Grim Reaper

Genesis P-Orridge

1 minute ago, Banana said:

Stfu this isn’t popularity contest, it’s a list to most accurately predict the 50 most likely people to die who would get significant press in any given year. How are people still fucking complaining about this. No one gives a shit whether Lord Fellatio Nelson knows about some celeb. Move on. 

Of course they would.

You are a genuine fuckwitt.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Of course they would.

You are a genuine fuckwitt.

Then wtf are you on about eh? Do you have nothing better than to complain about something that has already happened and that you have no control over? Do you believe the gods value Lord Fellatio Nelson’s words so?

• Like 1

Just now, Banana said:

Then wtf are you on about eh? Do you have nothing better than to complain about something that has already happened and that you have no control over? Do you believe the gods value Lord Fellatio Nelson’s words so?

You are utterly pointless.

Fuck off.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You are utterly pointless.

Fuck off.

For someone who doesn’t know what Throbbing Gristle is you sure act like one. 

Just now, Banana said:

For someone who doesn’t know what Throbbing Gristle is you sure act like one. 

You are like a faecal crust hanging from a tramps arsehole.

I do not want to interact with you, just fuck off.

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You are like a faecal crust hanging from a tramps arsehole.

I do not want to interact with you, just fuck off.

*interacts with me*
”I don’t want to interact with you!”

48CF3DE0-7FB1-4335-B501-BE5B825F7A09.jpeg

• Like 1

Its a shame I feel that we no longer have the calming influence of somebody like Maggie(The Special One). The whole world would be so much happier if she was still alive.

Fucking hell, if Genesis lives to midsummer this thread is going to be as long as Richard O'Sullivans at this rate...

I thought the whole point of this was to have fun.

If I don't know who someone is, I look them up. I just happen to own half a dozen TG albums so their name was familiar to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, msc said:

Fucking hell, if Genesis lives to midsummer this thread is going to be as long as Richard O'Sullivans at this rate...

No way will any thread EVER rival Richard Os . Not only is he the number one Icon here.....he has at least...what?...30 years to go ?

58 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I thought the whole point of this was to have fun.

If I don't know who someone is, I look them up. I just happen to own half a dozen TG albums so their name was familiar to me.

They are well known to you because you are pretty damn knowledgeable when it comes to the music industry, what you know covers a wide spectrum and is second to none!

The points that have been made, and not just by me, is that there little known to the wider audience and there is the utterly fucking obscure.

This person is perceived to be in the latter and I question the wisdom of putting names on the list that only a tiny minority of DL regulars and visitors can actually identify with.

Part of the fun/chase/skill is, surely, picking people that are known to a wider audience and are the most likely to go this year.

Where is the fun in picking the obscure over the well known that you have researched and found info which suggests that they may go and the wider public hasn't caught on?

Isn't it true that people will discuss and speculate over, say, Barbara Windsor than G PO?

Hey, Gianluca Vialli is dealing with Pancreatic cancer, he is certainly more famous than G PO and worthy of discussion?

That would have been a better pick on the 50 list, maybe?

All an opinion,  nowt wrong with discussing it, its got to be a valid discussion.

The Committee pick whoever they feel like picking, my Lord, that's surely well established.  I don't think they give a flying fuck about anybody else.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

They are well known to you because you are pretty damn knowledgeable when it comes to the music industry, what you know covers a wide spectrum and is second to none!

The points that have been made, and not just by me, is that there little known to the wider audience and there is the utterly fucking obscure.

This person is perceived to be in the latter and I question the wisdom of putting names on the list that only a tiny minority of DL regulars and visitors can actually identify with.

Part of the fun/chase/skill is, surely, picking people that are known to a wider audience and are the most likely to go this year.

Where is the fun in picking the obscure over the well known that you have researched and found info which suggests that they may go and the wider public hasn't caught on?

Isn't it true that people will discuss and speculate over, say, Barbara Windsor than G PO?

Hey, Gianluca Vialli is dealing with Pancreatic cancer, he is certainly more famous than G PO and worthy of discussion?

That would have been a better pick on the 50 list, maybe?

All an opinion,  nowt wrong with discussing it, its got to be a valid discussion.

A person is as famous as to whomever knows them. 
Perhaps they're regarded as a household name, or they might be considered as having more of a niche audience. Genesis could be a gamble and only obits with music publications, who knows. 
There have been some picks that I might have considered them to be famous enough to warrant a full obit but only get a mention on some fan blog site. 
I mean take William Woodson. For about 6 years he was the voice of the commercials for the MInnesota Twins. When he died, not even a mention in the Star Tribune or Pioneer Press which are the two main publications. 
I wouldn't let it bother you. The real fun would be to put up your shadow list and see if you can outdo the DL committee

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phantom said:

A person is as famous as to whomever knows them. 
Perhaps they're regarded as a household name, or they might be considered as having more of a niche audience. Genesis could be a gamble and only obits with music publications, who knows. 
There have been some picks that I might have considered them to be famous enough to warrant a full obit but only get a mention on some fan blog site. 
I mean take William Woodson. For about 6 years he was the voice of the commercials for the MInnesota Twins. When he died, not even a mention in the Star Tribune or Pioneer Press which are the two main publications. 
I wouldn't let it bother you. The real fun would be to put up your shadow list and see if you can outdo the DL committee

Some common sense at last.

P-orridge did gain some notoriety in some of the Sunday tabloids in the mid-1980s due to some allegations of Satanic child abuse. Nothing ever came from it - I presume (s)he'd just pissed off some over sensitive god-botherers.

As said before, I think when he goes he’ll get a surprising amount of media attention. One cause will be people in the media remembering hearing/owning Throbbing Gristle records in their younger days; another will be that his life and career will provide an opportunity to talk about various sexy subjects like transgenderism and “shocking” work in the arts and music. (TG were highly provocative in their subject matter, with songs like “Very Friendly”, about the Moors Murderers, and a film called After Cease To Exist which they showed at their live shows and which climaxed with a scene of a guy tied to a table being castrated.)

1 hour ago, JQW said:

P-orridge did gain some notoriety in some of the Sunday tabloids in the mid-1980s due to some allegations of Satanic child abuse. Nothing ever came from it - I presume (s)he'd just pissed off some over sensitive god-botherers.

Have you listened to their fucking music? If they are involved in that shit it'd be about as suprising as the royal family having close links to peados...

Can I ask how people are pronouncing P-Orridge?  Are we supposed to say pee - orridge, or just porridge?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Toast said:

Can I ask how people are pronouncing P-Orridge?  Are we supposed to say pee - orridge, or just porridge?

That is an excellent question.

I do not believe I have ever pronounced this audibly but in my head their name is Jen uh sis pee o ridj with the o sound as in dog.

Being an unimaginative Glaswegian, I pronounce it Genesis Porridge. As in Phil Collins's band, and the breakfast cereal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Being an unimaginative Glaswegian, I pronounce it Genesis Porridge. As in Phil Collins's band, and the breakfast cereal.

Do you just go for the Porridge as a oner or do you have a dramatic pause after the P?

Pu....oridj

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Do you just go for the Porridge as a oner or do you have a dramatic pause after the P?

Pu....oridj

No, just porridge.  No pauses.

Although if you are cooking actual porridge, it tastes even better with sugar. Some folk swear by jam, or slices of banana. Or slices of fruit and sugar. Yep, create a healthy dish and then add shite to it, it's the Scottish way...

8 minutes ago, msc said:

Although if you are cooking actual porridge, it tastes even better with sugar. Some folk swear by jam, or slices of banana. Or slices of fruit and sugar. Yep, create a healthy dish and then add shite to it, it's the Scottish way...

I prefer my porridge without any pee in it that's for sure!

(actually I have porridge most mornings with some salt added whilst cooking and then with a spoonful of honey once in my bowl sprinkled with something healthy like pumpkin seeds)  

Just now, Grim Up North said:

I prefer my porridge without any pee in it that's for sure!

(actually I have porridge most mornings with some salt added whilst cooking and then with a spoonful of honey once in my bowl sprinkled with something healthy like pumpkin seeds)  

But no gristle.

• Haha 1

Just now, Toast said:

But no gristle.

No pee and definitely no gristle.

I can not believe that this thread has been going for so long before we have got into a proper porridge discussion.

All those wasted posts about gender bollocks.

• Haha 2