DeathClock

John Lewis

18 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

John Lewis on the George Floyd protests:

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/rep-john-lewis-calls-for-peaceful-protests-as-outrage-over-george-floyd-s-death-grows-84136005651

Firm voice, but no pictures. With him, and Harry Reid (and RBG), I wonder if they just want to hold on long enough to see Trump getting defeated.

Everyone should want that.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Book said:

Everyone should want that.

It's well documented that people tend to hold on for major events like birthdays and christmases.

I wonder if anyone has ever done that analysis for elections? 

On 31/05/2020 at 13:50, gcreptile said:

John Lewis on the George Floyd protests:

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/rep-john-lewis-calls-for-peaceful-protests-as-outrage-over-george-floyd-s-death-grows-84136005651

Firm voice, but no pictures. With him, and Harry Reid (and RBG), I wonder if they just want to hold on long enough to see Trump getting defeated.

i mean RBG at least has straight up said right after thee 2016 elections that she refuses to die until Trump is out, whether that means one or 2 terms.

Well, John Lewis makes his first photographed public appearance of any kind via an interview on Good Morning. It certainly looks like treatment has taken a toll on him, as he looks frailer than he did before. But given he doesn’t sound terrible, and he was well enough to do that interview, probably going to be somewhat stable for the next few months...

That does not sound very assuring. Something obviously requires him to rest. Is it the treatment or the cancer itself?

This sounds like the classic "celebrity is on death bed but gets announced as dead by telephone whispers" case, a Ray Price. I give him until Friday.

• Sad 1

I mean, if a congresswoman thought that Lewis has died even though he wasn’t at the time...

Spade might be on to something. 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

I mean, if a congresswoman thought that Lewis has died even though he wasn’t at the time...

Spade might be on to something. 

I agree.  

On 11/07/2020 at 14:43, Spade_Cooley said:

This sounds like the classic "celebrity is on death bed but gets announced as dead by telephone whispers" case, a Ray Price. I give him until Friday.

Spade got it right on the nose.

Had a feeling his case would be a bit quicker than some of the other pancan, and especially after he didn’t show up to cast votes for a few months I thought he’d go sooner rather than later. Definitely a sad loss though. RIP to him.

• Like 1

Big news in the state that probably won’t get much attention due to covid. R.I.P.

Closing his store in Croydon broke his heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, this is what wakes you up when you leave CNN running on the telly. A huge loss to America.

EdLiU69UcAIc-N7.jpg.9c87c862e7063a0c368b2d3d2e3e3061.jpg

Two of the people in this picture died on the same day.

RIP to the thirteenth hit on my personal list.

• Like 1

Death of one of the greatest icons in the civil rights struggle.His funeral will no doubt energise the BlackLivesMatter protests. Big question is how will the idiot in chief respond? Can he resist the temptation for once to not say something offensive and imflammatory?

PS he was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer on dec 29.How could he not be on this years list? :facepalm:

• Like 1

One of the good guys, and he fought hard against Trump and his cronies- he will be sorely missed over here!

Unsurprisingly, BBC obit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, this is what wakes you up when you leave CNN running on the telly. A huge loss to America.

Same here ! Fortunately was able to use the live tv rewind function to see the point where the news first broke ! 

On the bright side any hopes Trump had that the Black Lives Matter protests would fade in the run up to the election have just ended.The contrast between Lewis's quiet dignity and strength and Trumps loud mouthed offensive crap could not be more stark. Surely black people will turn out in record numbers to kick Trumps big orange butt out of the White House !