Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I see it took you a total of two posts to announce your dumbassedness

Ah, Sir Creep, remember your Shakespeare:

Some are born dumbasses. Some achieve dumbassery. Some have dumbasses thrust upon them.

On 06/07/2020 at 13:33, msc said:

Who knew there was a 98 year old Scottish international rugby player alive? I didn't.

Logie Bruce Lockhart played rugby for Scotland from 1948 to 1953 after serving in the Second World War. He then became headmaster of Greshams for 30 years and taught James Dyson. He now writes books on everything from education policy to fishing in the Highlands to just being very very old. Here's a picture of him from last summer.

_107427444_sirjamesdysonlogiebruce-lockh

Unfortunately, 98 year old Scottish international rugby player Logie Bruce Lockhart no longer alive.

• Like 2

Going through Game of Thrones actors I have the following suggestions for people to watch out for:

• Julian Glover - 85
  • Oliver Ford Davies - 81
  • Paul Bentley - 78
  • David Bradley - 78
  • Donald Sumpter - 77
  • Like 1

I hope Brian Murphy makes it to 90, because have you ever seen a more DeathList-y name?

27 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I hope Brian Murphy makes it to 90, because have you ever seen a more DeathList-y name?

The Comedians - George Roper | Born George Francis Furnival … | Flickr

On 08/09/2020 at 21:59, Sir Creep said:

I see it took you a total of two posts to announce your dumbassedness

I'm actually kinda or new to this site. So forgive me if I make mistakes.... It's all apart of the learning process. 

• Like 5

On 08/09/2020 at 17:06, Jesse said:

Joe Biden. 

If Joe Biden wins the 2020 presidential election, I highly doubt he would make it through the first four year term as president. This is because while trying to run for president in 1988, he suffered two brain aneurysms and that took a toll on his mental health. He is also 77 going on 78, so if he does win the presidential election he will be the oldest president to step foot into office.  

I'm doubtful Biden will win this. This is just Trump v Hillary all over again. Trump will get his second term despite this election being tailored to the left - all they had to do is find a decent candidate...

How about Beverly Cleary, and Robert Solow?

• Like 1

Early wishes for next year list :

- Lee Kerslake 

- Sandra Day O’Connor 

- Buzz Aldrin 

- Raul Castro 

- James Ivory 

- Tippi Hedren 

- Liz Sheridan

- Robert Badinter 

- Noam Chomsky

- Milan Kundera 

- Gina Lollobrigida 

- and so on...

• Like 4

My guess is Chomsky will be getting the call up soon, and he'll be a permanent fixture on the list until he carks it aged 107.

David Jason looks like he's lost a bit of weight or is this just what your average 80 year old looks like now?

26 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

David Jason looks like he's lost a bit of weight or is this just what your average 80 year old looks like now?

Sadly David Jason has aged horribly. He looked 80, 25 years ago which is somewhat ironic seeing as he played a character about three times older than his actual age in Porridge. Seriously hope he has a few more years left in him. 

Military historian Donald M Goldstein sounds and looks like shite in this Pearl Harbour doc I was watching. Like someone who had a serious stroke. However it turns out his bit was filmed TWENTY YEARS AGO and he's 89 soon, so presumably he's even further along in looking like hell now and may pick up an obit for a deadpool.

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, msc said:

Military historian Donald M Goldstein sounds and looks like shite in this Pearl Harbour doc I was watching. Like someone who had a serious stroke. However it turns out his bit was filmed TWENTY YEARS AGO and he's 89 soon, so presumably he's even further along in looking like hell now and may pick up an obit for a deadpool.

According to this site he died in 2017

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/obituaries/2017/12/21/Donald-Goldstein-historian-university-of-pittsburgh-world-war-II-at-dawn-we-slept-air-force-1/stories/201712210162

Chuck Feeney has finally given away all his money, and is 89. Suspect with his lives work over he may decline rapidly.

• Like 1

Paavo Lipponen, somewhat notable Finnish pm, possibly worked with Stasi and in a frail and weak condition. Only 79, but won't probably be here for long.

Jackie Stallone, nearly 99 and god knows how many percent plastic. Gates dad was included too so I am hopefully not killed for suggesting this name.

Kenneth Kaunda, would be a good next "old african leader" on the list after the passing of a couple of them. 96 but seems to be in a good condition. Who knows though.

Tsar Simeon II, last tsar. Only 83 though.

Maybe including one of the main young reformers of Yuri Andropov could get on the list, as they're all getting old. Mikhail Gorbachev is "only" 89, Nikolai Ryzhkov will be 91 in 10 days and Yegor Ligachyov is approaching his 100th birthday

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, arghton said:

Paavo Lipponen, somewhat notable Finnish pm, possibly worked with Stasi and in a frail and weak condition. Only 79, but won't probably be here for long.

Jackie Stallone, nearly 99 and god knows how many percent plastic. Gates dad was included too so I am hopefully not killed for suggesting this name.

Kenneth Kaunda, would be a good next "old african leader" on the list after the passing of a couple of them. 96 but seems to be in a good condition. Who knows though.

Tsar Simeon II, last tsar. Only 83 though.

Maybe including one of the main young reformers of Yuri Andropov could get on the list, as they're all getting old. Mikhail Gorbachev is "only" 89, Nikolai Ryzhkov will be 91 in 10 days and Yegor Ligachyov is approaching his 100th birthday

I follow Jackie Stallone on Instagram (yes, I'm really that sad). She posts content quite regularly, including videos of her working out at her home gym. I know she survived a heart attack a few years ago but I'd say she maybe has a few years left in her yet. Let's not fall into the trap of just sticking people on the DL because they're old. Made that mistake too many times up until now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/07/2020 at 17:16, drol said:

Shafi was in ICU again last week, but has already been discharged.

Has resigned his position and taken to ICU again earlier today.

And if you believe Wikipedia straight off, he’s dead.

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Has resigned his position and taken to ICU again earlier today.

And if you believe Wikipedia straight off, he’s dead.

Confirmed dead.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Finally! Now some observations:

1)Shafi was an Islamic hardliner, far more than he showed in public. And a gigantic nepotistic dork. Very good riddance.

2)He was seemingly immortal, being in and out of ICU like it was a walk in the park.

3)Just yesterday I googled his name in Bangla  and found he was bedridden at his Madrassa but still able to talk and only relying on nasal cannula. I was going to post he would be around for a while...

There is a big battle going on between Immortals to determine Dilip Kumar's successor when he will die. Geelani and Thich Nhat Hanh are both strong contenders, but Mikis Theodorakis could be the surprise.

• Like 1

Chuck Feeney earned a fortune from a duty free shopping empire he co-founded but his disdain for money meant that for years he wore at $10 watch, only ever owned one pair of shoes and was prone to arriving at important meetings with his paperwork in a carrier bag. 

Newsworthy now because he's succeeded in giving away £6 billion - much of it in bequests to education. All the reports suggest the 89 year old is acting now because he ain't well. 

Thought, I'd - like - park a mugshot here. Obit chances fairly good since he's likely boosted them mightily with this philanthropic gesture. 

chuck-feeney_1436521690_725x725.jpg

• Like 1