Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to be 'like a super strong enema 'in 2020

11 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

What makes you say this?

:whoosh:

I can't believe I'm having to say this but I am now starting to doubt whether we will have any more hits this year.If we do it will probably be just one or 2 so if we're lucky w e might end the year on 14 hits. The grim reaper was fooling us with all these early hits ! A total of 14 would be pretty poor for the year  of corona virus ! 

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I can't believe I'm having to say this but I am now starting to doubt whether we will have any more hits this year.If we do it will probably be just one or 2 so if we're lucky w e might end the year on 14 hits. The grim reaper was fooling us with all these early hits ! A total of 14 would be pretty poor for the year  of corona virus ! 

Iain, if you don't have anything sensible to say, just fuck the fuck off before I put you on mod preview. (In which case no one will see the shit you post). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Iain, if you don't have anything sensible to say, just fuck the fuck off before I put you on mod preview. (In which case no one will see the shit you post). 

Prick teaser.

• Haha 3

I was convinced  or rather somehow persuaded myself that Ruth Bader Ginsburg would make it through this year  but alas it was not to be. 

What a dramatic and eventful year.

Only a day or two ago a poster was expressing 'concern ' if that is the right word that there would no second September death  and  2020 would fall behind the record year of 2017.

Well the enema phenomenon has put paid to that. 

I'm going to cautiously predict that there will be a third deathlist ' hit in September. 

But If I am wrong  prepare for some October surprises and not just of the US election variety.....

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I was convinced  or rather somehow persuaded myself that Ruth Bader Ginsburg would make it through this year  but alas it was not to be. 

What a dramatic and eventful year.

Only a day or two ago a poster was expressing 'concern ' if that is the right word that there would no second September death  and  2020 would fall behind the record year of 2017.

Well the enema phenomenon has put paid to that. 

I'm going to cautiously predict that there will be a third deathlist ' hit in September. 

But If I am wrong  prepare for some October surprises and not just of the US election variety.....

Ruth might well be death of the year in terms of it’s effect on world affairs  - Only Trump or Biden expiring would top it

• Like 1

On 12/09/2020 at 23:39, CoffinLodger said:

I can't believe I'm having to say this but I am now starting to doubt whether we will have any more hits this year.

I will admit some of my posts do not age well...:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Prepare for  an October surprise ......or two.

The enema is starting its magic and beginning to work a few things loose.....

Missing: Photos of Jimmy Carter's birthday party. :sherlock:

Edit: Death Impends posted the photos on the JC thread. 

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Missing: Photos of Jimmy Carter's birthday party. :sherlock:

Interesting  ..Good detective work. 

Not that she is on this years deathlist  but I personally  thought it possibly  significant  that Raquel Welch didn't  seem to put anything up for her 80th birthday last month. At least last time I looked.  There could  be a number of explanations  for that including  vanity  but It struck me as noteworthy. 

Her younger sister died earlier this year .So whilst  Raquels  mother  lived until her nineties  its not  necessarily a case of like mother like daughter. 

• Like 1

On 16/05/2020 at 08:46, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well I did say fairly imminent. A degree of patience is required. I can definitely sense something starting to move and shift on manoeuvre towards the exit!

Either a name on this years list or a big  name that has previously been on the list like Pope Benedict, Joni Mitchell, Tina Turner, Barbara  Walters, James Randi etc or one of the small number of  significant names mentioned on here regularly like Glynis Johns or Clarissa  Eden who has never ascended to the list.

Enemas require a patient outlook.

Seems like the enema has struck again, eh?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Hes died? :o The enema hasn't updated me yet! But clearly  I was right about its strength!

On 04/08/2020 at 13:44, msc said:

To put numbers on Gooseberry's theory, every year since 2007 I've put together a small years end memorial.

Here are the number of folk shortlisted (as in notable enough for a mention) by August 3rd on each year since 2014 (earlier stats lost to time...)

3rd August 2014 -  231 names

3rd August 2015 - 267 names

3rd August 2016 - 329 names

3rd August 2017 - 408 names

3rd August 2018 - 433 names

3rd August 2019 - 435 names

3rd August 2020 - 510 names (John Hume being the 510th)

Even by the normal rising standards (because more boomers are getting older), 2020 is running ahead of schedule.

Just to come back to this for you, @Gooseberry Crumble, how those numbers look today.

29th October 2014 - 321 names (of 394 total)

29th October 2015 - 358 names (of 425 total)

29th October 2016 - 428 names (of 527 total)

29th October 2017 - 577 names (of 716 total)

29th October 2018 - 578 names (of 682 total)

29th October 2019 - 567 names (of 665 total)

29th October 2020 - 683 names (Tracy Smothers being 683rd)

Although I've still not forgiven this enema for the whole Diana Rigg thing...:(;)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, msc said:

Just to come back to this for you, @Gooseberry Crumble, how those numbers look today.

29th October 2014 - 321 names (of 394 total)

29th October 2015 - 358 names (of 425 total)

29th October 2016 - 428 names (of 527 total)

29th October 2017 - 577 names (of 716 total)

29th October 2018 - 578 names (of 682 total)

29th October 2019 - 567 names (of 665 total)

29th October 2020 - 683 names (Tracy Smothers being 683rd)

Although I've still not forgiven this enema for the whole Diana Rigg thing...:(;)

Great research thank you!  That will hopefully soon be 684 when Alan Stephenson Boyd  gets a qualifying obituary as a unique 'hit' for me.

Those numbers are staggering and although there are only two months to go I think we  can expect, when we take into account the time of year and covid and its direct and indirect effects, that figure to top 800 by the end of the year. That is my prediction anyway. 

Just  realised earlier that Covid has  broken up or taken away one half of two legendary British comedy double acts. Eddie Large of Little and Large and Bobby Ball of Cannon and Ball.:(

Very sad.

I think the DL Committee deserve a lot of praise this year with some very good and wise picks. Even if there are no more hits in the remaining 9 weeks of 2020 all hail the DL Committee 

14 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Great research thank you!  That will hopefully soon be 684 when Alan Stephenson Boyd  gets a qualifying obituary as a unique 'hit' for me.

Those numbers are staggering and although there are only two months to go I think we  can expect, when we take into account the time of year and covid and its direct and indirect effects, that figure to top 800 by the end of the year. That is my prediction anyway. 

Just  realised earlier that Covid has  broken up or taken away one half of two legendary British comedy double acts. Eddie Large of Little and Large and Bobby Ball of Cannon and Ball.:(

Very sad.

Including the break up of the Chuckle Brothers...

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Of course  yes I had forgotten  about  that too.

3 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Except Barry Chuckle died over a year before the first Covid case.

Paul survived mild symptoms early this year.

The enema got Bond. The enema isn’t fucking about.

• Haha 1

Yer a Pope, a major world leader, and an A+++ list music or film star under the age of 70 away from calling Bingo here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1