msc

Derby Dead Pool 2020

Based on some upates in the Anzac thread

Picnic at Hanging Rock writer Cliff Green is a hit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9032215/Screen-legend-Cliff-Green-Picnic-Hanging-Rock-fame-dies-85.html

Margaret Guilfoyle a pick in 2019 joins List of the missed

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2019/celebs_G.html#guilfom018

• Like 1

Green and Gerard Houllier (a unique for Dinner Reservation for 20) have us within 14 of the record, and 17 days left...

1 hour ago, msc said:

Green and Gerard Houllier (a unique for Dinner Reservation for 20) have us within 14 of the record, and 17 days left...

All but certain that will be broken then.

On 14/12/2020 at 15:06, Sean said:

All but certain that will be broken then.

We could have a slow end to 2020 in the celeb death stakes.

Alright, I have now finished googling all picks this year to see if there are any hidden hits - and while I saw some previously unknown deaths, none of them got a qualifying obit.

So, if you see any other hit - let me know...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just realized  Conchata Ferrell was left off List of the Missed. She was selected in 2019.

As of right now, we are exactly on par with 2016 and we are now up to a necessary "1 death per day" to break the record of 2016. However, we do not know how many late obits, or year-end roundup obits still come. Last year we've had one, Formula 1 racer Jim Russell. I think, in 2018 we had two, those Aston Villa football players (?). I don't know how many we had in 2016.. but it's usually around 2 or so, IIRC. So we might still run a day ahead or so of 2016 - or not!

Italian restaurator of Da Vincis's last supper, Guiseppina "Pinin" Brambilla Barcilon has died.

https://www.ilmattino.it/cultura/mostre/milano_l_ultima_cena_pinin_brambilla_barcilon_santa_maria_delle_grazie_leonardo_da_vinci-5643156.html

She was a DDP-Pick ten years ago: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2011/celebs_B.html#bambrp

FFBI pick Lisa Griffiths dead with QO

Puts drol in a tie for 4th and Heading Nowhere (no idea who this is) into 5th

• Like 2

Last FFBI hit in the history of DDP?

One can hope.  (Though my joker was FFBI lol).  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Cunto said:

One can hope.  (Though my joker was FFBI lol).  

13 days, 12 hours and 51 minutes left of the year, and the era of the FFBI picks being allowed in the DDP.

A minor addition to the overall frenzy of Deadpooler's Christmas...

4 hours ago, drol said:

Last FFBI hit in the history of DDP?

Through my googling of every pick in this year's DDP, I was left with 2-3 more picks that I consider a possibility of still becoming a hit this year.

Now, I did not research every single name, but with the cancer mums/dads/children, one does have to look a little harder, just to know who they are and what happened to them....

List of the Lost for sports stars in 2020 from  BBC 

Tom Belso gets a mention - good enough for Jim Russell points payout a year ago - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/55363864

9 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

List of the Lost for sports stars in 2020 from  BBC 

Tom Belso gets a mention - good enough for Jim Russell points payout a year ago - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/55363864

Alf Wood also gets mentioned there as well, so at least two names are off the LOTL now 

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Alf Wood also gets mentioned there as well, so at least two names are off the LOTL now 

Belso - btw - started two F1 races and, fittingly, was picked by two teams in the DDP.

Nice late obituaries. They fulfill the quota of getting about 2 late obits per year.

However, I could also imagine one or two more non-sport people, especially the Nobel prize winners.

Ron Tauranac is still on the List of the Lost, even though he's quite rightly dead on his own entry as he got a Telegraph obit.

Just needs removed.

Have we no Losters since October?

29 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ron Tauranac is still on the List of the Lost, even though he's quite rightly dead on his own entry as he got a Telegraph obit.

Just needs removed.

Have we no Losters since October?

Probably not, but most of them are so obscure their DDP teams haven't noticed, let alone me. :lol:

Tauranac a tribute to the great 2013 DDP when Jack Pardee was LOTL and then a hit after his obit was discovered 5 months later. (That was an impressive timelapse in the pre-Belso days...) Either that or I forgot.

• Like 1

So the hits record is 275 isn't it? I guess it's still do-able to equal it, but going to need a push to get it higher. :sherlock: