Sean

By -Election Bingo 2019-2024

Rosie Cooper is resigning as MP for West Lancashire  to take up a new role as chair of an NHS trust. Should be an easy Labour hold unless the Tory polling figures improve rapidly. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Rosie Cooper is resigning as MP for West Lancashire  to take up a new role as chair of an NHS trust. Should be an easy Labour hold unless the Tory polling figures improve rapidly. 

She has hardly been at Westminster of late.Thats why he picked her for the DDP.Possibly biggest mistake of the year in hindsight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brad252 said:

Rupa Huq one to watch out for after having the whip removed for racist remarks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63050482

Polled over half the votes winning it last time. If she's ousted and stands as an independent I still think Labour could storm it with their current standing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Polled over half the votes winning it last time. If she's ousted and stands as an independent I still think Labour could storm it with their current standing.

I doubt she would run as a independent- she is not the rebel type. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I doubt she would run as an independent- she is not the rebel type. 

She’s not rebelling if she’s been kicked out though, is she?

IMO she should be. All that material when it comes to bashing Kamikwasi and she comes out with that fucking stupid shit. Moron.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

She’s not rebelling if she’s been kicked out though, is she?

IMO she should be. All that material when it comes to bashing Kamikwasi and she comes out with that fucking stupid shit. Moron.

I mean running as as an independent against your former party is effectively rebelling. As to get votes she would have to attack the party. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Indians seem to be quite the racist race, I don't like them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I took her to mean that he's no better than the white privileged public schoolboys running the Tory party.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Indians seem to be quite the racist race, I don't like them.

Her roots are Bengali. 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63177669

Conor Burns sacked from cabinet and Tory party after claims of "serious misconduct", seems to be sexual in nature? Investigation to take place, held his Bournemouth seat quite comfortably in 2019 but with the current state of polls and possible nature of his incident could make it a fairly easy pickup for Labour should he have to resign.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63177669

Conor Burns sacked from cabinet and Tory party after claims of "serious misconduct", seems to be sexual in nature? Investigation to take place, held his Bournemouth seat quite comfortably in 2019 but with the current state of polls and possible nature of his incident could make it a fairly easy pickup for Labour should he have to resign.

Yeah. Reportedly sexually harassed a man at party conference I’m told.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yeah. Reportedly sexually harassed a man at party conference I’m told.

Do you think he will survive as an mp? I'm surprised Chris Pincher hasn't quit the commons 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Do you think he will survive as an mp? I'm surprised Chris Pincher hasn't quit the commons 

These things are hard to prove without supporting witness statements or evidence.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

These things are hard to prove without supporting witness statements or evidence.

Indeed.  If he was drunk he may have been careless enough to do something caught on the cctv at the party conference in Birmingham.  We shall see.

• Like 1

There is also the possibility of stuff more historic emerging - which happened to Pincher. 

• Like 1

Pincher and Burns are names I'd automatically associate with bad sex.....:P

Ouch and OUCH!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Pincher and Burns are names I'd automatically associate with bad sex.....:P

Ouch and OUCH!!!

What about Truss then?  :evil2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brad252 said:

Christina Rees under investigation for allegations of bullying staff, with Labour whip removed:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/13/labour-mp-christina-rees-stripped-of-party-whip-after-bullying-allegations

She's a judo black belt, right? So, assuming she refrained from using her skills she might have an argument that she was restrained in discussing the competence or otherwise of her staff! Either way, 9,500 majority over Plaid Cymru - likely worth sacrificing her and bringing it on just to see if the Tories fall from their curent 13% all the way to a lost deposit.

• Like 2

Not a by-election, but Corbynista Sam Tarry has just become the first incumbent Labour MP to be deselected by his association in over a decade. He has announced he therefore won’t contest the next general election. He’s also the one currently shagging Angela Rayner. 

Christina Rees, above, also served in the Corbyn shadow cabinet, and was pretty loyal to him.

Labour are very far ahead in the polls. Gives Starmer the opportunity to purge his party of its left leaning MPs…

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Not a by-election, but Corbynista Sam Tarry has just become the first incumbent Labour MP to be deselected by his association in over a decade. He has announced he therefore won’t contest the next general election. He’s also the one currently shagging Angela Rayner. 

Christina Rees, above, also served in the Corbyn shadow cabinet, and was pretty loyal to him.

Labour are very far ahead in the polls. Gives Starmer the opportunity to purge his party of its left leaning MPs…

Zarah Sultana easily won reselection in her constituency, mind you, which tells you Sam Tarry was especially shite.

Virendra Sharma was going to face one in 2019 but the election saved him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Zarah Sultana easily won reselection in her constituency, mind you, which tells you Sam Tarry was especially shite.

And Sultana is further left and and a more controversial figure who Starmer would liked to have seen gone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Used to be my MP.

Absolutely useless – inactive and invisible. Had hoped Momentum would turf him out, even if they were doing it for the wrong reason (he's a patron of Labour Friends of Israel).

• Like 1