Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

He’s dead already

Well I posted it before he died so, check the date I posted it

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

Well I posted it before he died so, check the date I posted it

Oh yeah my mistake, i was on the first page i thought it was the newest post... sorry !

• Like 1

I see that I’m a little late in spotting this as the search engine suggests a few people already have him in various deadpools but Nick Hitchon from the “Up” film series noted as having terminal throat cancer and in December it was said he was unlikely to see 2020. 

Still alive of course, but having just watched the Up series, got me wondering about the other participants. Lynn died in 2013. Excluding Nick that leaves 12 others. They’ll all be 70 when the next program airs. Anyone have a hunch on who will be around for another couple of decades and who will be shuffling off sooner rather than later?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I see that I’m a little late in spotting this as the search engine suggests a few people already have him in various deadpools but Nick Hitchon from the “Up” film series noted as having terminal throat cancer and in December it was said he was unlikely to see 2020. 

Still alive of course, but having just watched the Up series, got me wondering about the other participants. Lynn died in 2013. Excluding Nick that leaves 12 others. They’ll all be 70 when the next program airs. Anyone have a hunch on who will be around for another couple of decades and who will be shuffling off sooner rather than later?

Tony the cab driver looks the type of person to go in his 70's

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Charles Furneaux strikes me as someone who will get a Times obit in his 80s...in about 20+ years time.

Neil Hughes's life, on the other hand, feels like it will catch up with him before too long.

Although Michael Apted himself might struggle to make the next one. He's 79 now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, msc said:

Charles Furneaux strikes me as someone who will get a Times obit in his 80s...in about 20+ years time.

Neil Hughes's life, on the other hand, feels like it will catch up with him before too long.

Although Michael Apted himself might struggle to make the next one. He's 79 now.

Apted always jokes about his age, suggesting he could drop dead from a heart attack at any time but has also said he plans to continue with the project even into his 90s if he can. Considering he now lives in the States yet travels across the pond to do shows like this, I think I'd discount him for the next decade.

What about Una Stubbs - doesn't seem to have worked or given an interview since 2017 and is 83 on Friday.

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

What about Una Stubbs - doesn't seem to have worked or given an interview since 2017 and is 83 on Friday.

She looked fairly robust when making Sherlock

I would be surprised to be honest

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

She looked fairly robust when making Sherlock

I would be surprised to be honest

True but then many healthy looking 80 odd year old's do then go into a health decline.

Former Newcastle and Man United striker Andy Cole, on his second kidney, struggling was in Hospital over Christmas with Pneumonia after attending game at Old Trafford thought he had Cancer but was clear but not a well man. 

People who were in Last of the Summer Wine or Keeping Up Appearances because I was getting nostalgic about TV shows:

• Robert Fyfe - 94
  • Patricia Routledge - 91
  • Peter Cellier - 91
  • Roy Clarke - 90 (created LOTSW)
  • Josephine Tewson - 89
  • Brian Murphy - 87
  • Barbara Young - 84
  • Harold Snoad - 84 (director of KUA)
  • Judy Cornwell - 80

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

People who were in Last of the Summer Wine or Keeping Up Appearances because I was getting nostalgic about TV shows:

• Robert Fyfe - 94
  • Peter Cellier - 91
  • Josephine Tewson - 89
  • Brian Murphy - 87
  • Barbara Young - 84
  • Judy Cornwell - 80

Fyfe’s age seems to be contentious.

Someone claiming to be his son keeps editing his Wiki page to say he was born almost a decade after, making him mid 80s.

7 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

• Robert Fyfe - 94
  • Peter Cellier - 91
  • Josephine Tewson - 89
  • Brian Murphy - 87
  • Barbara Young - 84
  • Judy Cornwell - 80

I did not realise that Josephine Tewson was so old.

Useful list

10 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Fyfe’s age seems to be contentious.

Someone claiming to be his son keeps editing his Wiki page to say he was born almost a decade after, making him mid 80s.

I think they are claiming the 1937 date here but I have a reasonable doubt (I am open to being disproved) as that birth was in Tillicoultry which is a town 4 miles north of Alloa. Fyfe himself in the past has specifically said he was born in Alloa and you'd expect a proud Scot to know the difference. :lol:

Given at least two of his roles are casting jokes based on Fyfe being too old to play the part (the significant age gap between Marina and Howard, him playing a 70 year old in Corrie) I'd be surprised if one of those 1920s dates wasn't him after all.

No doubt we'll find out in the Times/Telegraph obit one day.

fyfe.png

• Like 1

Actually I stand corrected. You can run all of those names through the death certificates and all of them are dead except the one born in 1937. Of course, Scotlands People doesn't have every certificates (some uncles of mine have fallen down the back of their sofa) but...well, there's something of note.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

Actually I stand corrected. You can run all of those names through the death certificates and all of them are dead except the one born in 1937. Of course, Scotlands People doesn't have every certificates (some uncles of mine have fallen down the back of their sofa) but...well, there's something of note.

Hmm... I've used Scotland's People for years and I always regarded it as pretty complete?

Could it be that his name was spelt slightly differently on the birth certificate (often the case before the 50s), or perhaps Robert is a middle name he adopted for his stage career?

Could be a variety of things. But yes, suppose we'll find out in his QO.

On 30/04/2020 at 13:10, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmm... I've used Scotland's People for years and I always regarded it as pretty complete?

Could it be that his name was spelt slightly differently on the birth certificate (often the case before the 50s), or perhaps Robert is a middle name he adopted for his stage career?

Could be a variety of things. But yes, suppose we'll find out in his QO.

It usually is which makes his's MIA status weird as I have year of death, place of death and his other names and nowt comes up. I'm wondering if its something to do with being a sudden death in hospital in the 80s.

Also, some other records are completely gone. My great-grandfather's christening stuff, school records, pretty much everything between birth and his marriage, got lost. Why? Because they were in the Gorbals and when the council had that street demolished in the late 70s... they forgot to remove the paperwork from the building first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about former World of Sport host Dickie Davis, 87 today? I honestly thought he had died several years ago. 

• Like 1

Jeffrey Epstein accuser Maria Farmer has cancer

On 29/04/2020 at 16:54, The Old Crem said:

And seeing as it is now Friday, Happy Birthday Una :party:
Surprised to see that she has never received an honour of any kind... :scratchhead:

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 23:16, Captain Hemlock said:

Watching the Super Bowl pregame festivities, Don Shula needs to be considered for 2021.

I doubt it, reports coming in Don Shula has expired.

• Sad 1

Columnist and author Caitlin Flanagan has a second recurrence of stage iv cancer:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/surviving-cancer-coronavirus-pandemic/610594/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caitlin_Flanagan

She was nominated for a lesser Pulitzer Prize last year. But will she obit? Or is she another Cynthia Heimel?

On 27/04/2020 at 22:42, Lafaucheuse said:

Oh yeah my mistake, i was on the first page i thought it was the newest post... sorry !

It's ok mate

• Like 1

Sir Quentin Blake doesn't look too healthy. Might want to note he is 87.

• Like 1