Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

So genuinely sorry you lost your mum Toast. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yeah .... even 25 years ago when my mum was diagnosed with it, the survival rate was 80%.  She was in the 20% though.  :(

That's horrible - my sympathies go with those expressed above

• Like 1

Thanks - yes, it was particularly cruel as she had had really bad reactions to the chemo, then halfway through the course they did a scan which showed that the tumour had already shrunk to a fifth of its size.  Much celebration, then the same night she found a little sore on her waist.  It was a secondary cancer and two weeks later she was dead.

That's what lymphoma can do, folks.

• Sad 10

Gloria Hunniford looking ancient on BBC1 right now.

50 minutes ago, msc said:

R.I.P. Off Britain?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, msc said:

Fucking hell, the sellers of life insurance are dying out quicker than they can film new adverts. We'll have Sun Life plugged by Skepta and Jessie J at this rate.

• Haha 1

Not sure if he passes the fame threshold, but watching 'Randall and Hopkirk Deceased' I note that Kenneth Cope will be 90 next year. Ironic that he played the ghost when his co-star Mike Pratt succumbed to cancer as long ago as 1976.

• Like 2

Definitely hits the fame threshold though some of the more international posters may disagree.

• Like 2

Yeah he is famous enough.Was in Randall and Hopkirk Deacesed several Carry On Films and was in Coronation Street for several years (and returned for a while several decades later).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Yeah he is famous enough.Was in Randall and Hopkirk Deacesed several Carry On Films and was in Coronation Street for several years (and returned for a while several decades later).

Cough Cough Doctor Who cough cough

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Not sure if he passes the fame threshold, but watching 'Randall and Hopkirk Deceased' I note that Kenneth Cope will be 90 next year. Ironic that he played the ghost when his co-star Mike Pratt succumbed to cancer as long ago as 1976.

Cope also has had COPD for yearscand to be honest with you, I'm surprised he's still alive. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Annette Andre (Marty Hopkirks wife) is 81.  Just thought I'd throw that in. 

• Like 1

Former BBC War Correspondent turned Independent MP Martin Bell looks absolutely awful on Celebrity Pointless plus he is unable to stand. 

4 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Former BBC War Correspondent turned Independent MP Martin Bell looks absolutely awful on Celebrity Pointless plus he is unable to stand. 

Plus the show would have been filmed at the beginning of the year at the very latest. He may be even worse now!

• Like 2

Jeff Bridges and Arnold Schwarzengger in 2021?

If that happens, than my childhood has officially died once and for all.  They are like the last two vestiges of my innocent childhood.  lol

Worth noting that Scottish folk singer Jock Duncan is still alive. Turning 96 next year.

I don't think he's on the radar for many due to the lack of Wikipedia page but certainly notable and likely to obit.

Picked in the DDP about a decade ago. I assumed he had died, but apparently not.

320x0w.jpg.f593da826a10aebad578e176f89c586c.jpg

Mervin G. Morris who founded the now defunct Us Dept Store Chain Mervyn's in 1949 turns 101 next year

January will mark 10 years since the great Jack LaLanne died, aged 96. Something which I'm still pissed off about because I'm a great believer in his way of living, and I think he could've gone on for another 5-10 years had pneumonia not come at him as hard and fast as it did. (I know, I know... shoulda could woulda... not how life works out!)

Anways...

His widow, Elaine "LaLa" LaLanne will be 95 in March. Still going strong, seems very lively and works out daily.

Famous in her own right as a fitness guru. I can see her getting a qualifying obit in the form of the Mail Online at the very least.

Interview here from a couple of months ago:

482616cea58cd2f82143a5dbdae43c.jpg.d63f1cd2851c30963e2b0d4010f3985d.jpg2006-cars-stars-gala-v0limr_-2.jpg.97c885ffaf7a7d6555496b8de9476bb5.jpgelaine-flexing_web.jpg.69fdc20e619cdf32a1d05267f5b63748.jpg 

Iirc Lalanne was another victim of the curse of deathlist. Someone here, not me, declared he could live to 100, less than a week before he died.

• Like 1

Cliff looking old on Life Stories

cliff.jpg

1 hour ago, Wee Jum said:

Cliff looking old on Life Stories

cliff.jpg

Tomorrow may never come for this Young ''Un.

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Not a deathlist-kind Of personnality but good for AO deadpool : prince Al-Waleed Bin Khaleb from Saudi Is in coma since 2005. 
He managed to move his hand for the first time in 15 years a few days ago. One to look after. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaled_bin_Alwaleed_bin_Talal

Linked the wrong person. can't make up if the sleeping pricne you refer to is dead or not.

John Bream likely broke the world record for the highest official jump with no parachute (I mean, there are unwitting survivors of suicide attempts who may have a better claim  but aren't that likely to come forward, but you get my point). Either way, he was briefly unconscious as a result.

BBC page has a clickbait to the side for the longest wheelie on a motorbike

You get where this is going, a bit like Hilary Lister and other envelope pushers, this stuff won't always end well, right?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-54692343