Grim Reaper

Leon Spinks

I looked at the website selling the autographed items mentioned in that article and it says that he cannot do personalized signings, and notes that his signature has become "inconsistent and shaky over time".

But who knows whether that's due to his recovery, or most likely the effect of years being punched in the head... despite this good news I still think he's a good pick for 2020 as this year won't be plain sailing for him

Was it known that Leon Spinks was wheelchair bound before? Because he definitely seems to be confined to a wheelchair: 

Makes you go hm... 

• Like 2

Looks pretty gaunt. Haven't seen an updated picture of him for a while

This pic was taken in April last year, the difference in weight and complexion is very noticeable

e12d9ceff5.png

• Like 1

New article that goes in depth about his recent health issues. Also mentions he suffers from dementia and has difficulty swallowing, was this previously known?

It also says that one of his doctors said he had two weeks to live back in November

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2020/03/16/health-care-former-heavyweight-champ-leon-spinks-fights-his-life/5002951002/

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

New article that goes in depth about his recent health issues. Also mentions he suffers from dementia and has difficulty swallowing, was this previously known?

It also says that one of his doctors said he had two weeks to live back in November

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2020/03/16/health-care-former-heavyweight-champ-leon-spinks-fights-his-life/5002951002/

In December, I wondered if it was worse than they were letting on. Now it does seem to be the case. Don’t know if he’s going in 2020 mind, but I don’t think it’s that far away...

13 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

In December, I wondered if it was worse than they were letting on. Now it does seem to be the case. Don’t know if he’s going in 2020 mind, but I don’t think it’s that far away...

Yeah the whole thing seemed like touch and go late last year, and although he's no longer hospitalized, I don't think he's exactly in the clear.  Still think this was a good pick, and he will be on my 2021 list (if he's still with us) barring a notable change in his condition.  

His individual ailments don't seem to be that bad, but taken all together, he's in a real risk.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2020 at 08:13, gcreptile said:

His individual ailments don't seem to be that bad, but taken all together, he's in a real risk.

I didn't realise he had lost nearly 7 stone in less than a year too. He's clearly on the road out of here.

Nothing new here but he is getting the Sports Star Dying headlines.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I didn't realise he had lost nearly 7 stone in less than a year too. He's clearly on the road out of here.

I predict he wont last longer than 2 months.

20 minutes ago, msc said:

God he looks awful, I’m surprised he made it that far...

On 09/06/2020 at 12:54, Kenny McCormick said:

I predict he wont last longer than 2 months.

Could knock some life into my pedestrian DDP performance when that two months is up.

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Could knock some life into my pedestrian DDP performance when that two months is up.

Would actually end the Scavenger Hunt game

• Like 1

67 Today :birthday::party::birthday2:

• Like 4

Could be wrong but I think that’s an old photo. If you saw the state he was in a few months ago I doubt he would’ve been able to pile back on the pounds that quickly. 

Okay, what are the news with him...

In July, he celebrated with his brother, as their birthdays are close:

https://bigfightweekend.com/news/former-champ-spinks-brothers-celebrating-birthdays-together/

He was indeed near death in January, but then made a "strong recovery" in March.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Okay, what are the news with him...

In July, he celebrated with his brother, as their birthdays are close:

https://bigfightweekend.com/news/former-champ-spinks-brothers-celebrating-birthdays-together/

He was indeed near death in January, but then made a "strong recovery" in March.

He's a fighter....:tomatododge:

• Haha 1

However, there is also this, from two weeks ago:

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I don’t think that’s a new photo. 

I do have to use the reverse image search more, though at least, reposting this picture is Leon Spinks' most recent twitter activity.

for those curious, last update on twitter says he was back in hospital (re-tweeted by his brother Michael) on December 19. can’t seem to find any updates on his condition since then, so make of this news what you will.

8C62F8D8-5C23-4566-AF24-26A96E0453F8.thumb.jpeg.4635f37f347e2942527150458749e431.jpeg

• Like 1