Grim Reaper

David Crosby

On 04/03/2021 at 06:21, Bentrovato said:

In some ways we should not look at this in too negative a light. The artist in question knows they will die at some point. If they negotiate the sale of the rights whilst they are still alive it means they are in control and can put conditions around it to ensure their most meaningful and profound works won't be used for cheese burger commercials. 

• Like 2

For a couple of million they can use any of my songs in a cheeseburger commercial. 

If you're in the business (@maryportfuncity?) drop me a line, I'll get writing.

14 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In some ways we should not look at this in too negative a light. The artist in question knows they will die at some point. If they negotiate the sale of the rights whilst they are still alive it means they are in control and can put conditions around it to ensure their most meaningful and profound works won't be used for cheese burger commercials. 

I agree with all of. The only point I make is that they may seem to know this is the last chance saloon to keep it that way. Bowie sold off his rights a couple of decades ago just to make the cash. Fair played. But not because he was going to peg it. This recent rush seems to be to get their affairs in order before the inevitable. 

• Like 1

Croz has always been the one of CS&N with the least money because his music wasn't sampled or used on soundtracks as much as Stills' (including his Buffalo Springfield stuff) or Nash's horrible-but-advertisement-friendly twee songs.  And he has lots of kids.

The one relationship in CSN&Y which was a constant was Crosby & Nash - the latter was a self-appointed peacemaker/runner in the group.  But Nash estrangef himself from Croz after those comments about Daryl Hannah.  

7 hours ago, Lurcha said:

Croz has always been the one of CS&N with the least money because his music wasn't sampled or used on soundtracks as much as Stills' (including his Buffalo Springfield stuff) or Nash's horrible-but-advertisement-friendly twee songs.  And he has lots of kids.

The one relationship in CSN&Y which was a constant was Crosby & Nash - the latter was a self-appointed peacemaker/runner in the group.  But Nash estrangef himself from Croz after those comments about Daryl Hannah.  

Aye but...

The least money in CSNY is still more money than the richest member of most bands (and remember Crosby was a Byrd so the performance royalties from their sizeable hit catalogue count for something even if their biggest songs aren't his compositions). 

Doubtless he'll pocked something from the 50th anniversary reissue of  CSNY's Deja Vu this year as well, complete with "extras" including a tonnage of outtakes.

New Rolling Stone interview with David Crosby. Not much health related in it, more about how writing new music is keeping him going despite health issues.

“I’m fuckin’ lucky,” he says. “I don’t know if I have two weeks left of life or 10 years, but it doesn’t matter. What matters is what you do with the time. If you sit there on your butt and worry about dying, then you fucking wasted it. I haven’t been wasting it. I’m having a really good time, and feeling wonderfully about it. Sooner or later, something is going to break. Right now, my life is pretty great.”

David Crosby certainly  is on the cautious end of the spectrum with regards to coronavirus. 

Calls Eric Clapton dumb for his statement he won't hold concerts at venues that require a vaccine passport. 

Quite right too.  Clapton is a cunt if he's not in favour of protecting his audiences. 

I know there will be the argument that some people can't have the vaccine for genuine medical reasons, but there won't be many of those and I'm sure they could be accommodated in some way.

• Like 1

Clapton is a cunt in general, mind.

Compare that stance to Neil Young, who won't go back touring until his audiences can be safe. His words.

• Like 4

80 years old today! :birthday::party::birthday2:

Glad he made the list though he should be higher IMO

Crosby having a "rough time" with Covid...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, time said:

Crosby having a "rough time" with Covid...

Aye, an 80 year old who keeps telling people he has three terminal illnesses (he counts addiction), COVID's no respecter of existing conditions.

2 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

David Crosby gets flamed on Twitter for bluntly telling a fan that his artwork sucks.  No health news though.

On the bright side his enduring bluntness will likely keep the funeral catering expenses down, as and when.

• Haha 3

81 today

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbWuY6Zc7ulPm_ccv8dP_

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Feels like a wasted pick. Constitution of an ox this one. 

Aye, to think - he was 41 when Rob Burrow was born!

• Like 3

On 23/12/2022 at 16:38, Deathrace said:

Feels like a wasted pick. Constitution of an ox this one. 

Well that aged well, didn't it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

20 mins since Yahoo posted it and nobody else has reported it? A bit odd?

Yeah I’m torn here. And if you do a Twitter search, that article is the only thing mentioned in the past 10 minutes

• Like 2