Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to be 'like a super strong enema 'in 2020

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The enema is certainly starting to now kick in..

Dang, you know what that means.  Nothing but shit from here on out.

• Haha 1

Something tells me that a comedy genius like Terry Jones who has as we know sadly passed away would have appreciated the very colourful metaphor of the grim reaper sometimes being like a very strong enema! Not something that I think would have offended him!

Anyway the committee now has its first 'hit' but the crowdsourced pool now has its third.

• Like 2

Dunno, still feels more like the first decent bowel movement after eating a nicoise salad rather than a full-blown enema.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Dunno, still feels more like the first decent bowel movement after eating a nicoise salad rather than a full-blown enema.

Patience is a virtue  when it comes to enemas trust me!:lol:

• Haha 1

On 01/01/2020 at 21:19, BCAlum2000 said:

Yeah, I mentioned those two as the possible shocking young deaths.  As grim as this may sound, I've always predicted Britney Spears will die young.   Either a suicide by cop ala Vanessa Marquez, or something along the lines of Judy Garland and Whitney Houston. 

Don't know it you've ever heard this or seen the Reddit thread below. If even half of it is true Britney dying soon/young wouldn't be a surprise, it would kill most people off .

• Sad 1

If coronavirus really gets going worldwide, both the viral deaths themselves and the general overloading of and disruption to healthcare systems at what's already a very busy time of year may well lead to a big clear out in February, nevermind 2020 overall.

• Like 1

If the Coronavirus spread goes into overload, and it kills mostly very old people, then we might as well get a few hits from it.

21 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

If the Coronavirus spread goes into overload, and it kills mostly very old people, then we might as well get a few hits from it.

While the coronavirus is certainly very serious, the death toll appears to be quite low, and most of the ones dying are elderly or very young children.  Of the thousands infected, only 55 confirmed dead so far.  Apparently, the fatality rate is only about 5%, so the vast majority will recover.    

A lot of social media is making references to Captain Trips of The Stand, or the influenza outbreak of 1918, but this one will probably end up being overhyped.  Then again, when dealing with diseases, it's better to overhype and to be safe than sorry.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paddyfool said:

If coronavirus really gets going worldwide, both the viral deaths themselves and the general overloading of and disruption to healthcare systems at what's already a very busy time of year may well lead to a big clear out in February, nevermind 2020 overall.

Of course deathlisters and other notables while elderly are more likely to get better healthcare due to their fame and wealth.

16 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Don't know it you've ever heard this or seen the Reddit thread below. If even half of it is true Britney dying soon/young wouldn't be a surprise, it would kill most people off .

The story of her lost album is further fuel to this fire.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album

5 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

While the coronavirus is certainly very serious, the death toll appears to be quite low, and most of the ones dying are elderly or very young children.  Of the thousands infected, only 55 confirmed dead so far.  Apparently, the fatality rate is only about 5%, so the vast majority will recover.    

A lot of social media is making references to Captain Trips of The Stand, or the influenza outbreak of 1918, but this one will probably end up being overhyped.  Then again, when dealing with diseases, it's better to overhype and to be safe than sorry.  

To be honest we're long overdue a worldwide plague to control population levels, but coronavirus isn't it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Deathray said:

The story of her lost album is further fuel to this fire.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album

To be honest we're long overdue a worldwide plague to control population levels, but coronavirus isn't it. 

It is. It will probably kill 2 -20 million next month.

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Of course deathlisters and other notables while elderly are more likely to get better healthcare due to their fame and wealth.

The majority of them yes for definite but there are a few who are not particularly well off financially and definitely not wealthy. Eg Nobby Stiles. There are some 'fates' or situations from which wealth will not really protect and I suspect this new potential pandemic is one of them.

Remember when SARS was going to wipe us out?

This is basically SARS.

Actually I say that, but it is ACTUALLY basically SARS with a new name.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Remember when SARS was going to wipe us out?

This is basically SARS.

Actually I say that, but it is ACTUALLY basically SARS with a new name.

One difference it spreads easier.

36 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The majority of them yes for definite but there are a few who are not particularly well off financially and defended not wealthy. Eg Nobby Stiles. There are some 'fates' or situations from which wealth will not really protect and I suspect this new potential pandemic is one of them.

Lots of the wealthy will go into virtual lockdown.

Stiles is probally so ill he wouldnt even get it.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

One difference it spreads easier.

Ebola spreads really easy. What was it again - 40 million dead by Jan 2015 or something like that?

OK Back then I tried to calm folk down by pointing out there's cases of Black Death in the USA every year now.

Didn't calm them down. In the slightest.

1 minute ago, msc said:

Ebola spreads really easy. What was it again - 40 million dead by Jan 2015 or something like that?

OK Back then I tried to calm folk down by pointing out there's cases of Black Death in the USA every year now.

Both only spread post symptoms - this spreads pre symptoms.

23 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Lots of the wealthy will go into virtual lockdown.

Stiles is probally so ill he wouldnt even get it.

Well yes but a lot of the people on the list no doubt have  contact with carers and health workers whether at home or in a care home or hospital setting. Kirk Douglas has been seen with carers wheeling him around, Leslie Phillips, Bob Dole, Genesis P orridge ,Vera Lynn,Prunella Scales,Joanne Woodward, Tom Smith,  Stirling Moss and Willie Nelson are all almost certainly either having regular contact with care workers or health/ hospital workers.

In terms of the deathlist and this virus I just dont see that many of them being able to go into total lockdown and thus being protected from it.

Now look @Gooseberry Crumble has gone and killed Kobe Bryant!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I've got a tiny feeling that this year is going to be very disappointing in terms of celebrity deaths. Hope I'm wrong, though. ^_^ 

We had the Ukrainian airplane crash, the Australian bushfires, Megxit & the coronavirus. And now millions of grieving basketball fans. Perhaps 2020 will be more interesting than I thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

You could be right but one day a virus will come along and kill millions. There's also the rumours and conspiracy that this is a man-made bio weapon ,that the Chinese wanted to unleash it on the Hong Kong protesters as a way to stop protests and move in and take over Hong kong. Naturally if it's designed to kill lots of people it will.

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3047646/no-link-seafood-market-first-case-china-coronavirus-chinese

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/24/virus-hit-wuhan-has-two-laboratories-linked-chines/

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/24/us-warned-virus-escape-lab-near-coronavirus-epicentre-12114591/

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5211567?__twitter_impression=true

Well, mind Ebola.

Incurable disease of death...right up to the moment white Westerners get it, in which suddenly it can't be cured fast enough.

Will be the same with any such pandemics. The second it threatens posh Americans, oh look magic cure found.

4 hours ago, BCAlum2000 said:

"most of the ones dying are elderly or very young children"

I'm sorry but have you looked at the ages of people on the death list :lol: