Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

American actress Estelle Harris turns 92 this year. Despite being the voice of Mrs. Potato Head in Toy Story, in the most recent film the character hardly had any lines, and the things she did say sounded familiar, so perhaps archived material from the previous films was used?

Besides TS4, her last acting credit was in 2015. Maybe one to keep on the radar.

• Like 3

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Paul Hogan's current health status.

Apparently his friends and family are trying to get him to stop smoking.

To be honest I was more surprised to find out that he turned 80 last year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 04/02/2020 at 15:39, Perhaps said:

American actress Estelle Harris turns 92 this year. Despite being the voice of Mrs. Potato Head in Toy Story, in the most recent film the character hardly had any lines, and the things she did say sounded familiar, so perhaps archived material from the previous films was used?

Besides TS4, her last acting credit was in 2015. Maybe one to keep on the radar.

This is really smart thinking.  Putting her on my 2021 watch list right now.  Not Mrs. Costanza!  

On 02/02/2020 at 15:16, Captain Hemlock said:

Watching the Super Bowl pregame festivities, Don Shula needs to be considered for 2021.

Oh, there's no question.  He's on my list for 2020.  

On 21/01/2020 at 15:48, alt obits guy said:

Watching the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame announcement special and couldn't help notice sportswriter Peter Gammons was sounding quite hoarse.  He's only 74.  It could just be a head cold or maybe something more?

He suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm in 2006, and I believe it slowed him down pretty significantly.  From what I gather, 66% of victims of a ruptured brain aneurysm experience permanent neurological damage, and I believe Gammons is in this category.  I follow him on Twitter, being a sports fan, and he'll very often compose tweets with grammatical errors and the like.  Since it's been 14 years, I agree that he could be one to watch, particularly if he starts covering baseball less, being less active on Twitter, etc.  As far as I can tell, he's still actively reporting on information he gets.  (For example, he was tweeting about the Mookie Betts trade in the past 48 hours.)

• Like 1

On 04/02/2020 at 23:39, Perhaps said:

Yes, I’ve been thinking about her too. I was so disappointed that she had so little in Toy Story 4 - I didn’t notice any proper lines from her character. Don Rickles had more lines, and he’s dead! 

Looking through that Reddit post someone linked either here or another topic and going through past entries, I have the following suggestions. I then found some other random people:

• Clint Eastwood - 90 at end of the year
  • Pierre Cardin - 98 at end of the year
  • Barbara Walters - 91 at end of the year
  • Bob Newhart - 91 at end of the year
  • Norman Lear - 98 end of the year
  • Beverly Cleary - 104 end of the year
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anne Buydens (Mrs Kirk) Douglas is surely more Deathlist Cup than 2021 fodder, but if she makes it that far she'll be 101

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Looking through that Reddit post someone linked either here or another topic and going through past entries, I have the following suggestions. I then found some other random people:

• Clint Eastwood - 90 at end of the year
  • Pierre Cardin - 98 at end of the year
  • Barbara Walters - 91 at end of the year
  • Bob Newhart - 91 at end of the year
  • Norman Lear - 98 end of the year
  • Beverly Cleary - 104 end of the year

Must agree, especially with the first one. Now that Kirk Douglas died, I think Clint Eastwood would make a good successor as the eternal list member.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roaming_comrade said:

think Clint Eastwood would make a good successor as the eternal list member.

Do you feel lucky punk?

• Haha 5

In fact the fifth (and worst) Dirty Harry movie was called The Dead Pool. Plus, that movie about the superhero called Deadpool, as they had a deadpool in a pub he often went to. 

Well, I know screenwriters are completely inadequate as there were no Dilip Kumar or Nobby Stiles in that stupid deadpool.

1 hour ago, roaming_comrade said:

Must agree, especially with the first one. Now that Kirk Douglas died, I think Clint Eastwood would make a good successor as the eternal list member.

Clint Eastwood is a health nut. He eats very consciously. It's in his wikipedia page which, of course, I examined for deadpooling purposes.

So, yes, he could still last a while.

• Like 1

Shannon Doherty of 90210 fame. Just announced she has stage 4 cancer, but no specifics. She had breast cancer some years ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, gcreptile said:

Clint Eastwood is a health nut. He eats very consciously. It's in his wikipedia page which, of course, I examined for deadpooling purposes.

So, yes, he could still last a while.

He, Hackman and Duvall all have the feeling of folk who could last a good 6+ years on the DL themselves.

The trending tag on Twitter about The Sun's latest scandal has reminded me that Rupert Murdoch is still alive and he's 88 at the moment.

On 06/02/2020 at 13:32, roaming_comrade said:

Idk, There has to be other well known Hollywood types in their 90s that look far more frail and close to the grave than he does. He looks fine for his age, just got done directing Richard Jewell and iirc is looking at other projects. 

I'd give it a couple of years before throwing him on if I was them.

• Like 1

American college basketball fans, and basketball fans in general, may very well know who Bob Knight is, one of the winningest college coaches ever.  He returned to Assembly Hall today for the first time since getting unceremoniously (and deservedly) fired by Indiana in 2000, and he looks very frail.  Could be one to watch.  

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28660306/emotional-bob-knight-ends-20-year-split-indiana

So I run a LGBTQ+ positive blog on Tumblr and decided to go through some old folks who hadn't died yet that had been posted about and look who I found who could be added:

There is also Dominique Fernandez (90) and Pierre Brésolles (90) but I don't think they would be mentioned in English press. They are French however if anyone wants to add them to the French speaking deadpool.

• Like 8

Australian news presenter Brian Henderson doesn't want to treat the 5th appearance of cancer:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7982211/Brian-Henderson-refuses-treatment-diagnosed-cancer-88.html

He says it's a slow-growing kidney tumour and quite possibly "something else" is going to get him before...

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Australian news presenter Brian Henderson doesn't want to treat the 5th appearance of cancer:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7982211/Brian-Henderson-refuses-treatment-diagnosed-cancer-88.html

He says it's a slow-growing kidney tumour and quite possibly "something else" is going to get him before...

Clearly he is a badass just for surving cancer 4 times already.

What about Don King