Grim Reaper

David Crosby

5 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Many thanks for that Sir.

Exactly what I had hoped for and knew I would get! 

Harry McNally also knows his CSNY and - as you'll see - he's in agreement. No mean musician himself our Harry. Bit livelier and more in your face that the Croz, mind

• Like 1

On 24/06/2020 at 11:53, Persephone said:

Within the next six months perhaps...?

60136D11-105D-4197-BAF4-DCB7CCABE801.jpeg

Do people think this is him going 'i'm 78 so i'm closer to death than birth' or a tacit admission of some sort of terminal issue? 

12 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Do people think this is him going 'i'm 78 so i'm closer to death than birth' or a tacit admission of some sort of terminal issue? 

I believe Crosby said last year that he thought he only had a couple of years left to live.  He's had a bevy of health issues (he abused drugs and alcohol for years) including hepatitis C, a liver transplant in 1994, and he also has type 2 diabetes.  I don't think he should be removed from the Deathlist if he makes it to 2021.  

13 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

He has really severe heart problems and the word last summer was he likely had 2 years left in him before his heart failed entirely. Always hard to tell with hearts exactly but yeah, he's not a well man.

• Like 1

David-Crosby-Munksgard-Crop-1480x832.jpg

On top of the obvious health problems listed above - the man's never exactly been slim and he's been packing serious pork since he got off the gear in the late 80's

79th birthday today :birthday:

Maybe a party pooper? I don't think so.

• Like 1

Pictured many years ago - an insight for those unfamiliar with the man as to why anyone would think it remarkable he's celebrating his 79th!

maxresdefault.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallba

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

And another tweet... David Crosby apparently wasn't too impressed with Eddie Van Halen:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedavidcrosby/status/1315020778656522240

For a guy contemplating mortality the way he is he's not exactly generating the best karma atm.

47 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

For a guy contemplating mortality the way he is he's not exactly generating the best karma atm.

It's a pretty pass when you elicit howls of twitterrage for the perfectly reasonable response of 'meh' when asked about the merits of EVH. I'd have been less charitable* than Dave, who would probably (and hopefully) enjoy both VH's and his own threads.

* The best I could manage would be something along the lines of "he could sure fit a lot of notes into a short period of time". But after all, as Plastic Paddy sagely pointed out, I am a moron with a tin ear.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Lets look at his other tweet for a tad more context...

''Hendrix changed the world of guitar. Nobody else really ...look I get it ..many of you loved Van Halen ....and the one time I met he was nice ....and he was talented ...meh to me means I don’t care that much ....and I don’t ...doesn’t mean he wasn’t good ,he was but not for me ''

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Lets look at his other tweet for a tad more context...

''Hendrix changed the world of guitar. Nobody else really ...look I get it ..many of you loved Van Halen ....and the one time I met he was nice ....and he was talented ...meh to me means I don’t care that much ....and I don’t ...doesn’t mean he wasn’t good ,he was but not for me ''

You cannot knock his honesty and, lets be honest, there is way too much bullshit thrown around when somebody famous dies.

'Oh, they were wonderful!...'an amazing talent'....'legend' etc, etc.

It isn't like they all were, is it.

I have just warmed to Crosby.:D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You cannot knock his honesty and, lets be honest, there is way too much bullshit thrown around when somebody famous dies.

Actually, hadn't bothered to read what he posted so it's a fair comment. Clearly incendiary to some, mind. Crosby's always had a painfully honest streak to the point he sometimes says things that cost him. His opinions on Neil Young leaving his second wife for Darryl Hannah - for example - were so frankly expressed that you can likely rule out any late late reunion for CSNY. He also publicly slagged off The Eagles in a documentary with the phrase, "They take no risks, ever" which - apparently - pissed off the ones who considered themselves risk takers in an artistic sense. Bit harsh his comment IMHO and - apart from anything else - surely from one conspicuous drug casualty to another he's got to have respect for Joe Walsh's ability to survive his drug excesses!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Actually, hadn't bothered to read what he posted so it's a fair comment. Clearly incendiary to some, mind. Crosby's always had a painfully honest streak to the point he sometimes says things that cost him. His opinions on Neil Young leaving his second wife for Darryl Hannah - for example - were so frankly expressed that you can likely rule out any late late reunion for CSNY. He also publicly slagged off The Eagles in a documentary with the phrase, "They take no risks, ever" which - apparently - pissed off the ones who considered themselves risk takers in an artistic sense. Bit harsh his comment IMHO and - apart from anything else - surely from one conspicuous drug casualty to another he's got to have respect for Joe Walsh's ability to survive his drug excesses!

Christ, you are good!:D

13 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I think of all the current candidates on the list. Crosby would be the one who might appreciate the 'honour' most

12 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Christ, you are good!:D

Shared that with the wife, should probably have filmed the resulting bout of hysterics because it could have gone viral!

In other news - NME have a report on the whole Twitter storm over Crosby and Van Halen: https://www.nme.com/news/music/david-crosby-receives-backlash-for-insensitive-eddie-van-halen-tweets-2781714?fbclid=IwAR3gPx3DR3WueW3zCGNSthRMB-yestkezn2YRgLZdiQcuII9_Cujsk1Nk9o

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

In other news - NME have a report on the whole Twitter storm over Crosby and Van Halen: https://www.nme.com/news/music/david-crosby-receives-backlash-for-insensitive-eddie-van-halen-tweets-2781714?fbclid=IwAR3gPx3DR3WueW3zCGNSthRMB-yestkezn2YRgLZdiQcuII9_Cujsk1Nk9o 

I never actually saw the offending tweet - so it was just "Meh" in response to someone asking his opinion?

"i know you're not into metal david, but what's your opinion on eddie van halen?"

So not referring to EVH's death at all.  What a fuss about nothing.

• Like 2

Is it legal to be first billed if your not the first to go? Seems like he's got an unfair edge in this contest.

Good decision by the committee to keep. Might not die this year but is less likely to see it out then a lot of the 90+ year old's with no known health problems on the list.

On 01/01/2020 at 20:37, msc said:

And he’s mad. Because even at 77 there are so many things he still wants to learn — “three languages, four sciences, eight kinds of history.” He wants more time with his wife of 41 years, Jan. And, of course, he wants to make more music.

precisely the kind of stuff which would keep someone from dying

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Nowt on how much cash is moving here - I'm guessing it's nowhere near the $150 million Neil Young got, which was nowhere near Dylan's figure (twice Neil Young's)