Paul Bearer

UK election. You voted for?

Conservative.

On 12/12/2019 at 17:42, Clorox Bleachman said:

Too young to vote.

That said, SNP would've been my choice.

Too American to vote.
I vote for throwaway parties (read: Libertarian) so I noticed over 700,000 votes were for 'other parties' after the top 6 listed.  So I'd have prolly voted one of them.
SC

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Too American to vote.
I vote for throwaway parties (read: Libertarian) so I noticed over 700,000 votes were for 'other parties' after the top 6 listed.  So I'd have prolly voted one of them.
SC

We've got a Libertarian Party over here. They got 1,780 votes. more than 3 x there 2017 tally of 524 despite only fielding 1 more candidate. 

On 13/12/2019 at 01:08, Boudicca said:

Labour. Also tactically.

It's my birthday tomorrow (today?) so cheers Boris for potentially spoiling it.

Happy Birthday Boudicca! Hope you get a break from politics and get to enjoy the day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Idiot.

So you deny that Jeremy Corbyn called the Hamas and the Hizbollah his friends? Or that paragraphs like Article 13 are authoritarian and nowhere near to democratic?

4 hours ago, Prophet said:

So you deny that Jeremy Corbyn called the Hamas and the Hizbollah his friends? Or that paragraphs like Article 13 are authoritarian and nowhere near to democratic?

The EU is not a dictatorship, rather the polar opposite. And Corbyn is a pacifist. This is all I'm saying. I could elaborate, but I tend not to waste time explaining things to suspected idiots.

• Like 3

I am very dissapointed when I see people who believe that eu is a dictatorship or something like that (I live in a country in which similar views had totally dominated some years before in the society with exponents mostly from far left and far right). They haven't understand its importance and efforts for peace and progress. I can't think anything better than EU. 

• Like 2

I am just baffled about the fact that most people seem to agree the country is in a total mess  but have re elected the govt that has been in charge for the last 10 years. What's that all about ?! :mellow:

• Angry 1

12 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I am just baffled about the fact that most people seem to agree the country is in a total mess  but have re elected the govt that has been in charge for the last 10 years. What's that all about ?! :mellow:

The yokels from the shire's have taken over the asylum.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Well, I am baffled that the Labour, Lib Dem and Green parties didn't get together and present a united front.  That was the best strategy for ousting Boris & co.

• Like 2

SNP.

Look, Scotland knew England and Wales would get fooled again. When people's overriding issue at a General Election is getting out of Europe, rather than their hospital, their school, their career, their community, their children's future, etc etc etc then they are lost.

Stop all those immigrants coming to town? Boris' Brexit won't do that. The people arriving will just be different colours, even less able to speak the language....coming to a dimunition of your house prices near you.

Fifth largest economy in the world which will expand and benefit all? Boris' Brexit won't do that. In the short and medium term your food prices will go up, the currency will fall, jobs will be lost (mainly among Labour deserters), more people will wait at hospitals for longer and more and more people will die on the streets, your streets, when they find out just how hard it is to keep a house on Universal Credit.

The Government will get on with your priorities? Boris' Brexit won't do that. They'll be tied up with exit legislation, trade deals, cap in hand begging other economies (including EU) for inward investment. Crikey, they bang on about nationalisation not working because politicians can't run the services. Yet you trust them to make deals for you?

Other Brexits were available. Indeed I vote for one on the basis that eventually there would be a compromise. I think the British are right to get out of the political side, not everything else. But even Farage gasps at the absurdity of Boris' Brexit.

When England and Wales waves their God Save The Queen and their respective national flags in the faces of Scotland and Northern Ireland, don't be surprised that we are entitled to become a little more nationalistic ourselves. In fact, a lot.

By the end of the 2020s, we shall have a United Ireland and Scotland out of the UK. Mark my words.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Toast said:

Well, I am baffled that the Labour, Lib Dem and Green parties didn't get together and present a united front.  That was the best strategy for ousting Boris & co.

Shame on them and their stupid pettiness for being so foolishly tribal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Shame on them and their stupid pettiness for being so foolishly tribal. 

I mean we've been here before, and we'll be here again in 2024. 

18 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I mean we've been here before, and we'll be here again in 2024. 

Oh I think the tories are going to be in power for at least the best part of a decade minimum. Labour even coming close to being part of government by the next general election is too big a hurdle to jump.The gap in terms of number of mps is too large and the boundaries will be changed making it even harder.

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh I think the tories are going to be in power for at least the best part of a decade minimum. Labour even coming close to being part of government by the next general election is too big a hurdle to jump.The gap in terms of number of mps is too large and the boundaries will be changed making it even harder.

Even if the boundaries aren't changed, we'll end up electing another 'Labour member hero' and not winning any seats back.

We need to try and build something coherent to get us back in government by 2029, if we can pile on 60 seats at the next election, that's a good yardstick. 

Any worse than that and it'll be 2034 before we're back in power.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Even if the boundaries aren't changed, we'll end up electing another 'Labour member hero' and not winning any seats back.

We need to try and build something coherent to get us back in government by 2029, if we can pile on 60 seats at the next election, that's a good yardstick. 

Any worse than that and it'll be 2034 before we're back in power.

Sad but true 

35 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Sad but true 

Nostradamus hyper negative prediction.

Early 2020 - Membership elect Rebecca Long Bailey

Early 2023  - Rebecca Long-Bailey resigns or is voted out

Early 2023 - Membership elect Richard Burgon

May 2024 - Labour run a disastrous leadership election get circ 150 seats of 600

May 2024 - Richard Burgon resigns

September 2024 - Membership elect Kier Starmer

Around 2026 - Far Left Split off to form 'Momentum Party' led by Rayner

Around 2027 - Lib Dems join back into Labour and form  a 'Social Democratic Labour Party' now the far left have left have gone

May 2029 - Conservatives win a majority but combined 'Momentum' and SDLP vote share is more than the Tory vote.  (although overall seats up to circal 210-220 of 600)

September 2029 - Dan Jarvis elected as SDLP leader.

September 2029 - Laura Pidcock elected as Momentum leader

Around 2032 - Momentum and SDLP form an electoral alliance.

2033/2034 - Momentum and SDLP form a coalition government - possibly with SNP confidence (if they haven't left yet).

The Momentum/SDLP coalition remains in power until 2039 or 2044, after Scotland leaves the UK eradicating their confidence and we return to perma-Tory rule until we're all dead. 

3 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Nostradamus hyper negative prediction.

Early 2020 - Membership elect Rebecca Long Bailey

Early 2023  - Rebecca Long-Bailey resigns or is voted out

Early 2023 - Membership elect Richard Burgon

May 2024 - Labour run a disastrous leadership election get circ 150 seats of 600

May 2024 - Richard Burgon resigns

September 2024 - Membership elect Kier Starmer

Around 2026 - Far Left Split off to form 'Momentum Party' led by Rayner

Around 2027 - Lib Dems join back into Labour and form  a 'Social Democratic Labour Party' now the far left have left have gone

May 2029 - Conservatives win a majority but combined 'Momentum' and SDLP vote share is more than the Tory vote.  (although overall seats up to circal 210-220 of 600)

September 2029 - Dan Jarvis elected as SDLP leader.

September 2029 - Laura Pidcock elected as Momentum leader

Around 2032 - Momentum and SDLP form an electoral alliance.

2033/2034 - Momentum and SDLP form a coalition government - possibly with SNP confidence (if they haven't left yet).

The Momentum/SDLP coalition remains in power until 2039 or 2044, after Scotland leaves the UK eradicating their confidence and we return to perma-Tory rule until we're all dead. 

A depressing long nightmare....

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A depressing long nightmare....

Sadly realistic though.

Hopefully the membership have the common sense to elect Jarvis in new year and avoid that path.

15 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Sadly realistic though.

Hopefully the membership have the common sense to elect Jarvis in new year and avoid that path.

Doubtful 

Labour. I'd rather be eating worms than ever vote Conservative :old:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wickerman said:

Labour. I'd rather be eating worms than ever vote Conservative :old:

Anybody on here brave enough to say they voted for useless Theresa May?