Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

12 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

There is always the picky one isn't there. I want a death certificate, I want a second opinion, I want to win the lottery, I want my wife to love me. I have about four months to get that to you. But I will. 

D1DA9841-885B-4777-9A21-F6977F43BDF7.jpeg

On 06/08/2020 at 22:47, maryportfuncity said:

Sure he's been mentioned before but if the DL committee were ever prepared to break their ban on famous for being famous candidates - there's a clear contender

tom-moore-100-laps.jpg

He is a fundraiser so if they were to include him they could use that as the justification.He achieved something other than being really really old.Being a fundraiser is not usually notable enough criteria for inclusion but he did get a knighthood and has instant name recognition amongst the entire country.More DL worthy than Bill Gates Sr.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

D1DA9841-885B-4777-9A21-F6977F43BDF7.jpeg

In the grand scheme of things what has Liberace got to do with it?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:
1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

Paul McGuinness. The  one time U2 manger. Founder of Principle Management Ltd. Dead within a year. Will make obits everywhere. Sorted. 

Link please? 

This thread is "Ideas and Possibilities".   Why do you need a link?

12 minutes ago, Toast said:

Sis... if you’re gonna suggest a random 60 odd year old as a possibility for near year, it’d be helpful to provide more information as to why. 

• Like 1

Jerry Falwell Jr.

He used to be a respectable gentleman, but now he's acting splendidly suicidal.

He reminds me of Carrie Fisher, who filled her Twitter feed with thousands of smileys & pictures where she tongue-kissed her dog, during the last weeks of her life.

19 hours ago, Toast said:

Sunday World. Irish version of the defunct News/Screws of the world. A few week ago apparently. Leave me with it. 

Other possibilities. The five left from Billy Joel's shite song where no one was an arsonist. Queen Elizabeth II, Brigitte Bardot, Bob Dylan, Chubby Checker, Bernard Goetz. One has got to go. Surely. 

• Like 1

Stan Albeck(b. 1931) who was a Head Coach or Assistant Coach in the NBA/ABA or NCAA for every year btwn 1956-2002. He retired in 2002 after suffering a stroke that left him partially paralyzed. Will get QO because he was Michael Jordan's Head Coach during his 2nd season with The Chicago Bulls.

On 10/08/2020 at 12:37, Bentrovato said:

Other possibilities. The five left from Billy Joel's shite song where no one was an arsonist. Queen Elizabeth II, Brigitte Bardot, Bob Dylan, Chubby Checker, Bernard Goetz. One has got to go. Surely. 

I don’t think Dylan or Chubby will go in the next five years, they seem both in good health and neither is 80 yet. 

Posted on the feeling peaky thread but Doug Scott - mountaineering legend and one of the first two up the South West Face of Everest is now struggling with his own stairs. 

Nailed on obit as and when

William Russell, played the role of Dr Who companion Ian Chesterton (1963-1965) and also played the role of Ted Sullivan in Coronation Street where he married Rita (Barbara Knox) but sadly died not long afterwards with a brain tumour. He will also be 96 in November so may be worth keeping an eye on. 

Czech writer Milan Kundera who went into exile in France 1975, had his Czech citizenship revoked in 1979 but received a Czech citizenship in 2019. I am seriously considering putting him on my 2021 shadow list providing he gets through to December of course. 

Dame Joan Plowright, actress spanning 7 decades, received 2 Golden Globe awards and a Tony Award,  91 in October and also spouse of the late great Laurence Olivier.

• Like 2

Gloria Henry, actress, played Alice Mitchell (Dennis’s mother) in the CBS family sitcom Dennis the Menace 1959-1963                 Lina Wertmuller (Italian screenwriter and film director), first woman nominated for an Academy Award for Best Director for Seven Beauties in 1977. 

Patricia Routledge is also a name people know who is randomly in her 90s but has no other health news whatsoever...

See also about 50 others...

• Like 3

Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, if he's still alive. Often called Saddam's right hand man and by some, the "creator and funder of ISIS", he's the leader of the Iraqi Ba'ath party. If he resurfaces to prove he's alive again, I don't think he'll live long. He's 78 and probably has a lot of enemies.

As there have been quite a few deaths in Emmerdale over the last couple of years or so I am going for a treble whammy from Coronation Street in 2021 - Mark Eden (played villain Alan Bradley), Johnny Briggs (played crafty cocky businessmen Mike Baldwin and long time nemesis of Ken Barlow) and Philip Lowrie (played Dennis Tanner, son of Elsie) 

2 hours ago, Steve said:

As there have been quite a few deaths in Emmerdale over the last couple of years or so I am going for a treble whammy from Coronation Street in 2021 - Mark Eden (played villain Alan Bradley), Johnny Briggs (played crafty cocky businessmen Mike Baldwin and long time nemesis of Ken Barlow) and Philip Lowrie (played Dennis Tanner, son of Elsie) 

Speaking of Corrie, Chris Quintin is a mere 63 but last reported to be working at Stringfellows and last year he got engaged to a lap dancer on her 21st birthday (which was a few weeks short of his 62nd birthday)

This isn't the kind of existence that ends well, right?

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Quinten

Chris-Quinten-Coronation-Street-Brian-Ti

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve said:

There's also the female Coronation  Street trifecta of Eileen Derbyshire (89 this year), Thelma Barlow (91) and Barbara Knox (87). Plus Bill Roache is now 88. It's starting to resemble a Lancastrian version of Cocoon. 

7 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

There's also the female Coronation  Street trifecta of Eileen Derbyshire (89 this year), Thelma Barlow (91) and Barbara Knox (87). Plus Bill Roache is now 88. It's starting to resemble a Lancastrian version of Cocoon. 

I don’t think any of those trio of Corrie ladies you mention are going anywhere anytime soon 

20 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Speaking of Corrie, Chris Quintin is a mere 63 but last reported to be working at Stringfellows and last year he got engaged to a lap dancer on her 21st birthday (which was a few weeks short of his 62nd birthday)

This isn't the kind of existence that ends well, right?

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Quinten

Chris-Quinten-Coronation-Street-Brian-Ti

He will die a happy man.

That is more than can be said for many of us!

4 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

He will die a happy man.

That is more than can be said for many of us!

To be fair, he could easily pass for 10 years younger than he is. 

• Like 1