Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to be 'like a super strong enema 'in 2020

Norman Tebbit!

9 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Any particular name in mind or that you wish to suggest?

I know Davy Jones of The Monkees died on February 29, so I'm going to say it's a musician.

57 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

I know Davy Jones of The Monkees died on February 29, so I'm going to say it's a musician.

Tina Turner. Or Joni Mitchell.

• Like 1

Ahmadou Mathar M'Bow, will be the death of the decade.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Really?

25 minutes ago, ebless said:

Really?

You really don't deserve an answer.

1 hour ago, drol said:

With both The Queen and Prince Philip both still alive, are you serious?! :o

1 hour ago, ebless said:

Really?

13 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

With both The Queen and Prince Philip both still alive, are you serious?! :o

YEAH, @drol. Buck your ideas up mate. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Simple, M'Bow will be hospitalized numerous times for years to come, only to be released within the next few days in spite of advanced age. It will draw enough ire from drol to make M'Bow a forum icon whose eventual death will be seen as earth shattering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hah. Although being realistic, Putin could be the biggest death of the next decade. He's 67 now and Gorbachev is a massive outlier for Russian leaders longevity...

Christ on the cross, I go away for a few days, an this unedifying thing in the first few posts happens! 

I have the theory that over time there are more and more famous people because of new media formats and their expansion, radio ,tv, the internet. Because of this statistically speaking over they years their should be more famous people dying every year as their are more famous people in general

• Like 2

6 hours ago, QueenElizabethIsAlmostDead said:

I have the theory that over time there are more and more famous people because of new media formats and their expansion, radio ,tv, the internet. Because of this statistically speaking over they years their should be more famous people dying every year as their are more famous people in general

Correct although some years still stand out as big mountains metaphorically speaking in that changed landscape because of the number of iconic or important/high stature names who die.

11 hours ago, Boudicca said:

Christ on the cross, I go away for a few days, an this unedifying thing in the first few posts happens! 

Unedifying has its charms!:lol::P;)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The five Horsemen:

1)Stanley Ho (1921) :dead:

2)Shin Kyuk-ho (1921) :dead:

3)Robert Kuok (1923)

4)Sumner Redstone (1923) :dead:

5)John Rigas (1924) :dead:

Absolutely 3/5 dead in 2020.

• Like 2

And I have proofs that if Iraqi Minister of Justice Malik Dohan al-Hassan (1919) and Former Interior Minister of Tunisia Driss Guiga (1924) don't die in 2020, 2021 will see a nuclear apocalypse and the end of the human race. 

• Haha 2

On 29/12/2019 at 00:36, BCAlum2000 said:

I too do think 2020 (or maybe 2021) will be poised to be a big year in terms of celebrity deaths.  Although we did lose a lot of celebrities this year, most of them aren't really too high profile, and were more second tier.  

But we've got some big names down the pike that the Grim Reaper is anxious to claim their souls including Jimmy Carter, Prince Phillip, Alex Trebek, Larry King, Kirk Douglas, Olivia Newton-John, Sean Connery, and so forth.  I also think we will have a truly shocking death of a young celebrity, and not an "up and comer" type, but an A-lister celebrity who will likely die by either suicide or drug overdose (think Robin Williams or Philip Seymour Hoffman level).  I predict that we will see the death of one (or maybe even more) of the following in 2020 or 2021: Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears (she has been deteriorating mentally lately and sadly I think she could end up taking her own life or suffer a suicide by cop similar to Vanessa Marquez), Amanda Bynes, Demi Lovato (she will relapse and not survive this time around, she won't cheat death twice), Pete Davidson, Tekashi69, Lil' Wayne (or another high profile hip hop artist), and one or two big name celebrities connected to Jeffrey Epstein.  

I also await Bill Cosby to croak.  He will die in disgrace like Joe Paterno.  

What makes you think that the truly shocking death of a young celebrity will happen? What sort of person are you thinking of?

You've already mentioned Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan, was that what you were getting at?

• Like 1

On 28/12/2019 at 23:59, DeathClock said:

It feels like every leap year the grim reaper is most active. 2016 and 2012 was big year for celebrity deaths.

Damn right, 2004 and 2008 count too.

As far as I can remember, 2004 took out Brando, Reagan, Jerry Goldsmith, Christopher Reeve, Rodney Dangerfield, Peter Ustinov, Janet Leigh, Elmer Bernstein, Ol Dirty Bastard, Rick James, Fay Wray, Estee Lauder, Johnny Ramone, Dimebag Darrell, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, Julia Child, Ray Charles, Jerry Orbach, Artie Shaw, Yasser Arafat, Spalding Gray, Francoise Sagan and Stieg Larsson;

We lost Heath Ledger, Edmund Hillary, Rick Wright, Charlton Heston, Paul Newman, Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Yves Saint Laurent, Tim Russert Tony Snow, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, George Carlin, Eartha Kitt, Bobby Fisher, Roy Scheider, Bo Diddley, Stan Winston, Suzanne Pleshette, Michael Crichton, Sydney Pollack, Jesse Helms, Anthony Minghella, Paul Scofield, Richard Widmark and Arthur C. Clarke in 2008;

2012 took Donna Summer, Neil Armstrong, Davy Jones, Earl Scruggs, Whitney Houston, Nora Ephron, Tony Scott, Harry Harrison, Etta James, Robin Gibb, Dick Clark, Marvin Hamlisch, Scott McKenzie, Edd Gould,  Ray Bradbury, Andy Griffith, Vidal Sassoon, Maurice Sendak, Adam Yauch, Phyllis Diller, Ralph McQuarrie, Ernest Borgnine, Dave Brubeck, Hal David, Charles Durning, Jack Klugman, Sally Ride, Michael Clarke Duncan, Andy Williams, Carroll Shelby, Gore Vidal, George McGovern, Russell Means and Mike Wallace away from us;

And 2016 took out  Bowie, Rickman, Terry Wogan, Prince, Ali, Anton Yelchin, Edward Albee,  George Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, Shimon Peres, Maurice White, Nancy Reagan, Patty Duke, George Michael, Greg Lake, King Bhumibol, Marni Nixon, Pete Burns,  Merle Haggard, Gene Wilder, Kenny Baker, John Glenn, Alan Thicke, Leonard Cohen, Fidel Castro, Zsa Zsa, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds

3 hours ago, Weebl said:

What makes you think that the truly shocking death of a young celebrity will happen? What sort of person are you thinking of?

You've already mentioned Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan, was that what you were getting at?

Yeah, I mentioned those two as the possible shocking young deaths.  As grim as this may sound, I've always predicted Britney Spears will die young.   Either a suicide by cop ala Vanessa Marquez, or something along the lines of Judy Garland and Whitney Houston. 

4 hours ago, BCAlum2000 said:

Yeah, I mentioned those two as the possible shocking young deaths.  As grim as this may sound, I've always predicted Britney Spears will die young.   Either a suicide by cop ala Vanessa Marquez, or something along the lines of Judy Garland and Whitney Houston. 

You thinking of an American, world famous celebrity though?

We've already had in the UK the deaths of Love Island contestants in recent years. Amy Winehouse was another one

22 hours ago, BCAlum2000 said:

I thought Britney had stabilised her life massively?Or am I behind with the showbiz news?

On 28/12/2019 at 22:34, Sean said:

Yeah but what Toast is saying is most of those big names such as Carrie Fisher Victoria Wood Prince David Bowie Alan Rickman Victoria Wood Debbie Reynolds Gene Wilder Terry Wogan Paul Daniels Denise Robertson Ronnie Corbett and George Michael were not names we expected to go when they did.I mean most of these names were not seriously on anyone's radar when they died.

Daniels and Robertson both gave us a few weeks warning of their demise.