Jump to content
Grim Reaper

48. William H Gates

Recommended Posts

Kirk Kerkorian hands in his "least famous DL pick of the last decade" trophy.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to argue any dl pick ever was worse then this one(aside from random lady who met Louis Farrakhan for 5 second's). Literally just the parent of a highly famous person

 

Don't see any reason now Madonna/ Beyonce's dad or Linday Lohan's mum  can't meet the crieteria for a future list

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't disagree with this pick for the name and the person, his sons so famous that he's famous through his frequent association and charitable works. 

 

I disagree with this pick because other than alzheimers I don't think there's anything in particular that makes him likely to drop dead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on, is this ‘Bring your parents to DeathList day’? 
 

Cunts.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out that he is 2m tall. Tallest one in the Deathlist this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Prophet said:

Just found out that he is 2m tall. Tallest one in the Deathlist this year?

He's actually only 1.98m by now due to getting old. Or its because Wikipedia decided to give me 2 different measurements.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First to say it.

 

Dafuq?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, msc said:

Kirk Kerkorian hands in his "least famous DL pick of the last decade" trophy.

Maybe send that comment to whothefuck test cricketer thread.  Is that a sporting activity?  I'm hearing rumours...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Maybe send that comment to whothefuck test cricketer thread.  Is that a sporting activity?  I'm hearing rumours...  

People in glass houses should not throw stones.  All the NFL, baseball and basketball players have zero resonance across the pond. Test Cricketers, even those from other nations can be household names in the UK.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

People in glass houses should not throw stones.  All the NFL, baseball and basketball players have zero resonance across the pond. Test Cricketers, even those from other nations can be household names in the UK.

I am not in a glass house.  And don't put words in my mouth.   It makes you look ignorant.  Prove your point on the merits.  I didn't make a comment with the word basketball in it, now did I?   

Bottom line is y'all mad cuz it's come to the forefront that what Sir Creep says matters to the Committee, and what you say doesn't.  Bill Gates Sr. a sleeping dog until YT mentioned him in Advent Avalanche... and shazamm!  This is a great pick.  It'll pay off.  What name did YOU supply the committee that no one else did?  Ginger Baker 2019.  Bill Gates Sr 2020.  The Committee knows where their bread is buttered.  Don't worry Committee, I'm here to help.   I'll find you a gem or two for 2021.
SC

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I am not in a glass house.  And don't put words in my mouth.   It makes you look ignorant.  Prove your point on the merits.  I didn't make a comment with the word basketball in it, now did I?   

Bottom line is y'all mad cuz it's come to the forefront that what Sir Creep says matters to the Committee, and what you say doesn't.  Bill Gates Sr. a sleeping dog until YT mentioned him in Advent Avalanche... and shazamm!  This is a great pick.  It'll pay off.  What name did YOU supply the committee that no one else did?  Ginger Baker 2019.  Bill Gates Sr 2020.  The Committee knows where their bread is buttered.  Don't worry Committee, I'm here to help.   I'll find you a gem or two for 2021.
SC

 

Ahah you look so angry, i don’t understand Why people are taking those things so seriously... do you think you’re someone important because you supply a name to the committee ? We should give you a star on the hollywood walk of fame !

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I am not in a glass house.  And don't put words in my mouth.   It makes you look ignorant.  Prove your point on the merits.  I didn't make a comment with the word basketball in it, now did I?   

Bottom line is y'all mad cuz it's come to the forefront that what Sir Creep says matters to the Committee, and what you say doesn't.  Bill Gates Sr. a sleeping dog until YT mentioned him in Advent Avalanche... and shazamm!  This is a great pick.  It'll pay off.  What name did YOU supply the committee that no one else did?  Ginger Baker 2019.  Bill Gates Sr 2020.  The Committee knows where their bread is buttered.  Don't worry Committee, I'm here to help.   I'll find you a gem or two for 2021.
SC

 


haha - such a twat :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I am not in a glass house.  And don't put words in my mouth.   It makes you look ignorant.  Prove your point on the merits.  I didn't make a comment with the word basketball in it, now did I?  

 

No, but you did once pick a basketball player in the Hartlepool DP. 

And then got all shirty because you hadn't read the rules & scoring, which state that US baseball and basketball players score negative points. :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the first day of the year. So please, leave Sir Creep alone. 

He's not in a glass house.

Unless queen Elizabeth, Gorbachev or Assange meet their maker before papa Gates...:evil2: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst pick since Ruby Muhammad, imho

 

Not a person who is widely known for a great deal in terms of real international fame except the achievements of his son as far as I'm aware

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always one pick that makes your face do contortions you didn't know possible.....

 

Guess 'Bill Gates dad' is this years.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 01/01/2020 at 09:45, Bibliogryphon said:

People in glass houses should not throw stones.  All the NFL, baseball and basketball players have zero resonance across the pond. Test Cricketers, even those from other nations can be household names in the UK.

 

In his defense most people would recognise olympic basketball players like Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan etc if they were named. But there's very few of that generation old enough to feature in Deathlists.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Gates Dad is a philanthropist but his fame is intertwined with his son.Bit like Boris Johnsons Dad who would be considered notable enough for the deathlist.

 

JFKs Mum  and John Edwards wife was on the list years ago so there is a precedent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sean said:

JFKs Mum  

 

Didn't she have two other sons that also did something with politics? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sean said:

Bill Gates Dad is a philanthropist but his fame is intertwined with his son.Bit like Boris Johnsons Dad who would be considered notable enough for the deathlist.

 

JFKs Mum  and John Edwards wife was on the list years ago so there is a precedent.

Stanley Johnson was an MEP so famous (to an extent) before his son.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sean said:

Bill Gates Dad is a philanthropist but his fame is intertwined with his son.Bit like Boris Johnsons Dad who would be considered notable enough for the deathlist.

 

JFKs Mum  and John Edwards wife was on the list years ago so there is a precedent.


Actually you may be interested to know that Bill Gates' Sr was into ranching (or at least owning ranch land) and that means two things: cattle and oil (mostly oil).  Do NOT think Bill Gates Jr was some punk kid geek what made lucky.  He had a silver spoon.
Though I have not worked on the Gates Ranch personally, I have worked on the adjacent ranch (Galvan Ranch) in Webb County, Texas, not too far from the Wall Mexican border toward Laredo.  It is a vast expanse that has it's share of oil rigs on it, or pump jacks which are producing plenty for Mr. Gates Sr.
SirC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been much better if the committee had kept Barbara Walters on the list than picking William H Gates

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Steve said:

It would have been much better if the committee had kept Barbara Walters on the list than picking William H Gates

how about both.  shane macgowan?  what's the medical and/or lifestyle reason for that stupidity?  If he dies in the next 5 years (date: 6 Jan 2025) Sir Creep shall permanently leave this group.  I'm upping the 5 Pounds of Coffee Challenge.  
SC

 

(LOL @Boudicca has just pointed out that MacGowan needs to go into hiding ala Salman Rushdie, as DLers the world over will be targeting him.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Stanley Johnson was an MEP so famous (to an extent) before his son.

I bet no one knew him when he was an MEP.Most people cant even name their current MEP.If pointless did a MEP question at the moment only Nigel Farage Ann Widdecombe Richard Tice and Annunzuara Rees Mogg wouldn't be pointless answers I reckon..MostMEPs wouldn't get recognised in the street even nowadays let alone before the Referendum 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use