Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

Marty Wilde survived a "heart scare" this summer and now has a pacemaker. Also, allegedly he's 81 now. They'll be telling us Kim is 60 next...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, msc said:

Marty Wilde survived a "heart scare" this summer and now has a pacemaker. Also, allegedly he's 81 now. They'll be telling us Kim is 60 next...

Will he be buried in his wig like Wogan?

Former MLB pitcher Charlie Haegar is wanted for killling his girlfriend. Possible suicide type if he makes it to 2021.

11 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Former MLB pitcher Charlie Haegar is wanted for killling his girlfriend. Possible suicide type if he makes it to 2021.

Spoke too soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abc15.com/news/region-northeast-valley/scottsdale/scottsdale-pd-looking-for-ex-boyfriend-of-woman-fatally-shot-friday%3f_amp=true

As the count on the list stands at 14 that means the minimum number of picks we have to lose for the next year is 11. As William Gates has died I am sure most people would have included him so my first skim through suggests the following be dropped if there are no more hits for the year

Angela Lansbury

Dick Van Dyke

Prunella Scales

John Edrich

Shane McGowan

David Crosby

David Attenborough

Tom Smith

Lester Pigott

Dick Cheney

Emperor Akihito

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

As the count on the list stands at 14 that means the minimum number of picks we have to lose for the next year is 11. As William Gates has died I am sure most people would have included him so my first skim through suggests the following be dropped if there are no more hits for the year

Angela Lansbury - NOOOOOOOO

Dick Van Dyke - I think he'll see late 90s but clearly Cmme consider him too big to drop

Prunella Scales

John Edrich

Shane McGowan

David Crosby - You want to drop the guy with heart failure?

David Attenborough - NOOOOOOO

Tom Smith - Stage IV cancer so unlikely to drop

Lester Pigott

Dick Cheney

Emperor Akihito

Instead of those 5, Musharraf, Tony Bennett (seems healthy and not really a DL icon), Greenspan (feels one of their 2 years and done names), Imelda Marcos and Desmond Tutu feel more like drops, and any more deaths in 2020 will save Tutu/Marcos.

53 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Angela Lansbury

Dick Van Dyke

Prunella Scales

John Edrich

Shane McGowan

David Crosby

David Attenborough

Tom Smith

Lester Pigott

Dick Cheney

Emperor Akihito

Interesting.

Angela Lansbury and Dick van Dyke will be included until their departure, I suppose.

At this point I would actually drop:

Tony Bennett

Harry Belafonte

Prunella Scales

Jacques Delors

John Edrich

Shane McGowan

Dick Cheney

Imelda Marcos

Lester Piggott

Jean-Marie LePen

David Attenborough

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Book said:

At this point I would actually drop:

Tony Bennett

Harry Belafonte

Prunella Scales

Jacques Delors

John Edrich

Shane McGowan

Dick Cheney

Imelda Marcos

Lester Piggott

Jean-Marie LePen

David Attenborough

I’d go with this, minus Pru and Le Pen. Probably General Perv and, yes, Lansbury instead.

• Like 1

I don’t think Lansbury or Attenborough should drop tbh. I think the easy drops are Edrich, Cheney, Piggott, Musharraf. MacGowan should also be an easy drop although they did carry him over from 2019 so not 100% sure. Ditto Akihito, who I suspect is heading into bedblocker territory...

5 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’d go with this, minus Pru and Le Pen. Probably General Perv and, yes, Lansbury instead.

LePen would be the first to step in after hit No. 15 ;) 

I'd drop Van Dyke, Akihito, Greenspan, Tutu, possibly Tom Smith. Van Dyke gives me "lives to 100 vibes". Lansbury, Marcos, Le Pen should be kept, they are in their 90s and atleast Marcos looks frail

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Angela Lansbury

Dick Van Dyke

Prunella Scales

John Edrich

Shane McGowan

David Crosby

David Attenborough

Tom Smith

Lester Pigott

Dick Cheney

Emperor Akihito

This is a fair list tbh, although dropping Tom Smith and David Crosby are both bad ideas.

Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury are just old, besides that I reckon they both have a while to go yet. In fact, I reckon Betty White is a fair candidate. Apparently she feels like she has ages to go yet so I think at least a lower rank on the list may be in order - taking her off the list may be a step too far.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2020 at 01:05, ladyfiona said:

Not a celebrity in the usual sense, but death has tried to claim him many times and is known as the world's most unlucky luckiest man.

• 1962 - Survived a train crash where everyone on board (17) died except him.
  • 1963 - Survived the next year where he was blown out of a plane door and landed in a haystack. Plane crashed and everyone else on board died.
  • 1966 - Bus that he was riding in skidded off the road and into a river drowning four. Selak swam to shore with a few cuts and bruises.
  • 1970  - Car caught fire as he was driving and he managed to escape before the fuel tank blew up.
  • 1973 - Engine of his car was doused with hot oil from a malfunctioning fuel pump, causing flames to shoot through the air vents. Selak's hair was completely singed in this incident, but he was otherwise unharmed.
  • 1995 - Struck by a bus but sustained only minor injuries.
  • 1996 - Avoided head-on collision with a truck on a mountain curve by swerving in a guardrail. He was ejected from the car when the door flew open, (he wasn't wearing a seatbelt) managed to hold onto a tree, and watched his car plummet down 300 ft into a gorge.

Death must have wanted to reward him after that because in 2003 he won the lottery and got €900000.

Only just seen this - so he goes on my DDP team, survives 2021 and watches the other 19 picks - whoever they are - die!!

• Haha 2

If you want my overall thoughts on who should stay: 

Bob Dole, Henry Kissinger, Prince Philip: as it stands, those three are now tied for the most appearances on the list when taking the dead out of consideration. Them staying on till they die is obvious (and Dole and Philip had some health problems too)

I think Jimmy Carter and Dick Van Dyke fits the bedblocker status too despite being on less lists (and with Van Dyke being far healthier). Same with Leslie Phillips although he got dropped once before. 
For Alex Trebek, Leon Spinks, and Tom Smith, they all have advanced cancer. Dropping any of the three would be foolish imo. 
Right, so that’s 9 must returns already. I think also in must return status is Cardin (who is quite dull but held a spot for long enough), Betty White, Valery Giscard d’Estaing (wouldn’t mind him dropping until his health scare last month), and Nobby Stiles

After that I don’t know if any of the remainders necessarily have to return, but there’s some I think should return. Woodward has been ill for years, Delors recently lost a spouse and is apparently in ill health, and Barker also had some health scares, although he’s doing okay for now. Also seems like Murray Walker is famous in the UK so he should stay. 
As I stated above, I think Attenborough and Lansbury should stay. Both big enough, and you know some of the people saying that they should be dropped will then proclaim that they’re a big miss for the deathlist. 
So that leaves 6 spots to go with 17 names to go. Of those 6, I think Harry Belafonte, Desmond Tutu, Willie Nelson, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, David Crosby, and Jean Marie Le Pen should be the 6 that ends up returning of the remaining 17, but that’s just me. 

• Like 1

Bit of an outlier but obitable for sure and likely an ironic death when he goes because...

76 year old Raymond Moody is probably the planet's greatest living expert on the near death experience. Tbh I thought he was probably dead but was doing some research on him today and he lives...

Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Mood

yRaymond_Moody_1.jpg

@msc

My objection to Tom Smith was not on health grounds and that is from someone who actually lives in Northamptonshire

Assuming Chris Christie survives this bout of COVID, it might be worth keeping an eye on how frail he looks post-admission.  Adding potential long COVID and general deconditioning to his multiple comorbidities would put him at fairly high risk for the coming year.

Comedy producer Humphrey Barclay turns 80 in 2021. No evidence of poor health, but a fascinating character so worth keeping on your radars: A Footlight alum who once told John Cleese to think about making a sitcom based at a hotel, he produced the first two black British sitcoms: No, Honestly and the much-better remembered Desmond's. Becoming life-long friends with the Desmond's cast, he went to Ghana for the funeral of Gyearbuor Asante in 2000, where he was promptly adopted by the Tafo royal family and named Nana Kwadwo Ameyaw Gyearbuor Yiadom I, Nkosuohene of Kwahu-Tafo.

ImageImage

• Like 1

I think it would be a mistake to drop David Crosby and Dick Cheney.  Crosby has such a poor health history and said himself that he thinks he only has a few years left and that he would have a heart attack in the next couple of years.  Assuming he sees 2021, he seems like he has at worst a 1/3 chance to die before 2022.  That's good enough for me.  As for Cheney, his own heart transplant doctor said in March of 2012 that it would not be unreasonable for him to live another 10 years.  Well, it will have been 9 years in March of 2021, and he turns 80 next January 30th.  To me, he has very limited time left, and should stay on the list.  We aren't talking about a dude who could get over an illness and then live another 10-20 years.  He's very likely to croak in the next couple of years.  

As much as I hate typing this, Betty White has to stay on the list.  She showed noticeable mental slippage at the end of last year, though if she maintained what I saw at the end of last year that's still pretty good for a 99-year-old.  Still, we haven't seen much of her this year other than puff pieces in the media and she wasn't even directly quoted in the latest one I saw.  

Harry Belafonte looks extremely frail in recent videos, so to me he shouldn't be dropped.  

As of now, these are some new names I'd be considering strongly for next year:

--Carlos Menem is 90, has been hospitalized 4 times this year, and recently married his ex-wife.  

--Paul Westphal may not be a big-enough name, but he was diagnosed with brain cancer/glioblastoma in August.  Probably 50/50 he dies by the end of '21.

--I don't see how Rush Limbaugh isn't an obvious add to the DL.

--Another thing I hate typing, but Sean Connery has looked increasingly frail and just listed that French villa for $34MM.  I don't think he has much time left. 

--Shannen Doherty would be a big hit because she's so young, under 50.  Late-stage metastatic breast cancer.  

• Like 1

I think it might get harder to deadpool for 2022 if Twitter and Facebook close down due to the possible abolition of section 230.

• Confused 1

since everyone is debating who should stay and who should sashay away on the list, here is the 11 candidates I would drop considering there is no hit left for this year

- Akihito 

- Tony Bennett 

- Stiles

- Prunella Scales

- Desmond Tutu 

- John Edrich 

- Shane MacGowan

- Dick Cheney 

- Lester Piggott 

- David Crosby

- Pervez Musharaff 

after all, they did drop Little Richard last year… 

• Like 2

I wouldn't drop Prunella Scales. She seems like she could go next year as she's had to quit Great Canal Journeys due to her Alzheimer's.

7 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I wouldn't drop Prunella Scales. She seems like she could go next year as she's had to quit Great Canal Journeys due to her Alzheimer's.

True, but compared to others like Van Dyke, Benett or Belafonte, and based on her last pictural earlier this year, She doesn’t seem on the brink of death

• Like 1

On 06/10/2020 at 16:22, arghton said:

I'd drop Van Dyke, Akihito, Greenspan, Tutu, possibly Tom Smith. Van Dyke gives me "lives to 100 vibes". Lansbury, Marcos, Le Pen should be kept, they are in their 90s and atleast Marcos looks frail

As some ideas for who could be there.

Mark Margolis. Actor known from Scarface, Oz, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. 81 next month so not one of the old ones but has had a brain surgery after a fall during the filming of Better Call Saul and has looked like a centenarian for some time. Seems to be in good health at the moment, but who knows.

Carl J. Shapiro. Might not be known enough for the list but he's the only one living of Bernard Madoff's big four clients and, well, 107. Madoff himself could be a good one too, though.

Captain Sir Tom Moore. Man of the year.

Peter Max, psychedelic artist with advanced Alzheimer's. He'll be 83 soon.

King Salman. 84 with alzheimers and from what I've heard, frail. Won't live to see his "Saudi Vision 2030"

Kenneth Kaunda. Old.

Possible health issues for everyone's favourite MIGA Trump acolyte cartoonist Zyklon Ben Garrison?

• Haha 1