Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

15 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

John Bream likely broke the world record for the highest official jump with no parachute (I mean, there are unwitting survivors of suicide attempts who may have a better claim  but aren't that likely to come forward, but you get my point). Either way, he was briefly unconscious as a result.

BBC page has a clickbait to the side for the longest wheelie on a motorbike

You get where this is going, a bit like Hilary Lister and other envelope pushers, this stuff won't always end well, right?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-54692343

TBF, I dunno about breaking the world record but, surely, he must have broken his fucking legs after hitting water like he was hitting a pavement from jumping from a Tower Block!

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

John Bream likely broke the world record for

....Being a nob.

Ok a lot of 'world records' are dangerous and pointless and ironically that's kind of the point. This though? It's your boat to float fella.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

TBF, I dunno about breaking the world record but, surely, he must have broken his fucking legs after hitting water like he was hitting a pavement from jumping from a Tower Block!

Apparently not, but he's badly bruised. I'm guessing they did some due diligence in terms of what he wore, the weather etc. This kind of record would make more sense in a 100  mph gale because you could fall a long way and get blown along so's you hit the water like a plane landing by gliding in at an angle. 

Tracey Emin has been diagnosed with cancer.  Don't know what stage its at but maybe one for the future

On 12/10/2020 at 00:08, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Former Leeds and Chelsea owner Ken Bates. Turns 89 in December. Will most likely get a QO

Not a chance. He's been on my personal team forever. He'll never die, just to spite us Leeds fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has anyone here ever considered the DJ Pete Murray?? He’ll be 96 next year....even LP’s have to finish some time.

• Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 22:52, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Just seen this: it said something at the time about one of the support boats was using some kind of device to break the surface tension of the water to reduce the force of the impact. No broken bones and he went to hospital as a precaution. Still a nutter, mind.

13 hours ago, SovietJohnny said:

Has anyone here ever considered the DJ Pete Murray?? He’ll be 96 next year....even LP’s have to finish some time.

He's been on my DDP team ever since I started playing, which is obviously why he's still alive. First mentioned as an idea or possibility 15 years ago.

Cerberus

• 598 posts

Some veteran broadcasters for yor consideration:

David Jacobs (b 1926)

Alan Freeman (b 1927)

Pete Murray (b 1928)

Brian Matthew (no DoB, but at least 80)

Humphrey Lyttleton (ditto)

Jimmy Young (ditto)

Johnny Walker (only 60, but recent cancer treatment)

Alan "Fluff" Freeman was I know mentioned on the Brinsworth House thread. Most of the others are still working.

• Thanks 1

My Top 50 new names for next year for the Committee to consider:

1)George Alagiah

2)Bill Turnbull

3)Derek Draper

4)Michael Schumacher 

5)Bernard Tapie

6)Peter Tobin

7)James Whale

8)Rush Limbaugh

9)Billy Connelly

10)Barbara Windsor

11)Sandra Day O`Conner

12)Trevor Peacock

13)Kenneth Cope

14)Julie Goodyear

15)Stan Bowles

16)Sarah Harding

17)Tom Parker

18)George P Schultz

19)June Spencer

20)James Lovelock

21)Leonard Fenton

22)Mahatahir Mohammed

23)Irene Papas

24)Eva Marie Saint

25)Noam Chomsky

26)Douglas Hurd

27)Rosalynn Carter

28)Frank Worthington

29)Gunther Von Hagens

30)Helen Fraser

31)Glenda Jackson

32)Roy Hattersley

33)John Prescott

34)David Gulpilil

35)Neil Diamond

36)Jesse Jackson

37)Michael Rosen

38)Marianne Faithful

39)Matthew Corbett

40)Tim Curry

41)John Nott

42)Norman Tebbit

43)Doddie Weir

44)Rob Burrow

45)Stephen Darby

46)William Russell

47)Eillen Derbyshire

48)Bill Treacher

49)Des O`Conner

50)Shannen Doherty

• Like 1

Sean  - I take it that numbers 37 to 39 are on the 'long Covid' Deathlist possibilities.

I don't think they'll add George Shultz though unless either Kissinger or Dole go this year. There would be too many US politicians for the Committee.

9 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

Sean  - I take it that numbers 37 to 39 are on the 'long Covid' Deathlist possibilities.

I don't think they'll add George Shultz though unless either Kissinger or Dole go this year. There would be too many US politicians for the Committee.

President Carter as well let's not forget. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, time said:

He's been on my DDP team ever since I started playing, which is obviously why he's still alive. First mentioned as an idea or possibility 15 years ago.

Born 1925 actually....even better. All your others gone - apart from Johnnie who recovered.

I think with Stiles dying Greaves will surely return if he makes it.

18 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

They are.Rosen has blood clots still I believe.Corbett has moved into sheltered accommodation and has other conditions such as diabetes.He was lucky to survive at all as  had Leaukemia in the late 90s.Faithfull I believe has other health problems as well.

Sad to hear about Matthew Corbett's condition - he always seems a really good bloke and The Sooty Show with him in it was part of my childhood memories.  

Im kind of surprised Faithful is still here to be honest - she seems to have had many ailments and addictions and has outlived many from her heyday.  

10 hours ago, Deathrace said:

President Carter as well let's not forget. 

Yes I kind of forgot about him as well!  I was thinking mainly of US politicians who weren't presidents as they belong in a seperate category -   kind of like the French ones - Giscard d'Estaing being former President whereas the other two  (Delors/Le-Pen.) are just very well known politicians that didn't attain the Highest office.

Ex-rugby England and Lions player Alex Corbisiero has testicular cancer that has spread to his abdominal lymph modes. According to The Sun, "Corbisiero revealed he had a testicle removed after it swelled to the size of a small pumpkin".

image.thumb.png.676ca1a5e73fde4861a4bcf608f2426c.png

• Shocked 1

36 minutes ago, RolandDeschain said:

Yes I kind of forgot about him as well!  I was thinking mainly of US politicians who weren't presidents as they belong in a seperate category -   kind of like the French ones - Giscard d'Estaing being former President whereas the other two  (Delors/Le-Pen.) are just very well known politicians that didn't attain the Highest office.

Philippe de Gaulle who is 99 in December & a retired admiral as well as the only remaining child of President de Gaulle must be a worthy 2021 pick?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

Philippe de Gaulle who is 99 in December & a retired admiral as well as the only remaining child of President de Gaulle must be a worthy 2021 pick?

Surely he would fall into in the William H. Gates category of "worthy" picks.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Toast said:

Surely he would fall into in the William H. Gates category of "worthy" picks.

He is on my french team and Is quite famous in France, surely obitable but I agree that it would be odd to see him on the main list

• Like 1

What about Mary Costa who played Princess Aurora in the 1959 Disney version of the Little Mermaid? She's now 90. 

• Like 3