msc

Derby Dead Pool 2020

Well, it seems like it’s now past the DDP deadline for obits, so I would like to officially congratulate Reptile for winning the DDP. 
I think I mentioned a few years ago that I thought Reptile would a future winner in the next few years but can’t seem to find that post.

Next year looks to be super wide open, but again, congrats on the win here. :) 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, it seems like it’s now past the DDP deadline for obits, so I would like to officially congratulate Reptile for winning the DDP. 
I think I mentioned a few years ago that I thought Reptile would a future winner in the next few years but can’t seem to find that post.

Next year looks to be super wide open, but again, congrats on the in here. :) 

Seconded! Well done to you gcreptile!

• Thanks 1

tumblr_nom9drTC2J1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• Like 3

Indeed, well done. Ever since your 2016 team, it could be seen that you had the fire for a future victory, so to speak. So the moment is well deserved.

• Like 1

Well done Reptile. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Next year looks to be super wide open, but again, congrats on the win here. :) 

By super wide open do you mean you might witness a delicious Crumble team skilfully manoeuvring itself into first place and taking the crown for 2021?!:P;)

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

By super wide open do you mean you might witness a delicious Crumble team skilfully manoeuvring itself into first place and taking the crown for 2021?!:P;)

Possibly. ;) Maybe that pesky pelican is finally able to get a win too...

• Haha 1

Congratz to winner! I am almost happy with my 118 points. Wish it would have given me a top 10 finish. 

• Like 1

Highly impressive work GCR - well impressed!

• Like 1

While we wait for the 2021 site to go up, why not enjoy the annual DDP Year in Review. Or not.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Hopefully this means that "play us out..." becomes a permanent feature of DDP year-end round-ups from now on.

7 hours ago, msc said:

While we wait for the 2021 site to go up, why not enjoy the annual DDP Year in Review. Or not.

I've  read it and I'm not bloody happy. The write up on the search for a Rory Gilsenan obit is a disgrace!. It says "the owner of the Sick-bed of Cuchulainn theme team went looking everywhere for a suitable obit for their man. They found one in the Sunday Telegraph print copy, but it wasn’t in their online website."

Now I've been accused of many things in my life, but accusing me of reading the Sunday Telegraph is taking fucking liberties! And considering that their website is behind a paywall, the implication that I would have paid to look at that is just rubbing salty shit in the wound :rant:

I demand an immediate retraction of that scurrilous and possibly libellous claim, or my legal team will be in touch in due course!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

I've  read it and I'm not bloody happy. The write up on the search for a Rory Gilsenan obit is a disgrace!. It says "the owner of the Sick-bed of Cuchulainn theme team went looking everywhere for a suitable obit for their man. They found one in the Sunday Telegraph print copy, but it wasn’t in their online website."

Now I've been accused of many things in my life, but accusing me of reading the Sunday Telegraph is taking fucking liberties! And considering that their website is behind a paywall, the implication that I would have paid to look at that is just rubbing salty shit in the wound :rant:

I demand an immediate retraction of that scurrilous and possibly libellous claim, or my legal team will be in touch in due course!

Be glad it wasn't in The Express! :o:lol:

A cool 182nd place shared for me.

You'd think I'd be better at this after 15 years...:facepalm:

• Like 1

Congratulations gcreptile - a very well  deserved victory. 

With a second place finish, I join a fairly short list of players who have had multiple podium finishes without ever winning it. I think the list is as follows:

4. Jesus Jones: 2nd 1996, 3rd 2000, 2002, 2003.

2. Hoppo: 2nd 1997, 3rd 1998.

Mr.C  2nd 1999,  3rd 2003

One Foot in the Grave: 2nd 2003, 3rd 2004

Stab in the Dark: 2nd 2006, 2007

Wormer, He's A Dead Man! Niedermier Dead! Marmalard Dead! 3rd 2008 ,2nd 2011

Once you go Black: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020.

The odds are not, however, in favour of me ever exiting the list. The only one I can see that had multiple podium finishes and then went on to win is of course DI's Thomas Jefferson Survives.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, An Fear Beag said:

Congratulations gcreptile - a very well  deserved victory. 

With a second place finish, I join a fairly short list of players who have had multiple podium finishes without ever winning it. I think the list is as follows:

4. Jesus Jones: 2nd 1996, 3rd 2000, 2002, 2003.

2. Hoppo: 2nd 1997, 3rd 1998.

Mr.C  2nd 1999,  3rd 2003

One Foot in the Grave: 2nd 2003, 3rd 2004

Stab in the Dark: 2nd 2006, 2007

Wormer, He's A Dead Man! Niedermier Dead! Marmalard Dead! 3rd 2008 ,2nd 2011

Once you go Black: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020.

The odds are not, however, in favour of me ever exiting the list. The only one I can see that had multiple podium finishes and then went on to win is of course DI's Thomas Jefferson Survives.

Interesting observation. The curse of 2nd has been well established but it seems 3rd place has its own degree of jinxing. At a glance, JoeRam seems to be the only other DDPer besides me to have won after a non-winning podium place.

DDT, OoO, DAAS, and Dr T are also DDP champs who placed 2nd or 3rd but all did so after their most recent win.

Well done GC Reptile - a truly great win. 

Good luck to all in 2021.  I might dip my toe back in with a theme team in 2022.

• Like 4

Well done Reptile.

Happy with my 4 deaths across 3 teams - a 100% improvement on 2019.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2020 at 08:45, Sir Creep said:

6. Carl-Erik Eriksson (bobsleigh)

Dead at 93

5 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Carl-Erik Eriksson also a current DDP pick.

• Like 1