Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

After almost all centenarians on the official DL have died in the last months (Kirk, Javier Perez, Vera Lynn), we may need 2-3 new ones as a substitution for next years DL?! what about Capt. Tom Moore, Boris Pahor or Norman Lloyd, household names that are all obitable for sure if they survive this year end...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

After almost all centenarians on the official DL have died in the last months (Kirk, Javier Perez, Vera Lynn), we may need 2-3 new ones as a substitution for next years DL?! what about Capt. Tom Moore, Boris Pahor or Norman Lloyd, household names that are all obitable for sure if they survive this year end...

Centenarians are obvious lazy selections, why seek them out deliberately?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

Centenarians are obvious lazy selections, why seek them out deliberately?

I thought we wait for Betty White?

Prince Philip will be 100 as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

I suggest Jackie Stallone, who turns 100 next year and is a long overdue name imo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Beverly Cleary perhaps?

• Like 3

Other nice aspirants (just because of old age):

Iris Apfel – American fashion icon, will turn 100 in 8/21

Luis Echeverria – former president of Mexico, will turn 100 in 1/22 on the same day as our lovely Betty White!

Ray Anthony – American band leader, last surviving member of the Glenn Miller Orchestra, will turn 100 in 1/22

Rhonda Fleming – American actress, Queen of Technocolor, will turn 100 in 8/23

Vic Seixas – American tennis player and Wimbledon winner 1953, will turn 100 in 8/23

Glynis Johns – British actress, will turn100 in 10/23

Jane Morgan – American singer, has had a British No.1-hit in 1959, will turn 100 in 5/24

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Book said:

Other nice aspirants (just because of old age):

Iris Apfel – American fashion icon, will turn 100 in 8/21

Luis Echeverria – former president of Mexico, will turn 100 in 1/22 on the same day as our lovely Betty White!

Ray Anthony – American band leader, last surviving member of the Glenn Miller Orchestra, will turn 100 in 1/22

Rhonda Fleming – American actress, Queen of Technocolor, will turn 100 in 8/23

Vic Seixas – American tennis player and Wimbledon winner 1953, will turn 100 in 8/23

Glynis Johns – British actress, will turn100 in 10/23

Jane Morgan – American singer, has had a British No.1-hit in 1959, will turn 100 in 5/24

You're very confident with all those "will"s.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Toast said:

You're very confident with all those "will"s.  :rolleyes:

Yes, for making the list!!! B)

5 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Don't think Pahor is famous enough.Norman Lloyd is and so I would argue is Tom Moore.

James Lovelock Marge Champion Beverly Cleary and June Spencer are the only other centenarians notable enough to realistically appear.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Don't think Pahor is famous enough.Norman Lloyd is and so I would argue is Tom Moore.

James Lovelock Marge Champion Beverly Cleary and June Spencer are the only other centenarians notable enough to realistically appear.

Pahor I'd have agreed with but the fact he got a BBC1 documentary in his honour last Christmas suggests he's clearly more famous than I'd thought.

Vic Seixas is my latest attempt to get my first unique hit for Pan Breed so we all know the score - he'll die next April when I've dropped him for someone else.

• Like 1

If they really want to go for age.. maybe John Cruickshank?

Benjamin Ferencz also a possibility. Pierre Soulages probably too niche?

James Lovelock is possible, maaaybe Lawrence Ferlinghetti.

or why not.... Steven Spielberg's father.. you know it's possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe its time for 80 year old Mike Ditka to make his triumhant return to the list after a 20 year break.

13 minutes ago, Wee Jum said:

Maybe its time for 80 year old Mike Ditka to make his triumhant return to the list after a 30 year break.

FTFY

(Also Peter Alliss and Rex Williams IMO)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Book said:

I suggest Jackie Stallone, who turns 100 next year and is a long overdue name imo.

I was about to add her to this only because she is trending on Twitter for BBUK related reasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

FTFY

(Also Peter Alliss and Rex Williams IMO)

Didn't fix my spelling mistake though

• Haha 1

Really think both Betty White and Pierre Cardin will make it to 100, both active and healthy. Phil will probably make it too.

if ever they should add some centenarians, may I suggest Pierre Soulages, who is probably the most famous centenarian here in France. Henri Vernes, René de Obaldia, Iris Apfel, earl Cameron or Edgar Morin seems good picks too, don’t they ? 
and What about the old McCain ? I consider her most famous than Gates Sr. but...

• Like 1

If you are annoyed that you didnt pick Pablo Escobar's chief henchman Jhon Velasquez, why not his right hand Carlos Lehder Rivas (70):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8427781/Hitler-loving-Medellin-cartel-founder-Carlos-Lehder-Rivas-goes-free-Germany.html

The Hitler-loving druglord is being extradited to Germany on what is supposed to be "his last trip" because of illness.

• Thanks 1

On 04/06/2020 at 06:24, GuyFromFuture said:

Ian Holm will die Nov 14 2020

Almost.... but not exactly !

On 20/02/2020 at 02:32, CaptainChorizo said:

Jim Kiick

The running back from the undefeated 1972 Dolphins Dolphins team has had dementia since 2017,and is living in an assisted care facility

Reportedly dead on Twitter:

Just now, SwiftlyVague said:

Reportedly dead on Twitter:

That’ll be a bad Kiick for those considering him.

Dagnabbit

Was hoping he would last long enough to be picked in the Poker Deadpool

Watching a Channel 5 thing last night about 1978, think it a repeat from that series that Dirty Den and Jim Bowen appeared on just before dying in 2018. Anyhow, Eric Chappell (Rising Damp writer) and Ted Childs (The Sweeney/Inspector Morse producer) both showed up and are still alive.

I think I knew about Chappell as hes on Willz's teams here or there abouts, but Childs was a new one to me, so sharing it.

• Like 2