey Anderson and a professional hip hop dancer herself so should count.

Apparently she also had an acting career, however mediocre, so yes, she's OK. Good spot. (Or bad spot, your mileage may vary...:P)

• Like 2

It's definitely December, in the past 24 hours I've googled the life expectancies of incurable blood cancer, pancreatic cancer, bowel cancer, bladder cancer, remission life expectancies of similar, motor neuron disease life expectancy, gioblastoma life expectancy, parkinsons life expectancy, cystic fibrosis, alzheimers life expectancy, alcoholism life expectancy, generally googles for 'terminal illness by profession' or 'critical condition in hospital..... 

Happy Deadpool season. 

Ok then, thought exercise - if this person was to be diagnosed with actually having cancer in the near future would they be famous for faking there cancer prior to that?

Grim as fuck, but if you'd wish cancer on anybody, someone who faked it might be high up list?

https://www.popbuzz.com/internet/youtubers/james-charles-fan-death-cancer-hoax-fake/

Can we pick these old duffers who are the first to get the vaccination?

Going to be massive news if one of them croaks in New Year?

59 minutes ago, MortalLightBeam said:

Ok then, thought exercise - if this person was to be diagnosed with actually having cancer in the near future would they be famous for faking there cancer prior to that?

Grim as fuck, but if you'd wish cancer on anybody, someone who faked it might be high up list?

https://www.popbuzz.com/internet/youtubers/james-charles-fan-death-cancer-hoax-fake/

50 minutes ago, MortalLightBeam said:

Can we pick these old duffers who are the first to get the vaccination?

Going to be massive news if one of them croaks in New Year?

In order: no, and no.

A disqualification on the grounds of being Famous For Being Well....:lol:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MortalLightBeam said:

The Naked Rambler?

I was thinking of folk like this lady or Linda Ducharme who married  a Ferris wheel, or those with addictions to plastic surgery .

Erika Eiffel - Wikipedia

Speaking of, did we mention Vera Lynn was Deathlist's 100th DDP hit? Yes, yes we did. But we forgot that:

@maryportfuncityreached the century in August with Frankie Banali. That was also the day Going Underground hit 100, too.

2021 will see Spade, DI and Chorizo pass 100 too.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Speaking of, did we mention Vera Lynn was Deathlist's 100th DDP hit? Yes, yes we did. But we forgot that:

@maryportfuncityreached the century in August with Frankie Banali. That was also the day Going Underground hit 100, too.

2021 will see Spade, DI and Chorizo pass 100 too.

No shit, totally missed that - just like I missed some nailed on picks for DDP this year in general. 

18 hours ago, msc said:

In order: no, and no.

When the vaccinations started, I got a BBC Breaking News notification that mentioned Margaret Keenan by name. She's a notable milestone in a major historical event, and I'd expect her to be mentioned in any history book dedicated to the pandemic, even if only as a footnote. She's clearly not "famous for being ill", not least because she's not even ill?

On 01/12/2020 at 22:06, msc said:

Who is famous solely for being mentally ill?

Chris Costner Sizemore, although she died in 2016. Isn't the first person diagnosed with Asperger's still alive, I suppose he'd count.

3 minutes ago, machotrouts said:

When the vaccinations started, I got a BBC Breaking News notification that mentioned Margaret Keenan by name. She's a notable milestone in a major historical event, and I'd expect her to be mentioned in any history book dedicated to the pandemic, even if only as a footnote. She's clearly not "famous for being ill", not least because she's not even ill?

I note your views and have passed them on to myself, who has decided she's still not famous enough. I don't count getting a vaccine as a mark of notability, sorry.

Anyhow, you are barking up the wrong tree. Martin Kenyon, the 91 year old who got the vaccine and went viral with his CNN interview ("the lunch was terrible) which has gone worldwide... is apparently a well-respected (going off social media prior to yesterday) anti-apartheid activist who worked with Desmond Tutu, helped run the multi-racial Waterford school in Swaziland where Mandela's weans were taught and was interviewed briefly by the Guardian about the activities 7 years ago. I could see him having some loose notability (very loose) that would result in an entertaining Telegraph obit one day.

Seems bloody health to my mind, however!

Obviously FFBI means they are noteworthy for being ill, not go pick your gran. Unless your gran is Angela Lansbury of course...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, msc said:

I note your views and have passed them on to myself, who has decided she's still not famous enough.

:lol:

Am I still the only person here who has scored a legitimate deadpool hit (last year's cup) with a family member?

On 09/12/2020 at 14:00, Spade_Cooley said:

Am I still the only person here who has scored a legitimate deadpool hit (last year's cup) with a family member?

Who was your famous family member and how were you related, if I may ask?