Grim Reaper

Jacques Delors

2 minutes ago, Nurse Rached said:

Your only fallacy is the assumption that I care about your opinion. 

Corrected for spelling and punctuation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, time said:

and with the full capacity of the web at your disposal, you decided to advertise your ignorance and racism rather than do some minimal research.

Fuck off.

I missed a thing there : why is he racist ? 

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Corrected for spelling and punctuation.

Toast, thank you for taking your valuable time to correct my mistake. You’re Truly an asset to this board.

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Lafaucheuse, not really sure. Clearly he has a completely different definition of racism than 99.76% of the civilized world. I think maybe he’s confused between the definition off offensive and racism. He really didn’t clue me in on his logic, but I was able to detect a slight tone of angsts in his comments. 

Maybe toast can chime in with her proficient grammar And punctuation skills?

13 hours ago, Nurse Rached said:

Lafaucheuse, not really sure. Clearly he has a completely different definition of racism than 99.76% of the civilized world. I think maybe he’s confused between the definition of offensive and racism. He really didn’t clue me in on his logic, but I was able to detect a slight tone of aghast  in his comments. 

Corrected for spelling and punctuation. Sorry toast didn’t intend to step in on your area but I couldn’t let it sit. Please let me know if I missed something.

10 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

The statement "being A French politician they he she it was skilled in the art of surrender." perpetuates a negative stereotype of the French, which is racist.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nurse Rached said:

Lafaucheuse, not really sure. Clearly he has a completely different definition of racism than 99.76% of the civilized world. I think maybe he’s confused between the definition off offensive and racism. He really didn’t clue me in on his logic, but I was able to detect a slight tone of angsts in his comments. 

Not now you're doing it on purpose.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, time said:

The statement "being A French politician they he she it was skilled in the art of surrender." perpetuates a negative stereotype of the French, which is racist.

Using your logic most comedy would need to be banned. No more fat American jokes?
sterotyping in an attempt (granted poorly on my part) at humor is different than using it to exclude/harm our use other Malice against a group based on physical appearance or nationality.  Monty Python, Airplane and Blazzing Saddles must give you seizures. 

I’ll clue you in on something my great grandfather was born in France, so I guess I get to call it self deprecation?

lighten up buddy, don’t take everything so serious, go out and get laid. You’re literally  spending your life on a site wishing people die for points and peer approval. Making it hard  to claim any sort of moral high ground. 

If this doesn’t compute, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree and move on. 

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Not now you're doing it on purpose.

I’m confused by your fragmented sentence. 

1 hour ago, Nurse Rached said:

I’m confused by your fragmented sentence. 

It is a trifle ambiguous, but both interpretations lead to the same conclusion.

You said, " Please let me know if I missed something."

Not now you're doing it on purpose = I am unwilling to do so because you are doing it on purpose now.

Or we could add a comma:

Not now, you're doing it on purpose = Not at this time, because you are doing it on purpose.

The latter allows for the possibility that you might cease doing it on purpose.  If I perceived that you had done so, I might decide to resume.

HTH.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Toast said:

It is a trifle ambiguous, but both interpretations lead to the same conclusion.

You said, " Please let me know if I missed something."

Not now you're doing it on purpose = I am unwilling to do so because you are doing it on purpose now.

Or we could add a comma:

Not now, you're doing it on purpose = Not at this time, because you are doing it on purpose.

The latter allows for the possibility that you might cease doing it on purpose.  If I perceived that you had done so, I might decide to resume.

HTH.

Thanks for the clarification of your previous ambiguous fragment sentence Toast, it really helps clear things up for the reader.

24 minutes ago, Nurse Rached said:

Thanks for the clarification of your previous ambiguous fragment sentence Toast, it really helps clear things up for me.

It was a perfectly grammatical sentence, not "fragmented" in any way, but let that pass.

I am moving on now.

On 22/07/2020 at 17:25, Lafaucheuse said:

Because EVERYTHING is racist now. Even what I just said is racist. As that as well, and that..................

• Like 1

Recent interview:

Actual news on a DL pick, Jacques Delors misses 25th anniversary bash for his Institute and  a dinner held in his own honour, due to being in poor health.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, msc said:

Actual news on a DL pick, Jacques Delors misses 25th anniversary bash for his Institute and  a dinner held in his own honour, due to being in poor health.

Very Pierre Boulez.

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Very Pierre Boulez.

Ah yes, that was an Abba hit, no? Boulez Deux (aha). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A decent pick, this one. UP YOURS

• Thanks 1