Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to be 'like a super strong enema 'in 2020

6 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I thought so. Good job not actually naming them, wouldn’t want them to Lodge a complaint would we?

Come on, let's put a nail in the Coffin of this discussion!

• Haha 3

On 12/07/2020 at 14:28, Toast said:

Does that mean some big shits are on their way out?

You now have your answer  with Dame Olivia de Havilland. 

Is this the first year every month as far as July has had at least one deathlist hit?

The enema is not fu****g around folks!

Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland , Stirling  Moss and  Vera Lynn  all in the same year!

Respect the power of the enema!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:
On 12/07/2020 at 14:28, Toast said:

Does that mean some big shits are on their way out?

I wouldn't describe Olivia as a shit.  I could name many worse.

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Is this the first year every month as far as July has had at least one deathlist hit?

The enema is not fu****g around folks!

Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland , Stirling  Moss and  Vera Lynn  all in the same year!

Respect the power of the enema!

I do think this year is like 2016, if not bigger for celebrity deaths, on and off this year's list. If it wasn't for Covid overshadowing everything I reckon more would be talking about 2020 in this way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

I wouldn't describe Olivia as a shit.  I could name many worse.

Oh of course I am not using shits as a moral term or description of moral  status !

I thought she was fabulous. I love films from that Hollywood era.

1 minute ago, Brad252 said:

I do think this year is like 2016, if not bigger for celebrity deaths, on and off this year's list. If it wasn't for Covid overshadowing everything I reckon more would be talking about 2020 in this way.

I agree.At the peak of the first wave  the deaths of people like Honor Blackman and Stirling Moss only got a fraction of the media coverage they would have got in normal times.

I do believe 2020 is going to be 'bigger' in terms of celebrity deaths in general and the deathlist than 2016.

• Like 1

On 28/12/2019 at 20:47, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I've got a very strong feeling and sense that 2020 is going to be a watershed, landmark end of an era kind of year as we embark upon a new decade. 

I think a lot of big or significant names will finally pass away next year. More so than in 2016 a year many highlight as being a big year for celebrity/famous deaths.

Prince Philip, Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas  amongst the names I expect to fall next year as well as current and former world leaders like Mikhail Gorbachev, Jimmy Carter, Sultan of Oman etc

More of the winning England 1966 football team as well sadly  are likely.

Anybody else got the feeling that 2020 in terms of not just the official deathlist but wider deadpooling or famous deaths is going to be an unusually big momentous year?

PS Hope the crude metaphor does not offend!

This prediction keeps getting righter and righter...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

This prediction keeps getting righter and righter...

Yes indeed  it does. Gives me a slightly benign spooky strange feeling  reading it again. 

As @msc said I think Nobby Stiles needs to watch out.

16 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I agree.At the peak of the first wave  the deaths of people like Honor Blackman and Stirling Moss only got a fraction of the media coverage they would have got in normal times.

I do believe 2020 is going to be 'bigger' in terms of celebrity deaths in general and the deathlist than 2016.

Might because it's a line of the very old and the pubically ill it will feel much less shocking than 2016.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Might because it's a line of the very old and the pubically ill it will feel much less shocking than 2016.

:lol:

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

I remember one of my classes had a history book that typoed "public school" as "pubic school". Fitting tbh.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Yes indeed  it does. Gives me a slightly benign spooky strange feeling  reading it again. 

As @msc said I think Nobby Stiles needs to watch out.

Well on current form everyone else related to 1966 seemingly has to watch out first!

I don't predict enemas or what not, but I do feel the big headline death this year will be remembered for (ie Bowie in 2016, Bush Sr in 2018) hasn't happened yet.

56 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I remember one of my classes had a history book that typoed "public school" as "pubic school". Fitting tbh.

The Biology textbook that claimed an octopus has "eight testicles" was the gold standard here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, msc said:

I don't predict enemas or what not, but I do feel the big headline death this year will be remembered for (ie Bowie in 2016, Bush Sr in 2018) hasn't happened yet.

Agree. A big name death is coming soon.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, msc said:

I sense it too...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, msc said:

Prince Phillip surely has to go this year. This means Bowie 2016, Bush Sr 2018 and Mountbatten 2020 - each 2 years apart. Also the last royal death was in 2002, 2002 uses the same numbers as 2020 (I think someone pointed this out on Phil's thread)...

• Like 1

Deffo agree with those saying the big headliner hasn't gone yet. 

Prince Phil or Jimmy Carter are probably top of the tree on that score. 

Although there's a host of high profile musicians who aren't getting any younger as well. 

I think so far this year - at least UK wise - it's quiet hard to pin down the headline death out of those who've already. Jack Charlton, Vera Lynn, Olivia de Haviland all feel like they would have headlined any other year in the past. Honestly not sure who I'd give it to out of that lot, probably Vera Lynn? 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Persephone said:

I sense it too...

I'm honestly getting that 'huge headliner in most countries around the world' death vibe lately - like the Queen, Jimmy Carter, Prince Philip etc etc.... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Prince Phillip surely has to go this year. This means Bowie 2016, Bush Sr 2018 and Mountbatten 2020 - each 2 years apart. Also the last royal death was in 2002, 2002 uses the same numbers as 2020 (I think someone pointed this out on Phil's thread)...

The husband of the Queens favourite cousin  Princess Alexandra,  Sir Angus Ogilvy died in 2004 . He was the husband of a royal and was certainly regarded as family by the Queen. But whether that is technically a royal death  I don't know .

But the Queens much loved Aunt HRH Alice the dowager duchess of Gloucester died in 2004 also aged near 103.

So whilst not a big royal death like more senior or prominent members like the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret Alices passing was definitely a royal deathdeath-Row the last one was 2004 not 2002.

I think the royal death most likely to happen this year is Prince Philip  but it is worth keeping an eye on  some of the Queens cousins and their spouses. 83 year old Princess Alexandra  who had a fall last year and the  stroke survivor the Duke of Kent  and his wife the Duchess of Kent who is 87 ,frail looking and has a history of health issues.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, msc said:

Well on current form everyone else related to 1966 seemingly has to watch out first!

The Biology textbook that claimed an octopus has "eight testicles" was the gold standard here.

I'm trying to think in terms of being a big and kind of unexpected death what could be the big headline death. Obviously Jimmy Carter or Prince Philip would be headliners bit I'm using 2016 as my template eg George Michael, David Bowie, in terms of big unexpected or shock deaths. 

Who would be iconic and significant enough in your eyes?

Liza Minnelli?Madonna?  Kylie Minogue?Sharon Osbourne? Mick Jagger? Simon Cowell? Johnny Depp? 

I would have thought in terms of the UK that Caroline Flack could arguably be said to be the big headline death this year?

• Like 1

So someone bigger than Kirk Douglas. This would be my top three in order of world magnitude and shock value.

Donald Trump (top because he is POTUS)

Prince Andrew (because it would be linked to THE case and he is young too)

The Queen (because most of us have not known the death of a monarch)

Then there are a host of other major players whose death would cause ripples round the world or major headlines in UK - these 3 spring to mind.

Sir David Attenborough 

Prince Philip

Sir Alex Ferguson

And then if you just start picking younger people you could go on for hours but how about these three

Madonna

Usain Bolt

Boris Johnson

19 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Madonna

Usain Bolt

Boris Johnson

Interesting ones.

I’ve always imagined that Madonna would die relatively young, yeah. She’s 62 soon, that sounds about right.

I honestly thought Bolt would be assassinated when he was still winning Olympic Golds.

As for Johnson, yes please.

8 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Deffo agree with those saying the big headliner hasn't gone yet. 

Prince Phil or Jimmy Carter are probably top of the tree on that score. 

Although there's a host of high profile musicians who aren't getting any younger as well. 

I think so far this year - at least UK wise - it's quiet hard to pin down the headline death out of those who've already. Jack Charlton, Vera Lynn, Olivia de Haviland all feel like they would have headlined any other year in the past. Honestly not sure who I'd give it to out of that lot, probably Vera Lynn? 

Vera Lynn the biggest UK death this year so far.She dominated the headlines the day she died

• Like 1

IMO, the biggest death so far, was Kobe Bryant. But because it happened before Corona, it feels weirdly long ago. That death dominated for 2-3 days.

Ghislaine Maxwell also has big death potential. If it happens, there will be conspiracy theories for years (again).

In terms of biggest names... I don't know. Yes, we might not have had the A+ names, but we certainly had A-names, and quite a few at that, especially on the death list, but also Ennio Morricone and John Lewis and Kobe.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I would have thought in terms of the UK that Caroline Flack could arguably be said to be the big headline death this year?

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who had never heard of her.  There are many people who don't watch trash TV.