Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

11 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Whilst I have no negative health news to report I note that Jack Higgins the prolific author is now 91 and hasn't published a book since May 2017 - until then he was producing about 2 a year.

I'd rather DL missed with Jack Higgins than hit with Sir Lord Captain Sergeant Lieutenant Tom 'I walked round the garden on my zimmer' - the committee need to reimpose some standards into their 50 picks.

Whilst I have no negative health news to report I note that Jack Higgins books are fucking awesome.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Whilst I have no negative health news to report I note that Jack Higgins books are fucking awesome.

Thanks - I rather lost the main point of my post when I got side tracked by my Captain Tom rant. :D 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dying Probably said:

John Cleese is quite old and a good pick and 6ix9ine just gives me "dying soon" vibes.

I follow him on Twitter and he seems fine.

• Like 1

Bonking Bill looking and sounding rather frail at John L's funeral today.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2020 at 02:30, DeathClock said:

If Prince Philip dies this year, I’ll give you a couple hints on who I think should be #1. Her first name is Betty and she is White.

Betty White is reportedly in great shape, although sudden illness can happen at any time - like what happened to Nicholas Parsons. Defo doesnt deserve 1st place...

1st place should be Phil (if still alive). Presuming that he isnt, 1st place should be Jimmy Carter, Leon Spinks or Alex Trebek IMO (or Roberta McCain, if DL allows her to be on the list like they did Gates Sr)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I follow him on Twitter and he seems fine.

John Cleese or 6ix9ine? I have doubts of either of them going anytime soon. 6ix9ine would've been dead by now if the Bloods wanted to take a hit out on him. He's probably got the best protection available to him too. John Cleese is 80, no prominent health issues or sickness record so I'd say he's got a way to go.

On 06/07/2020 at 11:12, drol said:

Shafi was once again in a critical condition last month and plans of succession were made. Anyway he was somehow discharged. Can't wait for another good riddance...

Shafi was in ICU again last week, but has already been discharged.

It might be harder to find Aussie News as Google might withdraw from showing Aussie media links rather than pay royalties to the media companies.

Since OdH died, we dont have any front runners on who will be the first DL candidate to hit 105. Maybe we should put Marsha Hunt in next year? I mean a golden age hollywood actress is surely famous enough for us to have up on the board. Also if we are gonna have Gates Sr, we might as well have Roberta McCain on the list too - who is 108

With the current list, we would have to wait 6 years AT LEAST until a name could potentially hit 105 years old.

• Like 2

Why would it be desirable for a DL pick to reach the age of 105?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Since OdH died, we dont have any front runners on who will be the first DL candidate to hit 105. Maybe we should put Marsha Hunt in next year? I mean a golden age hollywood actress is surely famous enough for us to have up on the board. Also if we are gonna have Gates Sr, we might as well have Roberta McCain on the list too - who is 108

With the current list, we would have to wait 6 years AT LEAST until a name could potentially hit 105 years old.

I must say as a movie fan, that neither Hunt nor Rhonda Fleming starred in major films.

Arlene Dahl (1925), on the other hand, gave brilliant performances in two classics: "Woman's World" (1954) & "Journey to the center of the world" (1959).

One should not forget, that Kim Novak is still alive & battled breast cancer a few years ago.

6 hours ago, Toast said:

Why would it be desirable for a DL pick to reach the age of 105?

The idea of DL is that it competes against itself. Nobody on DL has reached 105 yet...

22 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

The idea of DL is that it competes against itself. Nobody on DL has reached 105 yet...

jesus-facepalm.jpg.cdccbbf3446ada54c2ff3a18ca3af5c4.jpg

• Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Brooke Astor would like to speak with you sir

17 minutes ago, Toast said:

jesus-facepalm.jpg.cdccbbf3446ada54c2ff3a18ca3af5c4.jpg

From an extract of an article explaining the site:

Deathlist.net—whose slogan, “On today, gone tomorrow,” rivals the Washington Post for the most foreboding media tagline—is one of these sites. Each year, the mysterious DeathList Committee creates a list of 50 celebrities to be on, and potentially gone. Rather than competing with others, the committee competes with itself, and tries to top it’s current record (2017, 17 deaths). 

So yeah, BTFO judgemental boomer catlady... I honestly couldnt give a fuck - as this is like the second time I've proven you wrong after you've been all salty and got your girdle up in a twist.

1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Deathlist.net—whose slogan, “On today, gone tomorrow,” rivals the Washington Post for the most foreboding media tagline—is one of these sites. Each year, the mysterious DeathList Committee creates a list of 50 celebrities to be on, and potentially gone. Rather than competing with others, the committee competes with itself, and tries to top it’s current record (2017, 17 deaths). 

So yeah, BTFO judgemental boomer catlady... I honestly couldnt give a fuck - as this is like the second time I've proven you wrong after you've been all salty and got your girdle up in a twist.

Quite apart from the aforementioned Ms Astor ....

DL does not have quotas, be it gender, age, or any other category.  Ages are immaterial.

As for you, sonny, you can insult me all you like.

look_at_all_the_fucks_i_give.jpg.88159974cb094d562f115e8df1159053.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Quite apart from the aforementioned Ms Astor ....

DL does not have quotas, be it gender, age, or any other category.  Ages are immaterial.

As for you, sonny, you can insult me all you like.

look_at_all_the_fucks_i_give.jpg.88159974cb094d562f115e8df1159053.jpg

Says the one who insulted me to begin with. You could've just mentioned the whole Astor thing beforehand but noooo lets start some shit for no fucking reason...

Shut the fuck up boomer | Shut the Fuck Up, Liberal | Know Your Meme

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Maybe take down all your celebratory bunting for now.

The competition isn’t ‘how old can we make our picks’, it’s ‘how many deaths of famous people can we correctly predict’.

Even your pretty anonymous article gets it, and I’m pretty sure you do too but you’re just being deliberately obtuse, as usual, to angle for some kind of childish insult trade-off, and then try to claim the other party was doing just that.

You’ve some growing up to do, flower.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Maybe take down all your celebratory bunting for now.

The competition isn’t ‘how old can we make our picks’, it’s ‘how many deaths of famous people can we correctly predict’.

Even your pretty anonymous article gets it, and I’m pretty sure you do too but you’re just being deliberately obtuse, as usual, to angle for some kind of childish insult trade-off, and then try to claim the other party was doing just that.

You’ve some growing up to do, flower.

Did I say that this is what DL is all about? I said DL is all about competing with itself and then you guys took in what I said and muddled it with your childhoods or whatever and then what I've said became "The competition isn’t ‘how old can we make our picks’, it’s ‘how many deaths of famous people can we correctly predict’." - which isnt the point I'm making, 'flower'.

My point was this: It would be a cool if we could have someone on the list hang on for a very long time - perhaps 105 (and thanks to Joey for actually being nice enough to explain to me about the previous 105 year old on DL and not insulting me during his explanation). I stated that it would be cool to beat the top age on DL and I then ASKED over whether it was a good idea to include golden age Hollywood actress, Marsha Hunt, to our suggestions for DL's next list. I dont know how you managed to interpret that into anything else than the fun discussion that I was having. 

I would quite like to see the list go in the opposite direction and try to get as many hits with less centenarians. But also I will absolutely not, in any way, be publicly upset if this doesn't happen or if people don't understand or agree with my sentiment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joneseuro said:

I would quite like to see the list go in the opposite direction and try to get as many hits with less centenarians. But also I will absolutely not, in any way, be publicly upset if this doesn't happen or if people don't understand or agree with my sentiment.

I like your style.

With Linda Nolan's cancer now in her Liver, depending on further updates, she might be a good pick to return to the list again.

3 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I dont know how you managed to interpret that into anything else than the fun discussion that I was having. 

It was fun yeah, but not for the reason you think :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1