Deathray

Hares Death Pool 2020

@Prophet brilliant all sorted.

And on we go

@JoeMoneypenny Vishwesha Teertha died yesterday (29th December 2019) and theefore has been replaced by Pope Benedict. You can make any changes you want up until 11.59pm tomorrow if this isn't good by you. Apart from that your team is fine, no FFBIs and no queries.

@Torva Messor Your lot are absolute fine. No FFBI disqualifications and no queries. In the absence of finding an old person or someone with a terminal illness by the name of Aaron Carter it's been masterlisted as the malnourished pop star brother of the BackStreet boys bloke, who seems to be back to some modicum of health despite a few legal issues. A brave pick if ever there was one. 

@Joepesci There's a couple of John Holmes' kicking about who would make decent picks, in the absence of clarification you've got the British diplomat born 1951. Ian Holmes, footballer born 1950 appears to be a unique pick so far or perhaps you mean the fell runner Ian Holmes???? :scratchhead:..... just clarifying you mean him and not the knocking on 90 actor on a rather larger number of teams hereabouts who goes by the name of Ian Holm...? Similarly there's two Don Murray's - you've got the actor born 1929 rather than the slightly younger footballer in the absence of clarification. With regards to Lee Grant I've took the liberty of assigning your team the 90 odd year old actress over the 30 odd year old footballer....  

Oh and a couple of subs might be a good idea as well - otherwise you run the risk of starting a man down.

And a break for now but...

As above, more of these to come - don't think you've been let off the hook :P

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Joe pesci was a temporary account as I was unable to access this account because I forgot my password (I have since rembered). Lee Grant and Don Murray were exactly who I meant but your guess for John Holmes was exactly supposed to be the northern Ireland politician John Hume (blitz typing can lead to mistakes). Since Moi might die I would to add Roberta McCaim as a sup. And by Ian Holmes I mean the 90 year old actor.  Hope I win.

• Angry 1

Team sent

• Angry 1

And we carry on the thorough check

@Death Impends   Just my annual clarification that Joe Vento is Sinatra's pianist and you didn't miss the death of the cook of the same name a few years ago? Aside from that no FFBI disqualifications. :) 

@Skinny kiltrunner The only Brian O'Conner I can find is the lead character from the Fast and Furious franchise's early films and the actor who played hims dead so I can't even assign you him out of petulance. :P Oh after much searching and some help there's an EODM bassist called Brian O'Connor - now that's definitely the kind of pick that warrants a (this is who they are) :lol:..... :scratchhead: . That Keeps JLT in your subs..... I've assumed Bob Watson is chemist Robert Watson and finally Ed Battle is an 85 year old jazz singer right?.... as with all of these we're open for corrections until 11.59pm tomorrow night. :) 

@YorkshireBanker   Yours are fine. No FFBI disqualifications, no queries. :) 

@theoldlady Yours are fine. No FFBI disqualifications, no queries :) 

As with the above, just because I haven't got round to you yet doesn't mean your not in the firing line. Slow and steady wins the race.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Joe pesci was a temporary account as I was unable to access this account because I forgot my password (I have since rembered). Lee Grant and Don Murray were exactly who I meant but your guess for John Holmes was exactly supposed to be the northern Ireland politician John Hume (blitz typing can lead to mistakes). Since Moi might die I would to add Roberta McCaim as a sup.  Hope I win.

So I've put McCain in as a sub. Re main team....

Lee Grant and Don Murray remain as they are, John Hume has been changed to the NI politice. 

Ok that still leaves 'Ian Holmes' unaccounted for..... (currently down as a footballer born in 1950.)

You'll stay as Joepesci on the masterlst because life's too fucking short... :) 

• Angry 1

14 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

So I've put McCain in as a sub. Re main team....

Lee Grant and Don Murray remain as they are, John Hume has been changed to the NI politice. 

Ok that still leaves 'Ian Holmes' unaccounted for..... (currently down as a footballer born in 1950.)

You'll stay as Joepesci on the masterlst because life's too fucking short... :) 

I think he means Ian Holm, the A list actor 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I think he means Ian Holm, the A list actor 

I offered him that option in my original list of queries and he appeared to not take it up in his response..... hence the subltle as a brick reminder that as it stands Ian Holmes, the journeyman footballer is still on his team..... :) :P

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

And we carry on the thorough check

@Death Impends   Just my annual clarification that Joe Vento is Sinatra's pianist and you didn't miss the death of the cook of the same name a few years ago? Aside from that no FFBI disqualifications. :) 

@Skinny kiltrunner The only Brian O'Conner I can find is the lead character from the Fast and Furious franchise's early films and the actor who played hims dead so I can't even assign you him out of petulance. :P Oh after much searching and some help there's an EODM bassist called Brian O'Connor - now that's definitely the kind of pick that warrants a (this is who they are) :lol:..... :scratchhead: . That Keeps JLT in your subs..... I've assumed Bob Watson is chemist Robert Watson and finally Ed Battle is an 85 year old jazz singer right?.... as with all of these we're open for corrections until 11.59pm tomorrow night. :) 

@YorkshireBanker   Yours are fine. No FFBI disqualifications, no queries. :) 

@theoldlady Yours are fine. No FFBI disqualifications, no queries :) 

As with the above, just because I haven't got round to you yet doesn't mean your not in the firing line. Slow and steady wins the race.

Sorry for the confusion, and you are right on all counts except Bob Watson. I meant the baseball player, Robert Jose Watson, born 1946.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

Team sent.

Edit:  Forgot to nominate a wildcard.  Use the top name.

• Angry 1

@Skinny kiltrunner adjustment made for Bob Watson - and no need for the apologies - this procedure is something of a light-hearted annual tradition at this point.

My final victims for passive aggressive distain and barely tempered sarcasm finally round of the so far submitted public teams to be subject to FFBI and clarification checks.... :) 

@Book All good no FFBI disqualifications or queries. :) 

@etib80 All good no FFBI disqualifications or queries.

@nantonian2013  your team is all good. No FFBI disqualifications or queries. :) 

@Bibliogryphon All good no FFBI disqualifications and no clarifications need. Given you've only submitted 25 names I'd normally ask for subs but given your track record..... just kidding.... :P :) 

@CaptainChorizo  No clarification queries. Toby Dawson just scrapes past FFBI filter - almost disqualified him before doing a double check..... :lol: :) 

That all went disappointingly smoothly, off to see if i can hurl abuse at any of the PM entries then oh and the one person who decided status update was the best method of entering the Hares this year (that's a new one @Wormfarmer? )..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Right. Everyone who has entered so far be that by posting in this thread, PM or posting on my profile wall (Why~?) has been properly checked and been forced to replace FFBIs if necessary. Only two picks have been rejected though - I've tried to reject at least a dozen more that looked FFBIy and not been able to do so because they meet the FFBI filter (Who the fuck are they? award candidates though..... Certainly), so thank you to everybody for understanding the rules and making my life easier. 

We're open for entries until 11.59pm tomorrow night so if you miss the deadline for the Deathrace we're about - (and Rule 7 amendments but please do this sparingly, think of the host!:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

Apologies for the late entry (Still a little earlier than last year!)

1. Alex Trebek

2. Belinda Sykes

3. Bill Turnbull

4. Bob Dole

5. Bob Gibson

6. Bob Weighton

7. Chris Doleman

8. David Gulpill

9. Daniel Arap Moi

10. David Hagen (WC)

11 Frankie Benali

12. Genesis P-orridge

13. George Alagiah

14. Harry Reid

15. Jean Louis Trintagent

16. John Lewis (American politician)

17. Kane Tanaka

18. Kirk Douglas

19. Litsa Menounos

20. Olivia Newton John

21. Pat Smullen

22. Peter Tobin

23. Roberta McCain

24. Terry Jones
25.Tom Smith

SUBS:

Denis Goldberg

Prince Philip

Jimmy Carter

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

7 hours ago, Kinnock said:

That all went disappointingly smoothly, off to see if i can hurl abuse at any of the PM entries then oh and the one person who decided status update was the best method of entering the Hares this year (that's a new one @Wormfarmer? )..... 

See how I am learning all the time??  I don't even know what the hell a status update is and I found a way to creatively use it.  Hope it didn't cause too much death and destruction.  Well, death ok, destruction, no.  Do you want me to repost here - no problem?

4 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

See how I am learning all the time??  I don't even know what the hell a status update is and I found a way to creatively use it.  Hope it didn't cause too much death and destruction.  Well, death ok, destruction, no.  Do you want me to repost here - no problem?

Nope it's okay, your team is set and in the masterlist. :) 

I am not expecting any to go today but if the worst happend chuck Annette Badlands in as a sub

• Thanks 1

PM sent.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

PM sent.

Usual facetious round of 'Who the fuck are these people?'s sent back...... only the 1 rejection (and a clarification one..... bizarrely given the nature of your teams :lol:).....

@An Fear Beag Yours are fine. No FFBI disqualifications and no requests for clarification :) 

Ok with just over 12 hours until we close. I have 38 teams - entrants are listed in post two (with a handy guide to where we are it in the checking process - two green yesses and your good to go and confirmed.) As always if your not listed in post 2 and think you've submitted a team can you please resubmit.

Unlike some other pools we are open until the very end of the year at 11.59pm tonight for entries. 

Oh and just to be absolute clear if someones claim to fame is being on fucking life support they have not had the opportunity to establish themselves as a fucking campaigner of any sort...... Read the bleeding rules before submitting your teams..... 

Ok then the annual - the one and only annual - reminder to those who played last year but haven't subbed yet....

10 of last years entrants haven't submitted - as always haven't done detailed activity checks, so apologies if I'm raising the dead (I'm calling 9 of the 10- there's an obvious exception on account of known inactivity....)

Roughly 11 hours to find some cancer certified local celebrities......

@FixedBusiness

@ebless

@Doulton

@WidowsPeak

@ebless

@Pedro67

@Clorox Bleachman

@Mysteriousmummy

Give it an hour or two. Looking forward to my sweary PM.

• Haha 1