Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ed Asner or Cloris Leachman on the 2021 DL. Also, legendary actor Paul Sorvino might be worth some consideration, he’s turning 82 next year and I only just found out he has had type 2 diabetes for nearly 15 years. 

What about Paul Rusesabagina, the hero of the movie Hotel Rwanda, portrayed there by Don Cheadle?

Now he's 66 years old, in prison and being accused of terrorism and possibly in ill health:

https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/international/rwanda-denies-rusesabaginas-health-is-deteriorating/

6 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Also, legendary actor Paul Sorvino might be worth some consideration, he’s turning 82 next year and I only just found out he has had type 2 diabetes for nearly 15 years. 

He might have moved slow, but it was only because he didn't have to move for anybody.

• Like 1

Cissy Houston (mother of Whitney Houston) who is a singer in her own right is still alive. She is 87 years old.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Cissy Houston (mother of Whitney Houston) who is a singer in her own right is still alive. She is 87 years old.

I just found out that she was Leontyne Price’s cousin, an other one who could be a great pick !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

What about Paul Rusesabagina, the hero of the movie Hotel Rwanda, portrayed there by Don Cheadle?

Now he's 66 years old, in prison and being accused of terrorism and possibly in ill health:

https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/international/rwanda-denies-rusesabaginas-health-is-deteriorating/

Two things I have learned since I started deadpooling:

1. Everybody in prison is in poor health, and should therefore be released immediately on compassionate grounds (according to their lawyers, who would never exaggerate).

2. They very rarely actually die.

• Like 3

Has Michael Schumacher been suggested yet? There hasn't been much news about him recently.

What about Buzz Aldrin? He's 90 and had some recent health issues. Plus would be a big name to miss 

Peter Alliss commentating on US Masters from home - his voice sounds terrible.

4 hours ago, MrSpud42 said:

Has Michael Schumacher been suggested yet? There hasn't been much news about him recently.

He's got his own thread, so he's on the radar.

Perhaps, it’s time for Jimmy Greaves and Mikhail Gorbachev to make a return. I feel Loretta Lynn is a mandatory returnee for next year, as is Jerry Lee Lewis. 

Joni Mitchell, Gladys Knight, Cleo Laine and Ozzy Osbourne might be other musicians to consider for 2021. Harry Belafonte should not be dropped and I feel Tony Bennett is worth keeping on for next year, as he could suddenly go like Charles Aznavour did. 

Hollywood types to consider for 2021 should include Lee Grant, Ryan O’Neal, Hal Holbrook and Estelle Parsons. Sidney Poitier should really be on the 2021 DL, Clint Eastwood should really not. 

• Like 2

With the amount of deaths that have happened this year there are lot of possibilities I can think of that can be added for 2021.

Musicians. Ozzy Osbourne (so surprised he is not on the list already), Brian May, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards.

Sports. Sir Bobby Charlton, Gerd Muller, Sir Frank Williams.

Hollywood/Film. Sidney Poitier, Sophia Loren, Michael Douglas, Angela Lansbury, James Earl Jones, John Williams.

Military and Space. Sir Tom Moore, Jim Lovell, Gene Kranz, Thomas Stafford, Hershel Williams (Medal Of Honor).

Other celebs who are very old, terminally ill or in poor health. George Shultz, Rush Limbaugh, Barbara Walters, Barbara Windsor.

With the amount of deaths that have happened this year there are lot of possibilities I can think of that can be added for 2021.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

Two things I have learned since I started deadpooling:

1. Everybody in prison is in poor health, and should therefore be released immediately on compassionate grounds (according to their lawyers, who would never exaggerate).

2. They very rarely actually die.

These were the most important lessons I learned early on, and I have no doubt that you're a future DDP champion.

• Thanks 1

I posted this a while ago, but this is a reminder that June Spencer turns 102 next year and is still in The Archers.

• Like 4

Sandy Gall has to return to the list next year, now aged 93 and with the huge wave of deaths lately, he could well be among the next. 

44 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I posted this a while ago, but this is a reminder that June Spencer turns 102 next year and is still in The Archers.

Surely she has not been heard since March - I can't imagine her being allowed back to work or recording lines at home.

11 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Perhaps, it’s time for Jimmy Greaves and Mikhail Gorbachev to make a return. I feel Loretta Lynn is a mandatory returnee for next year, as is Jerry Lee Lewis. 

Joni Mitchell, Gladys Knight, Cleo Laine and Ozzy Osbourne might be other musicians to consider for 2021. Harry Belafonte should not be dropped and I feel Tony Bennett is worth keeping on for next year, as he could suddenly go like Charles Aznavour did. 

Hollywood types to consider for 2021 should include Lee Grant, Ryan O’Neal, Hal Holbrook and Estelle Parsons. Sidney Poitier should really be on the 2021 DL, Clint Eastwood should really not. 

Gladys Knight seems in fairly decent health and is not at the age for non health related picks so not a pick for me.  I agree with the rest.

Nobel Prize winner Robert Solow, he turned 96, recently, and will be 97 next year.

Science has a few candidates: E.O. Wilson is 91, James Watson the DNA discoverer and racist is 92, and James Lovelock the pioneer of environmentalism and, er, cryogenics is 101. He surely goes next year unless he’s frozen himself. 

Politics, if he’s notable enough Mustafa Ben Halim was Prime Minister of Libya in the 1950s and is still going at 99, something of a national hero post-Gaddafi it seems.

Again if she meets the requirements, Rachel Robinson aka Mrs Jackie Robinson is still going at 98, and has a record in her own right as a campaigner. And Ben Ferencz is another lifelong campaigner after being the youngest lead prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials, and is now 100.

Entertainment, looking at people who have been active well into later life but finally seem to have gone quiet. I have Bernard Cribbins, now 91, and Cleo Laine at 93.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NBH said:

Science has a few candidates: E.O. Wilson is 91, James Watson the DNA discoverer and racist is 92, and James Lovelock the pioneer of environmentalism and, er, cryogenics is 101. He surely goes next year unless he’s frozen himself. 

Politics, if he’s notable enough Mustafa Ben Halim was Prime Minister of Libya in the 1950s and is still going at 99, something of a national hero post-Gaddafi it seems.

Again if she meets the requirements, Rachel Robinson aka Mrs Jackie Robinson is still going at 98, and has a record in her own right as a campaigner. And Ben Ferencz is another lifelong campaigner after being the youngest lead prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials, and is now 100.

Entertainment, looking at people who have been active well into later life but finally seem to have gone quiet. I have Bernard Cribbins, now 91, and Cleo Laine at 93.

James Watson is not a racist. That whole thing got blown way out of proportion and it shows how oversensitive people have become on anything concerning race and how we can’t have a mature conversation about it without resorting to finger pointing and name calling. One of his studies looked at genetic differences between different races, and one factor he looked at was measures of intelligence. Now, I’m all for calling out racists when pseudo science is concerned e.g. social Darwinism employed by the Nazis, but when a study uses true scientific method, we can’t simply refuse to acknowledge its findings because we don’t like the results and then the general conclusions arrived from it. Ofc it was ONE study, and there have been many, and MOST of them say that there are no significant differences in intellect between races. However, is it really hard to believe that there COULD be? For millennia many groups of humans were completely isolated from one another on this planet. It follows that they would have evolved separately and differently according to thousands of situational factors. Anyway, I don’t believe in shooting the messenger. It is the job of scientists to uncover the truth. Facts don’t care about feelings at the end of the day.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Nah. James Watson is a racist.

Evidence?