Grim Reaper

Leon Spinks

Has spent most of December seriously ill in hospital. Has the old school feel of a pick dead by February or alive in 2021, no middle ground.

• Like 1

Heavyweight boxers tend to die early. Yet, I think he's not a good pick. The cancer won't kill him quickly, it would have to be a combination of factors. 

I think he will survive the year

His prostate cancer is stage 4 but as is announced publicly only seems to have struck his bladder, which on the face of it doesn't seem too ominous.  That said, he has been hospitalized for quite some time with his wife even asking for prayers which makes me think the media is maybe not telling the full story.

• Like 1

If he sneaks into  the drop 40 tyia to the committee for helping my ddp chances

Well a Spinks departure will bring me victory in the Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool which is approaching the 2 year mark. Have the committee hinted me? 

Awful awful pick.  6B people on earth.... and THIS....  you’ve got to be kidding 

• Facepalm 1

He was said to have been fighting for his life in intensive care a couple of weeks back.His wife said he had been in and out of hospital throughout 2019.Seems like there is more to his health than is being reported.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

He was said to have been fighting for his life in intensive care a couple of weeks back.His wife said he had been in and out of hospital throughout 2019.Seems like there is more to his health than is being reported.

Did you hear a DOCTOR say he was fighting for his life, or a despondent spouse?  Know the goddamn difference.

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1

I think this is one of the best picks this year. At least he is famous and not over 90 years old! I am confident, that he will not see year 2021.

• Like 1

Hmm. Not your simple contained prostate cancer it seems.  According to the article,  it has spread to his bladder. Bad sign, worsens the prognosis considerably. 

Lee Kerslake had his cancer spread to his bones and, er, he’s still here...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Yup, we've seen many buck the odds. Prognosis,  no matter how dire or how good, still requires a roll of the dice.

26tjZkLVd7qeHrcQw.gif

Not to hijack a thread --- Kerslake's comment out of his mouth two months ago 'remission'.  Maybe hyperbole, maybe (well obvs) temporary.  But I left him alone probably regretfully 2020.  I'll accept the 'miss'.  He was the #1 name kept popping up in the DDP 2019 top 10 teams who was a miss...usually a superb indication he should be on the next year's team.  I went with Kerslake on this one.  *shrugs*
SC

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

The bones are probably one of if not the most treatable metastases (at least from what I’ve noticed). It seems to become more deadly once it hits the organs. 

Do you think he heard "Leon stinks!" a lot of times? Maybe that's why he became a boxer.

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Not to hijack a thread --- Kerslake's comment out of his mouth two months ago 'remission'.  Maybe hyperbole, maybe (well obvs) temporary.  But I left him alone probably regretfully 2020.  I'll accept the 'miss'.  He was the #1 name kept popping up in the DDP 2019 top 10 teams who was a miss...usually a superb indication he should be on the next year's team.  I went with Kerslake on this one.  *shrugs*
SC

I've always wondered whether he'd been playing up the seriousness of his condition to guilt Ozzy into giving him those platinum credits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I've only gotten two DDP hits off of prostate cancer cases (Damon Harris and Chocolate Armenteros). And both of them had the dreaded "gravely ill" descriptor.

On 04/01/2020 at 22:49, Joey Russ said:

Cancer has spread to his bladder

17 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Cancer has spread to his bladder

Must be the special 'remission cancer' he has.  So needn't worry.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Must be the special 'remission cancer' he has.  So needn't worry.

That was meant as an update for Spinks, must have inadvertently hit the quote link when replying

• Haha 1