Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

On 28/06/2020 at 18:23, msc said:

Bez and Shaun look like they're running their own personal DL sweepstake on recent Celeb Goggleboxes.

celebrity-gogglebox-bez-shaun-ryder-1562

Neither of these are going anytime soon - I saw the Happy Mondays before Christmas and then went to An Evening with Shaun Ryder in January - Bez’s knees are shot to fuck and Shaun looks like a bag of shite but neither looked 2020-pointsworthy. 

• Like 2

Everyone's favorite preaching toupee Ernest Angley turns 100 in 2021

Pierre Cardin

Prince Andrew Romanov 

Ghislaine Maxwell

Pat Robertson

Walter Mondale

Dennis Hastert 

Someone I would have chosen died yesterday - Chiu Chuang-huan.

He was Vice Premier of Taiwan from 1981 to 1984. Died of pneumonia. Possibly another for the coronavirus list?

• Angry 1

Well... not sure if I am telling something universally known or not.. but, you know, Shaun Ryder, he did have a cancer scare during lockdown, something benign on his testicles:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8400815/Shaun-Ryder-reveals-faced-cancer-scare-lockdown-benign-growth-testicle.html

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Well... not sure if I am telling something universally known or not.. but, you know, Shaun Ryder, he did have a cancer scare during lockdown, something benign on his testicles:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8400815/Shaun-Ryder-reveals-faced-cancer-scare-lockdown-benign-growth-testicle.html

Benign things won't spread, if I remember correctly. Unlikely to die next year in my opinion - he probably just is ill from the benign one!

My family has always had a feeling Charles won't make it to be King. And for some reason I feel like next year may be the year...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

My family has always had a feeling Charles won't make it to be King. And for some reason I feel like next year may be the year...

Doubt he will die next year but I don’t think he will live anywhere near as long as his parents i bet he lives till his early 80’s so maybe another 10 years so will say 2030.

If the Queen lives another 10 years not impossible at 104 (her Alkie mother lived to be almost 102), she will be Queen in name only as I doubt she will ever abdicate. If Queen does live that long would an 80 odd year old Charles really be put in charge even if he does live that long I personally doubt it as he would be too old will probably be past onto William though if you have waited 80 odd years for the job you will probably take it no matter the circumstances. It all depends on how long the Queen lingers on for.

• Like 1

Yep. If Lizzie lives as long as her mother that would leave Charlie 80 more or less when he ascends to the throne. He'll be King in name only. William will be doing most of the leg work.  In which case surely would make sense for it to pass straight to William

• Like 1

I think Eric Carle of the Very Hungry Caterpillar fame who has just turned 91 would be a good name for next year's list if he's still alive by then 

• Like 3

Hu Qili, the last living Politburo Standing Committee member during Tienanmen, who notoriously cried for the protests and was the only one, along with Zhao Ziyang, to vote against the martial law, is 90 and was gravely ill two years ago. A modern hero.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2020 at 17:06, drol said:

Shah Ahmad Shafi in critical conditions with heart failure and lung infection. One of the most important Islamist leaders in Bangladesh, he will turn 104 later this year and his health has been steadily declining in recent times.

Shafi was once again in a critical condition last month and plans of succession were made. Anyway he was somehow discharged. Can't wait for another good riddance...

• Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 21:11, Dying Probably said:

Benign things won't spread, if I remember correctly. Unlikely to die next year in my opinion - he probably just is ill from the benign one!

The whole point of fronting a band is to get something benign on your bollocks! ^_^

• Haha 1

Who knew there was a 98 year old Scottish international rugby player alive? I didn't.

Logie Bruce Lockhart played rugby for Scotland from 1948 to 1953 after serving in the Second World War. He then became headmaster of Greshams for 30 years and taught James Dyson. He now writes books on everything from education policy to fishing in the Highlands to just being very very old. Here's a picture of him from last summer.

_107427444_sirjamesdysonlogiebruce-lockh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

The whole point of fronting a band is to get something benign on your bollocks! ^_^

Ain't that the truth :D

Top 10 suggestions for next years list

1)Barbara Windsor

2)George Alagiah

3)John Hume

4)Ted Turner

5)Stuart Wheeler

6)Wilford Brimley

7) Doddie Weir

8)Frankie Banali

9)John Lewis 

10)Trevor Peacock

• Like 4

On 07/07/2020 at 01:11, Sean said:

Top 10 suggestions for next years list

1)Barbara Windsor

2)George Alagiah

3)John Hume

4)Ted Turner

5)Stuart Wheeler

6)Wilford Brimley

7) Doddie Weir

8)Frankie Banali

9)John Lewis 

10)Trevor Peacock

Is number 9 the department store or the US politician? Not a bad suggestion either way following this week's store closures. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Is number 9 the department store or the US politician? Not a bad suggestion either way following this week's store closures. 

US Politician.He has more chance of seeing next year than the store.

As a successor for Henry Kissinger, should he ever leave this plane for Baator, what about Donald Rumsfeld, now 88?

On 10/07/2020 at 23:55, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Former President of Argentina Isabel Peron turns 90 next February 

Deleted.

EDIT: Ahaha, I read next "Friday"!

Interesting article about the 8 people who locked themselves up in an Arizona glasshouse and lived for 2 years in their own independent biosphere ("Biosphere 2"):

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jul/13/spaceship-earth-arizona-biosphere-2-lockdown

The initiator of the project, John P. Allen, is still alive at 91:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._Allen

• Like 1

On 18/06/2020 at 12:15, TomTomTelekom said:

After almost all centenarians on the official DL have died in the last months (Kirk, Javier Perez, Vera Lynn), we may need 2-3 new ones as a substitution for next years DL?! what about Capt. Tom Moore, Boris Pahor or Norman Lloyd, household names that are all obitable for sure if they survive this year end...

Bringing this one back, I suggest Marsha Hunt, an actress, known for roles in many quite old films, including 1939's Long Shot as well as 1944's Bride by Mistake.

• Like 1

Prediction: Captain Tom will get the DL call-up next year. 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 00:49, 3trosso said:

Ghislaine Maxwell

That's a prediction that is very damn likely. "Hide Donald and Prince Andrew some more by bumping myself off" is likely her current thought process.