Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

Watching some 1960's music programme reminds me Berry Gordy is 90 now - still in decent health as far as I can tell but a A+ name of music and a deathlisty name.

• Like 1

MLB manager Ron Gardenhire of the Detroit Tigers has resigned effective immediately due to "health reasons"

1 hour ago, Captain Hemlock said:

MLB manager Ron Gardenhire of the Detroit Tigers has resigned effective immediately due to "health reasons"

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/detroit-tigers-ron-gardenhire-retirement-1.5731453

Gardenhire, who has battled cancer and diabetes, recently missed a couple games because of stomach issues.

On 11/01/2020 at 10:54, gcreptile said:

Well, after falling down into a Wikipedia rabbit hole with Sultan Qaboos and the House of Said....

... the last Sultan of Zanzibar Jamshid bin Abdullah, is still alive (born 1929) and lives in Portsmouth, UK, because why not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamshid_bin_Abdullah_of_Zanzibar

Now the Sultan of Zanzibar leaves the UK to spend his "last days" in the country of his ancestors:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/sep/20/so-long-southsea-last-sultan-of-zanzibar-quits-uk-after-56-years-in-exile

• Like 4

On 20/05/2020 at 11:49, drol said:

The loss of a good number of immortals this year prompts me to underline how a new generation of them is emerging.

1)Syed Ahmed Ali Shah Geelani (1929): suffered from heart failure and recurrent pneumonia for the last bunch of years. Reported dead or on the brik of death many times.

2)Lee Teng-hui (1923): Has been in hospital for months. He survived a severe cerebral hemorrhage last year and has suffered from a large number of ailments.

3)Thich Nhat Hanh (1926): Reported to be dying almost two years ago, he is still being wheeled out each day. Stroke survivor and also manages recurrent pneumonia with ease.

4)Sumner Redstone (1923): Has been a vegetable for years and reportedly bedridden and incredibly frail. Still he persists.

5)Stanley Ho (1921): Every day thousands of money are spent by his family to keep him alive at Hong Kong Sanatorium. Cerebral hemorrhage survivor and has suffered from multiple organ failure, which he survived gleefully. Reported to be "on the brink of death" in January.

6)Balbir Singh, Sr. (1923): Well, you all know him. He survived just everything. Every time we see him bouncing back we think "Is this  fucking joke?", but it isn't.

7)Mikis Theodorakis (1925): A greek copycat of Dilip Kumar, fat, obese and suffering from heart failure. Always about to die, but never does.

8)Dilip Kumar (1922): Probably the last original immortal still alive.

9)Fauja Singh (1911): He is not the man he used to be. His health is slowly declining both physically and mentally wahtever his real age is. Does not look so invincible as he did.

10)Nobby Stiles (1942): Suffering from just everything for years and yet surviving a lot of teammamtes. Amazing.

11)Everton Weekes (1925): It has been in and out of hospital for him since that massive heart attack from June and could have spent months there. 

12)Gigi Simoni (1939): Has been in a coma for over a year, and no sign his condition is deteriorating.

13)Monica Vitti aka Joanne Woodward (1931/1930): Been in the late stages of dementia for damn years. Still seem undestructible.

14)Leslie Phillips (1924): More a cadaver than a person.

Thich Nhat Hanh's health has declined again and he has completely lost his appetite. He has somehow improved now (oh, immortals!) but his next birthday is widely expected to be his last.

On 18/08/2020 at 13:01, Steve said:

As I am recovering from my Covid scare I’m sitting here bored so thought I would throw my hat in the ring and predict what the full 2021 death list may look like should these candidates even make it to the starting line. I am also NOT saying that this will be my shadow list. 1) Prince Philip (DofE), 2) Captain Tom Moore, 3) Shannon Doherty, 4) Nobby Stiles, 5) Linda Nolan, 6) Leon Spinks, 7) James Whale, 8) George Alagiah, 9) Bob Barker, 10) Henry Kissinger, 11) Ruth Bader Ginsberg, 12) Barbara Windsor, 13) Clarissa Eden, 14) Bob Dole, 15) Jimmy Carter, 16) Leslie Phillips, 17) Pope Benedict XVI, 18) Willie Nelson, 19) Loretta Lynn, 20) Peter Sutcliffe, 21) Joanne Woodward, 22)  David Crosby, 23) Jacques Delors, 24) Alex Trebek, 25) Glynis Johns, 26) James Lovelock, 27) Placido Domingo, 28) Jimmy Greaves, 29) Beverly Cleary, 30)  Carlos Menem, 31) Pierre Cardin, 32)  Robert Fyfe, 33) Rosalynn Carter, 34) Mikhail Gorbachev, 35) Buzz Aldrin, 36) Rhonda Fleming, 37) Diego Maradona, 38) Imelda Marcos, 39) Stephen Sondheim, 40) Ric Flair, 41) Harry Belafonte, 42) Prunella Scales, 43) Dick Cheney, 44) Rolf Harris, 45) Angela Lansbury, 46) Dennis Skinner, 47) Dilip Kumar, 48) Sean Connery, 49) Betty White, 50) Dick Van Dyke

I am going to replace position number 11 with Gene Hackman

• Like 1

Dilip Kumar should be on the list if he survives the next two months.

Nobel prize winner, Finnish president Martti Ahtisaari is someone I'm keeping an eye on. 83, obese, has had health problems for around 25 years, he and his wife had the coronavirus a few months ago and doesn't appear in public often nowadays.

On 17/09/2020 at 23:18, Ulitzer95 said:

I follow Jackie Stallone on Instagram (yes, I'm really that sad). She posts content quite regularly, including videos of her working out at her home gym. I know she survived a heart attack a few years ago but I'd say she maybe has a few years left in her yet. Let's not fall into the trap of just sticking people on the DL because they're old. Made that mistake too many times up until now.

Much less than a few years!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8758381/Sylvester-Stallones-mother-Jackie-passes-away-age-98.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 17/09/2020 at 17:18, Ulitzer95 said:

I follow Jackie Stallone on Instagram (yes, I'm really that sad). She posts content quite regularly, including videos of her working out at her home gym. I know she survived a heart attack a few years ago but I'd say she maybe has a few years left in her yet. Let's not fall into the trap of just sticking people on the DL because they're old. Made that mistake too many times up until now.

Am afraid that this falls into the Deathlist Forums school of wrong predictions. Includes the great predictions of Death Impends on Abe Vigoda, Life Is Beautiful on Fats Domino, pretty much every prediction iain made, etc...

She actually had stopped posting in July.

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Am afraid that this falls into the Deathlist Forums school of wrong predictions. Includes the great predictions of Death Impends on Abe Vigoda, Life Is Beautiful on Fats Domino, pretty much every prediction iain made, etc...

To be fair, it’s reported that she died in her sleep. Considering she was 2 months shy of 99, not exactly unheard of at that age to just slip away, but I can’t see any evidence that she was ill.

On 22/09/2020 at 09:23, Ulitzer95 said:

To be fair, it’s reported that she died in her sleep. Considering she was 2 months shy of 99, not exactly unheard of at that age to just slip away, but I can’t see any evidence that she was ill.

"Ill?" well, I get your point but d'ya think maybe she qualified for a wee bit of narcissistic personality disorder, or summat? 

• Haha 1

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 04:28, Joey Russ said:

I think someone predicted Leah Bracknell could live a few more years the day before it was announced that she had been dead for a month. 

But it's not on the Leah Bracknell thread so maybe I just imagined it?

EDIT: Ah it was Ebless in 'Thoughts and Opinions on the Death List 2019'.

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 17:36, ebless said:

My current verdicts as we enter the final quarter of the year and with Ginger gone. 

Leah Bracknell - Continues to defy the odds, could see 2021 let alone 2020. 

• Haha 4

Alan Arkin

The 86 year old Oscar winning actor is not returning for the 3rd season of the Netflix Series  "The Kominsky Method". Possibly for health reasons?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Don't Fear The Reaper said:

I can't find anything on Boston guitarist and songwriter Tom Scholz. 73 And almost nothing in 3 years.

Boston took 8 years to record their third album (1978-1986)

47 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Boston took 8 years to record their third album (1978-1986)

The last public appearance he did was for a local TV station 2 years ago where he seemed pretty frail. Besides that nothing for 3 years. Would maybe be a good DDP pick.

I was looking up famous medical professionals and ended up with the following:

• Russell M. Nelson - 96 - Current president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
  • Gazi Yaşargil - 95 - Regarded as one of the greatest neurosurgeons in the modern age

Nigerian religious leader Olumba Olumba Obu, leader of a religion called "Brotherhood of the Cross and Star" he founded in the 50s is apparently 101/102 now (if we believe him) and apparently still leads his religious group that's about him being a reincarnated jesus.

https://www.bcs-uk.org/

Based on pictures from a few years ago i doubt he's over 100

5 minutes ago, arghton said:

Nigerian religious leader Olumba Olumba Obu, leader of a religion called "Brotherhood of the Cross and Star" he founded in the 50s is apparently 101/102 now (if we believe him) and apparently still leads his religious group that's about him being a reincarnated jesus.

https://www.bcs-uk.org/

Based on pictures from a few years ago i doubt he's over 100

Judging by this and mainly this he died in 2003. In fact they are perpetrating a big fraud by insisting he is still alive and immortal.

what do you think of Ghislaine Maxwell ? I'm beginning to create my shadowlist for 2021 and I find myself quite lost about her fate in 2021… 

UK author Rose Tremain, 77, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-road-home-author-rose-tremain-on-cancer-family-and-her-new-novel-islands-of-mercy-h6252vflf

More details are hidden behind a paywall, but she continues writing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

UK author Rose Tremain, 77, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-road-home-author-rose-tremain-on-cancer-family-and-her-new-novel-islands-of-mercy-h6252vflf

More details are hidden behind a paywall, but she continues writing.

Had the Whipple, turned down chemo as it would stop her writing. Told cancer will come back worse "within 2-5 years". One to watch, then.

• Like 3