Nigel Lawson (1932)

Chuck Grassley (1933)

Tom Baker (1934)

F. W. de Klerk (1936)

Tommy Chong (1938)

Jimmy Tarbuck (1940)

De Klerk is definitely in my "I thought he'd died several years ago" list 

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

I used to see Mondale quite frequently as I'd often drive past the grocery store that he frequents on my way from work. However in the past couple of years he hasn't been out and about quite as often. 

Bob Dole is still a better bet in the battle of the 1976 Vice Presidential candidates 

12 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Bob Dole is still a better bet in the battle of the 1976 Vice Presidential candidates 

I don't live anywhere near Dole, so was purely making a comment regarding Mondale

I'm sure he'll have been mentioned before but Francis Ford Coppola (1939) looks a lot thinner here than he was only a few years ago.

3 hours ago, Phantom said:

I used to see Mondale quite frequently as I'd often drive past the grocery store that he frequents on my way from work. However in the past couple of years he hasn't been out and about quite as often. 

Fair observation, although I'd say that's fairly understandable, I doubt there are many 90-odd year olds who do all their own shopping, whether because they've got people happy to help them or because of ill health (which isn't always clear). It is, of course, perfectly feasible that he dies next year, but I don't know if the Committee would add him to a list that already includes Carter, Dole and Kissinger (all of whom I assume are certs to reappear). Next year, I'd guess we'd lose Carter and (surely?) Dole, in which case I think there'd be a spot available for Mondale in 2022. If Carter dies before year's end, I think Mondale would be a nice, and clever, replacement.

3 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Fair observation, although I'd say that's fairly understandable, I doubt there are many 90-odd year olds who do all their own shopping, whether because they've got people happy to help them or because of ill health (which isn't always clear). It is, of course, perfectly feasible that he dies next year, but I don't know if the Committee would add him to a list that already includes Carter, Dole and Kissinger (all of whom I assume are certs to reappear). Next year, I'd guess we'd lose Carter and (surely?) Dole, in which case I think there'd be a spot available for Mondale in 2022. If Carter dies before year's end, I think Mondale would be a nice, and clever, replacement.

He'd be with a nurse / home help and he'd be in a wheelchair. His daughter used to help him before she fell ill due to cancer. 

• Like 1

Ideas:

Definitely:

Beverly Clearly (104)

Rush Limbaugh (69) *terminal cancer

Harvey Weinstein (68) *gained many illnesses lately

Rosemary Harris (93)

Sir Bobby Charlton (83)

Maybe:

Walter Mondale (92)

Rosalyn Carter (93)

Robert Duvall (89)

Bill Cosby (81)

Don King (89)

Diego Maradona (60) *has had a stroke

Remove:
Dick Cheney (79)

8 minutes ago, sheldondinkleberg said:

Ideas:

Definitely:

Rosemary Harris (93)

Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with this Rosemary Harris? Genuinely had never heard of her before about a week ago (although it turns out I do know her work in the Spiderman films) but now she's been mentioned three times in this thread and has her own thread started a few days ago...despite there being absolutely nothing wrong with her as far as we know (I get it, she's 93). Am I missing something? :huh:

I'd be tempted to suggest many of the mentions come from recent forum joiners, but I choose not to become part of the tinfoil hat brigade and take people on face value.

• Like 1

Rosemary Harris succeed Diana Rigg as Mrs Higgins in My Fair Lady on Broadway a couple of years back, Wouldn’t have found that many people expecting her to outline Diana despite Diana having known health issues, 

How about Canadian singer Raymond Lévesque for the 2021 DL?

He’s turning 93 next year and he sang one of my favourite songs “Quand Les Hommes Vivront d’amour”.

One I would really love to see on the list is Iris Apfel, turning 100 next year, still active, fashion icon and surely obitable. Maybe a great name to replace the four centenarians we lost this year 

Michael Collins (1930)

Philip Baker Hall (1931)

John Williams (1932)

Jerry Lee Lewis (1935)

Keith Richards (1943)

I don’t think Keith Richards is going off on his way any time soon. He seems to be in decent shape, got at least five years ahead I’d say. 

14 hours ago, sheldondinkleberg said:

Ideas:

Definitely:

Beverly Clearly (104)

Rush Limbaugh (69) *terminal cancer

Harvey Weinstein (68) *gained many illnesses lately

Rosemary Harris (93)

Sir Bobby Charlton (83)

Maybe:

Walter Mondale (92)

Rosalyn Carter (93)

Robert Duvall (89)

Bill Cosby (81)

Don King (89)

Diego Maradona (60) *has had a stroke

Remove:
Dick Cheney (79)

Not sure about moving Cheney.Normally I would say yes but with Covid ravaging the US he is in danger due to his heart transplant.

There are many possible additions to next year DL and I'm sure many interesting names will pop up.

I'd like to recommend former Chinese president Jiang Zemin, also known as the Toad. He will turn 95 and is really overdue. Plenty of serious health issues, rumours floating around continuosly and the evident failure to appear at the last plenum may suggest it is his time. No one would be surprised at all, it's something which has been expected in his country for a long time. That's why I strongly suggest him.

Beverly Cleary gets recommended each year and never gets put on. The year they finally do she’ll go. 

• Like 1

Its more hope than actual ilness, unfortunately, but how about former mayor of NY and lawyer to the corrupt Rudy Giuliani

1 minute ago, Wee Jum said:

Its more hope than actual ilness, unfortunately, but how about former mayor of NY and lawyer to the corrupt Rudy Giuliani

Nah, Guiliani is immortal. He’ll never die cause he’s a reptile: 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Nah, Guiliani is immortal. He’ll never die cause he’s a reptile: 

If there is any NYC mayor dying anytime soon it’s definitely David Dinkins.

Some names I'd like to see on the list for 2021:

Burt Bacharach 

Bernard Cribbens 

Gina Lollobrigida 

Mohammed Al Fayed 

Dame Joan Plowright 

All of them over 90, so could go any time, and all of them would be big misses if they went without inclusion (ok, maybe not Cribbens).

• Thanks 1

I think we should consider Robert Redford for a wild card. The legend will be 85 next year and recently heartbroken by the death of his son. 

How about Agent 99 herself, Barbara Feldon?

• Like 1