portsmouthreaper

Predict The Biggest Death Of Each Year of the next decade

On 28/12/2019 at 23:06, YoungWillz said:

Nobody has Bob Dylan dying in the next 10 years? Or Phil Spector? Or Jack Nicklaus? Or Bill Clinton? Or Tom Baker?

If John Lennon was the biggest musical death of the 80s, Kurt Cobain the biggest in the 90s, Michael Jackson in the 00s and David Bowie in the 10s, then surely Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney are the strongest candidates to become the biggest musical deaths of the 20s?

There's a chance McCartney could see 2030 but Dylan on the other hand has at most 5 years left imho

Then on the other hand there's also Jagger and Richards as well, I think we're all stunned Richards is still alive now never mind 2030

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Weebl said:

then surely Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney are the strongest candidates to become the biggest musical deaths of the 20s?

You mean the 1920s?

• Haha 1

On 02/01/2020 at 17:16, Weebl said:

If John Lennon was the biggest musical death of the 80s, Kurt Cobain the biggest in the 90s, Michael Jackson in the 00s and David Bowie in the 10s, then surely Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney are the strongest candidates to become the biggest musical deaths of the 20s?

There's a chance McCartney could see 2030 but Dylan on the other hand has at most 5 years left imho

Then on the other hand there's also Jagger and Richards as well, I think we're all stunned Richards is still alive now never mind 2030

Age is a factor. Once McCartney reaches his 80's his death becomes less and less of a shock. Frank Sinarta was a bigger star than Cobain but dying of old age meant his death wasn't such an event.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Frank Sinarta was a bigger star than Cobain but dying of old age meant his death wasn;t such an event.

Frank Sinatra was dying for years.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Age is a factor. Once McCartney reaches his 80's his death becomes less and less of a shock. Frank Sinarta was a bigger star than Cobain but dying of old age meant his death wasn;t such an event.

Agree, I even said that myself once

Frank Sinatra was the most important musician who died in the 90s, but not the most important musical death of the 90s as his death wasn't the most relevant at the time

But then again the same could be argued about Bowie in the 10s

The most important death of the 70s could be Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix, but it could also be Elvis even though he was past his prime

And also McCartney is still one of the most important musicians of all time, and he's headlining Glastonbury this year I think

2020: Prince Philip (+1)

2021: Jimmy Carter

2022: Betty White (-1)

2023: Queen Elizabeth II (-1)

2024: Ozzy Osbourne

2025: John Williams

2026: Buzz Aldrin

2027: Clint Eastwood

2028: Jack Nicholson

2029: Bill Clinton

I think one year biggest UK death could be a real shocker like a Ben Stokes suicide.

McCartney has years left in him - I don't see him going this decade and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 90. 2022 is ridiculous.

(Hi this is my first post after lurking on here for about a decade and going down in my friends estimations when I tell them about my fondness for this site)

• Like 1

2022: Desmond Tutu / Lewis Hamilton

2023: Pele

2024: Sir Richard Starkey

2025: QE2

2026: John Lydon 

2027: Magic Johnson

2028: Sir Paul McCartney

2029: Bill Clinton

2030: Oprah Winfrey

2020: Kirk Douglas

2022: Betty White

2023: Prince Phillip (actually 2021), Henry Kissinger (first replacement)

2024: Paul McCartney

2025: Clint Eastwood

2026: Bill Cosby

2027: Mahathir Mohamad

2028: Britney Spears

2029: Buzz Aldrin

2030 (bonus): Queen Elizabeth II

Legend(s):

Bold: Died in my predicted year

Italic: Died in the wrong year (either earlier or later)

8 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

McCartney has years left in him - I don't see him going this decade and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 90. 2022 is ridiculous.

(Hi this is my first post after lurking on here for about a decade and going down in my friends estimations when I tell them about my fondness for this site)

Welcome.

That user name will cheer up a few of us on this site.

• Like 1

Please could the rest of you refrain from putting 'Prince Philip' as a most important death.  It won't be the most important death for that WEEK.  Talk about having blinders on.  Jesus.  No one outside of the UK could pick him out of a lineup.  yeah, real fucking important chap, him.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Please could the rest of you refrain from putting 'Prince Philip' as a most important death.  It won't be the most important death for that WEEK.  Talk about having blinders on.  Jesus.  No one outside of the UK could pick him out of a lineup.  yeah, real fucking important chap, him.

Pretty sure plenty could.

• Like 1

Qasem Soleimani could be a very significant 2020 death if it leads to a major war.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

223995313_Screenshot2020-01-03at14_26_55.thumb.png.3310afee8555e03ca33eba0ba835af3e.png

• Haha 2

Don’t know the year but the biggest death of the decade will be Queen Elizabeth II.

Starting to look her age now. I’d guess between 2024-28. It would be counterproductive to live any longer.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Don’t know the year but the biggest death of the decade will be Queen Elizabeth II.

Starting to look her age now. I’d guess between 2024-28. It would be counterproductive to live any longer

Because the Royal Family in general serves some productive purpose? I mean, besides for themselves?

6 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Because the Royal Family in general serves some productive purpose? I mean, besides for themselves?

That is what I was suggesting. From a management point of view she has probably lived too long already. 

• Like 2

20. Eminem 

21. Prince Philip

22. Jim Carrey 

23. Julia Roberts

24. Donald Trump

25. Dr Dre 

26. Stormzy 

27. QE2 

28. Mick Jagger 

29. Quentin Tarantino 

8 hours ago, Windsor said:

Starting to look her age now. I’d guess between 2024-28. It would be counterproductive to live any longer.

Nah she still has a few monarch records to beat.

On 02/01/2020 at 16:45, ThePrematureBurial said:

2020: Mikhail Gorbachev, Jimmy Carter, Julian Assange, Prince Philip. (Tie)

2021: Queen Elizabeth II

2022: Prince Andrew (car accident)

2023: Pope Benedict

2024: King Charles III (incident in prison)

2025: President Biden

2026: Not-yet-famous hot young star (drug related)

2027: U.S. president Colin Kaepernick

2028: Olivia de Havilland

2029: British prime minister Sir Keir Starmer.

You know something we don't ? :lol:

21 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

You know something we don't ? :lol:

I think that prince Andrew is safe, as long as his parents are alive. ;)

• Like 1

2020 Michael Schumacher

2021 prince Philip

2022 Jimmy carter

2023 Kevin Spacey 

2024 Ronnie wood

2025  demi Lovato

2026 Pele

2027 Arnold Schwarzenegger

2028 Queen Elizabeth 2 

2029 bill Clinton

12 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I think that prince Andrew is safe, as long as his parents are alive. ;)

Think alot of those connected to that alleged VIP nonce ring will end up having accidents ,heart attacks or suicides. Chris tucker , Kevin Spacey , bill Clinton , prince Andrew , Ghislaine Maxwell etc. Wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years time the names I just listed are all dead. Maybe slick Willy might escape but I think illness will get him. The only issue with Andrew is I think his mum will live to over 100. So if she does offer him protection he might creep into the 2030s.

• Like 1

See, Andrew might be in danger due to the running trend of either Monarch or Consort outliving at least one child:

Queen Mum outlived Princess Margaret.

Mary of Teck outlived George VI, Prince John and Prince George.

Edward VII (and his wife) outlived Prince Albert.

Queen Victoria outlived Princess Alice, Prince Alfred and Prince Leopold.

William IV outlived his own legitimate child.

George IV outlived Princess Charlotte.

George III outlived Prince Edward, Prince Octavius, Prince Alfred and Princess Amelia.

George II outlived Princess Anne, Princess Caroline, Prince George, Princess Louise, Prince Frederick (the heir)

George I... only outlived one of his mistresses kids.

But there, 300 years of tradition to keep up. Prince Andrew should be worried.

Now watch him live to 100 and the rather unassuming Princess Anne snuff it in the next week...:o:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1