Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

On 31/12/2019 at 20:44, maryportfuncity said:

In one possible scenario a defeated Trump is obliged to hang on in office until January 2021 at which point it wouldn't be a total surprise if his final flight out of there on Airforce Two put down just in front of the law enforcement team preparing to arrest him once his presidential protection from them had worn off. How much of that treatment, including incarceration, an overweight narcissist in his mid-seventies with a fondness for burgers and a lurking suspicion he has no real friends could take is an interesting question.

Given the recent tax, er, issues that have come to light and his recent electoral defeat I wonder if we are all going to bow down to your prescience in a couple of months?

I'm impressed anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Will Doreen Mantle (Mrs Warboys) 95 next year be one step closer to be putting One Foot in the Grave 

I was coming to this thread to post about her after just watching an episode of Jonathan Creek she was in, how spooky.

Hilarious character in OFITG too

4 minutes ago, Beachy Head said:

I was coming to this thread to post about her after just watching an episode of Jonathan Creek she was in, how spooky.

Hilarious character in OFITG too

Totally agree with that comment! 

She was a sitter in the last series of Sky's "Portrait Artist Of The Year", and she seemed pretty spry.

8 hours ago, En Passant said:

Given the recent tax, er, issues that have come to light and his recent electoral defeat I wonder if we are all going to bow down to your prescience in a couple of months?

I'm impressed anyway.

Aye well, Google Cyrus Vance Jr + Trump, it's a possibility. 

Though where he's concerned...well, he may be finished with the presidency but he's not finished with the DL, eh?

6ix9ine ? drug problems, gang problems, recently "kidnapped" apparently, might be shoot like a lot of rappers these days…

• Like 2

Centenarian currently promoting his new book - just heard him on Radio Four

51HehSUQJ2L._SX309_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 3

Some ideas for 2021:

Gerd Müller; Diego Maradona; Bobby Charlton; Tony Brooks; Frank Williams; Agnes Keleti; Marsha Hunt; Sidney Poitier; Anne Buydens; Edmond H Fisher or Jack Steinberger or John B. Goodenough; Pope Benedict XVI; 

• Like 2

Peter Allis sounding very different on the BBC Masters coverage. Voice has gotten noticeably weaker might be one to really consider

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Peter Allis sounding very different on the BBC Masters coverage. Voice has gotten noticeably weaker might be one to really consider

He is much frailer now but bear in mind he is commentating from his home and not a professional sound booth at the event. Not sure if that affected anything re. the difference. 

How about John Boorman? Director of Deliverance, Excalibur and Zardoz (!) - 88 in January.

Richard Donner - director of Superman 1 and 2, the Lethal Weapon Series, The Lost Boys, The Omen and a lot more is 91 next year.

Roger Corman - world renowned film producer is 95 next April and seems very 'death-listy' (to me anyway).

Woody Allen as a long shot - 86 next year so just about at the age where he could be considered 

Just now, RolandDeschain said:

How about John Boorman? Director of Deliverance, Excalibur and Zardoz (!) - 88 in January.

Richard Donner - director of Superman 1 and 2, the Lethal Weapon Series, The Lost Boys, The Omen and a lot more is 91 next year.

Roger Corman - world renowned film producer is 95 next April and seems very 'death-listy' (to me anyway).

Woody Allen as a long shot - 86 next year so just about at the age where he could be considered 

Great suggestions, might I add Norman Jewison, director of In the Heat of the Night, turning 95 next year.

Criminals?

Francis Clifford Smith (b. 1924), serving a life sentence for 70 years. Longest time in prison ever if he lives around half a year. Probably not famous enough though but he's in some kind of a nursing home now.

Iwao Hakamada (b. 1936) Spent 46 years on death row. Suffers from mental problems and diabetes and doesn't look healthy.

Ayman Al-Zawahiri (b. 1950) Leader of al-Quaeda, but turning 70. Probably won't die a natural death though.

• Like 1

Johnny Mathis, turned 85 in September, could be a lucky pick next year. 

5 hours ago, arghton said:

Criminals?

Francis Clifford Smith (b. 1924), serving a life sentence for 70 years. Longest time in prison ever if he lives around half a year. Probably not famous enough though but he's in some kind of a nursing home now.

Iwao Hakamada (b. 1936) Spent 46 years on death row. Suffers from mental problems and diabetes and doesn't look healthy.

Ayman Al-Zawahiri (b. 1950) Leader of al-Quaeda, but turning 70. Probably won't die a natural death though.

Very dodgy sources reporting Al-Zawahiri dead. Bullshit, IMHO, but you never know.

7 hours ago, Marenghi said:

Peter Tobin would be a good choice to replace Sutcliffe with.

Aye, making that particular slot all killer and no filler!!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, making that particular slot all killer and no filler!!

Although that seems a little harsh on mssrs Johnny Clegg and Mark E Smith.

Still, we don't know for sure they weren't.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Bamber Gascoigne

Turns 86 in January 

I keep thinking he is dead for some reason. Same with 80 year old Roy Walker.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I keep thinking he is dead for some reason. Same with 80 year old Roy Walker.

Oddly enough that's why I popped him in here. Googled him out of curiosity thinking he was dead