Sign in to follow this  
Putin

Best Star wars movie

Best Star Wars movie  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that episode IX is out, what is the best Star Wars Movie out of all 12

I voted for Episode V for 1st place. Second place for me is Rouge One. Third place is Episode VI. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

I voted for Episode V for 1st place. Second place for me is Rouge One. Third place is Episode VI. 

Rogue One is excellent. I have a soft spot for A New Hope because it was so original but ESB is the best.

• Like 1

Anyone who selects The Clone Wars needs a lobotomy.....

EDIT: To clarify anyone who watches The Clone Wars needs a lobotomy too. It does not belong in a Star Wars marathon (I've walked out of an Star Wars marathon after someone informed me Clone Wars was up next...... just why...... can only assume it was designed as a break )

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Rogue One is excellent. I have a soft spot for A New Hope because it was so original but ESB is the best.

Loved the scene at the end of Rogue One when Darth Vader took Down all the rebels. One of the best moments in the franchise With Darth Vader

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kinnock said:

Anyone who selects The Clone Wars needs a lobotomy.....

Agree. The Movie sucked, but the tv show was really good though.

Going this afternoon to see Rise of Skywalker

I canny wait

I will decide the best film after I have been to the cinema

• Like 1

Can't honestly say I have seen anything after III.

However, Carrie Fisher touching up an 11yo Warwick Davis in a cosplay kind of erotica?

NONE. NEVER WATCHED ANY OF IT,AND NEVER WILL.

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor closely followed by Star Wars: The Holiday Special.

• Like 1

I only ever watched the first one, back when it came out.  It was OK but it was a one-off as far as we knew.  There was a long delay before a sequel, and I hadn't been gripped enough by the original to get sucked in.

Star Wars is OK. Empire Strikes Back is a bunch of badly fit together set pieces remembered for the big family tree plot point. Phantom Menace is fucking dire. Attack of the Clones is dull and wasted a perfectly good plot. Revenge of the Sith becomes quite good once Anakin turns evil.  Force Awakens is alright. Rogue One is perfectly fine. Not seen the other new ones yet.

Best is Return of the Jedi by far. An evil Nazi empire are defeated by a bunch of grumpy teddy bears. What's not to love? :D

• Like 1

Episode v. I've only saw 4,5,6. Others have recommended I don't watch any others.

hard to choose the top one

from the original its New Hope IV

from the prequels Attack of the Clones  yes some scenes suck and the acting is not all that but the final battle did it for me and Christopher Lee was not bad nor was Yoda in the after battle 

from the sequels the Rise of Skywalker the other two I felt did not work and it was a pleasant surprise

rogue one is brilliant

Loved Empire but voted Rogue One as it's still the only film Disney have made that I've actually watched a few times after it left the cinema.
As someone above said, the scene at the end of Rogue One of Vaders murderous mayhem is 25 seconds of pure joy.

In my "Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy DDP team I've added Rian Johnson this year... more in hope than actually thinking he'll be a hit, after what he did with The Last Jedi.
RoS was surprisingly not as shit as I thought it would be. Good nods to nostalgia and the original trilogy which probably bought the support of many my age lol!

I haven't seen Episode 9 yet (and, due to how well I personally rate episodes 7 and 8, will probably be unlikely to until it appears on terrestrial television) but my vote was for The Empire Strikes Back, with the original Star Wars as a close second. Return Of The Jedi was OK, but not in the same league as the original two...

The prequel films weren't a patch on the originals from the late 70's - early 80's...

Rogue One, however, I thought was decent. As for the dire Solo film, though - that was around 2 hours of my life I'll never get back again...

• Like 1

A fine example of a shit thread.

What next? The Best Alien Film?

The Best choccy in a Celebrations tub?

Utter bollocks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Utter bollocks.

Would you prefer we did some chatting about good old Doctor Who? The new series is an improvement after all, hang on i'll go and bump that thread the Who haters started.....

• Like 1

Just now, Kinnock said:

Would you prefer we did some chatting about good old Doctor Who? The new series is an improvement after all, hang on i'll go and bump that thread the Who haters started.....

The new series was preachy shit which spent more time tut tutting at the British Empires wrong doings ( like we didn't fucking know already) than doing what Dr Who used to do so well, entertain us with Daleks, Cybermen and that utterly filthy Camille Couduri.

That's the Beeb all over, bunch of preachy left wing cunts that are so far off of the pace it is embarrassing.

We just wanna be entertained FFS!!!!!!!

The fact that there are so many bastard Star War films to choose from says that the owners of the franchise milked it considerably more than even you have done with your cock.

I'd even go as far to say that you cock is probably more entertaining, well a sock told me it was.:D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The new series was preachy shit which spent more time tut tutting at the British Empires wrong doings ( like we didn't fucking know already) than doing what Dr Who used to do so well, entertain us with Daleks, Cybermen and that utterly filthy Camille Couduri.

That's the Beeb all over, bunch of preachy left wing cunts that are so far off of the pace it is embarrassing.

We just wanna be entertained FFS!!!!!!!

The fact that there are so many bastard Star War films to choose from says that the owners of the franchise milked it considerably more than even you have done with your cock.

I'd even go as far to say that you cock is probably more entertaining, well a sock told me it was.:D

Either you were a kid when the classic episodes aired and didn't spot the political themes and political satires that have always run through the show or your fucking dense.......

Yes, they could do with toning down some of the 'preachy left wing' stuff as you put it...... but the overall show is still good. And I suggest you go and watch the first episode of the new series the silhouttes are a bloody good monster. And a time honoured favorite villain dating back to the old  is back....

Also if Gridlock or The Lazarus experiment didn't entertain you  there's no hope......

Oh and yes Disney are milking Star Wars the same way EON milk James Bond or Disney milk Marvel.... it sells.....

And talking to socks? We've always though you were bonkers not clinically insane? :lol:

15 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Those Maltesers truffle type things. Lovely.

As you were...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Either you were a kid when the classic episodes aired and didn't spot the political themes and political satires that have always run through the show or your fucking dense.......

Yes, they could do with toning down some of the 'preachy left wing' stuff as you put it...... but the overall show is still good. And I suggest you go and watch the first episode of the new series the silhouttes are a bloody good monster. And a time honoured favorite villain dating back to the old  is back....

Also if Gridlock or The Lazarus experiment didn't entertain you  there's no hope......

Oh and yes Disney are milking Star Wars the same way EON milk James Bond or Disney milk Marvel.... it sells.....

And talking to socks? We've always though you were bonkers not clinically insane? :lol:

Ah, Political satire, eh?

Yeah, the may well have been Political themes contained therein but they were far more subtle and didn't try to batter you over the head with them.

As for fucking dense, I'd suggest that anybody who thinks that the latest Political and social commentary is comparable to the commentary of old is the dense twat.

As for 'the milking of' Bond evolved, sort of, where Star Wars is just Star Wars, like, umm, crap.

So there. :)

8 hours ago, msc said:

Those Maltesers truffle type things. Lovely.

As you were...

Fuck chocolate.

I am all done with it for, at least, six months now.

• Haha 1

On 02/01/2020 at 22:41, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Utter bollocks.

Galaxy caramel/ galaxy? Galaxy for me is the best chocolate on the market.  I love celebrations but my wife prefers quality street. So we buy one each. Still doesn't stop her raiding the celebrations though. :o

1 minute ago, the_engineer said:

Galaxy caramel/ galaxy? Galaxy for me is the best chocolate on the market.  I love celebrations but my wife prefers quality street. So we buy one each. Still doesn't stop her raiding the celebrations though. :o

Good shout (for 2nd best of course). Although, mileage varies, but there's nothing worse than seeing a box of Celebrations, putting a hand in for a random selection, and bringing out 3 or 4 Snickers bars.