Sean

Roger Scruton

Set up a thread for Sir Roger Scruton due to his recent photos.Looks like he is close to death.

:pop:

He was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year.I would think he is notable for the Deathlist.Not a household name but anyone interested in politics or philosophy knows him very well.Very influential writer and philosopher adored by the right ( well the traditionalist right) and loathed by the left.

EK3skbhWoAYex4J.jpeg

Last month:

EJekSPHWoAA9s-k.jpeg

December 2019/ Early 2019 beneath  :skull:

DSZZS20191203220.jpg

3500.jpg

Does he look THAT bad though ? Smiling away....knocking back the fizz.....at least he is getting out and about....

"Very influential writer and philosopher adored by the right ( well the traditionalist right) and loathed by the left."

No one has replaced "The Special One" in my heart these last few years......could this be the guy ? I need to read up on him :)

I think the wheelchair indicates that, whatever cancer he has, it has spread to his bones.

John McCririck of 2020?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I think the wheelchair indicates that, whatever cancer he has, it has spread to his bones.

You very well could be right, but I think I can say with some certainty that that wheelchair is just something someone pulled out for him, not a permanent feature. You can tell by his thighs- they aren't supported by the seat, so the chair is far too small, which means it's probably not his. And don't get me started on the wheels.  Of course, he may have left his own chair at home and this one was just for convenience. I actually have no idea who the dude is. Chair spotting is just another weird fascination of mine. Amazing how many wealthy celebrities show up in horrible ones.

• Like 1

I'd guess Ted Bundy's last chair was sturdy. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'd guess Ted Bundy's last chair was sturdy. :P

Shockingly so.

• Haha 2

Roger Scruton gives a rundown of his year in the Spectator.

July

Returning to London, I finally get to see the rheumatologist with whom I have booked an appointment. He talks of my lecture on Parsifal, at which he asked that forgotten question. And he delicately suggests, as a matter of some urgency, a CT scan. Alarmed by what he finds, he puts me in the hands of an oncologist who, concluding that otherwise I may be dead from cancer within a week, sets to work on me at once.

That week has been extended, but for how long? This question naturally dominates my life and the life of my family. Hope of a remission remains, though life will henceforth be very different.

We should SCRUTONise individuals who are deemed worthy of threads around here.  

28 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

We should SCRUTONise individuals who are deemed worthy of threads around here.  

SC, R U TONgue-lashing us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, as the new committee is currently solving some unexpected problems with the new site (which we hope to overcome today), we can say that, most likely, the first member of the Drop 40 is dead.

• Like 1

A dead cert and he scored.

2 Hits for my Shadowlist already and the new year just began. He was also a hit for my DDP.

First hit for my DDP until Samantha Last gets her QO.

Sad news (Through i am not someone who shared many views with him)

First hit for me.

• Like 1