Grim Reaper

Daniel arap Moi

On 21/01/2020 at 22:24, gcreptile said:

Question, is it "moi" as in the french "L'état, c'est moi", or is it "moi" as in "boy"/"toy"..you know, like, english?

I think of it as french.

I hope it's the French otherwise my hilarious arapmoiphobia joke doesn't work as well.

52 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Arap Moi has his own thread already.

The site hasn’t updated because it’s still 5 something in the morning and only sad sacks like me are up and about.

Because we all live in the same time zone.....or are you referring only to sad sacks time zones.   FWIW TQM I work 6p-6a so if I can be honourary member of Sad Sacks it would be greatly appreciated.

SC

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Because we all live in the same time zone.....or are you referring only to sad sacks time zones.   FWIW TQM I work 6p-6a so if I can be honourary member of Sad Sacks it would be greatly appreciated.

SC

Of course, sad sack in this time zone, how awfully UK-centric of me. You’re very welcome to label yourself Sad Sack Minus 5. (or whatever time it is?)

The Quim Meaper

Apparently he was relevant enough across the world that #ripmoi is somehow trending worldwide on Twitter 

I'm off to a good start in my annual death pool draft contest with my buddies, with Chris Doleman and arap Moi dying.  Those were my two most confident picks, but still, not bad.  As a 4-person group, we've hit on 3 deaths total so far, and I've hit two of them.  Terry Jones was the other hit.

Actually the hashtag trending should be #fuckmoi, but I'll appreciate it anyway. 

Well, you never know the world! You go to hospital for a check-up and die after three months on life support. A very pleasant hit, and wish it will be followed by Mubarak and Bouteflika. 

Lee Njiru, Moi's official spokesman, has announced Moi was actually 102 or 103. Obviously a truckload of bullshit as everything he said in three months, as Moi's birthdays were regularly celebrated throughout his life. 

4 minutes ago, drol said:

Actually the hashtag trending should be #fuckmoi, but I'll appreciate it anyway.

:lol:

But yes, always preferable to see the DL get a hit on a complete cunt over some of the nicer picks if there's a chance.

• Like 1

You know how people were comparing 2020 deaths to 2016 deaths the other week? Kobe to Bowie, etc. With arap Moi's family saying he was okay two days before his death, he clearly is this year's Abe Vigoda (though without the comedic timing from yours truly...).

• Haha 1

45 point position in my HPDP line up, it's 4 Feb and I've only got six of that squad of ten left alive - granted Belso's lack of obit thus far hasn't made that performance as impressive as it might but at this rate I could still do ten dead. 

One of the more expected deaths I’ve ever seen.

BTW

i heard some people saying he was a baby guy, I don’t really know anything about him. Was he a bad guy, or was there anything he was famous for doing?

On 31/01/2020 at 09:22, Sean said:

Headline surely will have to be "That's arap!"

Surely it has to be ! 

25 minutes ago, QueenElizabethIsAlmostDead said:

i heard some people saying he was a baby guy, I don’t really know anything about him. Was he a bad guy, or was there anything he was famous for doing?

I suppose so, he had 8 children.

At first I thought he would be another Ariel Sharon where they keep him on life support indefinitely but happy that I took a gamble and added him to my list for our local dead pool. So far had 3 hits this year. 

48 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Would've been 96 today

Coogan shrug.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Knowledge is power.gif

Cersei wine thrones GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 1