Grim Reaper

William H Gates

5 hours ago, Toast said:

Feel free to question the committee.  Good luck with that.

Anyway, why are you so keen to have a separate thread for Roberta McCain?  There's not much to say about her.

Who are the committee anyway? Are they manatees that push idea balls around?

• Like 1

It will make the news, even if it is just a couple of paragraphs on page 16 

I think this will be the first top 50 death in the history of the Deathlist forum who is also a unique pick!

By me.

48 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

I think this will be the first top 50 death in the history of the Deathlist forum who is also a unique pick!

By me.

Henri Cartier-Bresson and Artie Shaw were unique hits for the DL in their only DDP win

• Like 1

I hope this fucker is ditched next year. If not we may as well just pick 50 of the oldest parents of famous people. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Arsewipe said:

I hope this fucker is ditched next year. If not we may as well just pick 50 of the oldest parents of famous people. 

I totally agree. This was the worst pick I had ever seen selected by the committee. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

I totally agree. This was the worst pick I had ever seen selected by the committee. 

Well as I said previously, we cant have Roberta McCain so we shouldnt have Gates Sr...

• Like 1

Stop grumbling! The louder you complain, the higher the Committee will place him next year! :lol:

6 hours ago, Book said:

Stop grumbling! The louder you complain, the higher the Committee will place him next year! :lol:

Whoever decided to put him on is a total arsehole and should kill himself now if he had a shred of dignity.

On 24/05/2020 at 16:05, Whitehouse said:

By me.

End it all now please.

94 w Alzheimer's - Gates is a fine pick and should be ridden to the bitter end just like all the Kirk Douglas’s of DL.

Bravo on this near perfect selection!

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

94 w Alzheimer's - Gates is a fine pick and should be ridden to the bitter end just like all the Kirk Douglas’s of DL.

Bravo on this near perfect selection!

The problem with Gates isn’t his illness. The problem is he is just the dad of a far far more famous son and nothing else. What next, Andrea Swift deserves to be on the list cause of her brain tumor? Give me a fucking break. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

The problem with Gates isn’t his illness. The problem is he is just the dad of a far far more famous son and nothing else. What next, Andrea Swift deserves to be on the list cause of her brain tumor? Give me a fucking break. 

Agreed. If the DL continues with the parents of, then Ben Stokes dad (and I do not even know his name) should be shoved on. He will get an obit but only because his kid hasn't beaten the shite out of anyone recently. Sorry. Won the cricket world cup. Tis a slippery slope as more people get a name because of a relation of some sort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

Agreed. If the DL continues with the parents of, then Ben Stokes dad (and I do not even know his name) should be shoved on. He will get an obit but only because his kid hasn't beaten the shite out of anyone recently. Sorry. Won the cricket world cup. Tis a slippery slope as more people get a name because of a relation of some sort. 

While I agree with the general point, Ged Stokes was actually a rugby (league) player of the 1970s and went to be the manager of international teams so has some notability. In rugby league. Apparently some folk prefer that to rugby union, but DJL isn't here anymore so we'll avoid a long book on the subject in the replies! Not DL level notability of course, but more than Bill Gate's dad - the lowest of low bars.

• Like 2

Similarly Bill Gates' wife is only famous because she's his wife, and she bullied him into giving him his billions so she can give it away to poor people and look like Mother Theresa. (Ok maybe not Mother Theresa).

You could argue his father contributed far more than his wife has done to M$, but I don't think either have done enough in their own right to make it onto such a list. Only Billy himself would have that honour.

Doesn't seem like he is noteworthy enough to be on this list. If he is, I just want the committee to know for next year that my Mother-In-Law is turning 90. Maybe she would make the cut for 2021.

6 minutes ago, Elvis is alive! said:

Doesn't seem like he is noteworthy enough to be on this list. If he is, I just want the committee to know for next year that my Mother-In-Law is turning 90. Maybe she would make the cut for 2021.

Newbs giving me so many reasons to roll out Alan recently.

AB752B87-D70C-4395-B513-AC8AB5F098FB.gif

• Like 3

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Newbs giving me so many reasons to roll out Alan recently.

AB752B87-D70C-4395-B513-AC8AB5F098FB.gif

Arrogant idiots, giving me so much exercise to my middle finger.

9 minutes ago, Elvis is alive! said:

Arrogant idiots, giving me so much exercise to my middle finger.

Glad to have you here! :lol:

Worst Pick Eve...oh, wait, nevermind.

Don’t worry about missing Little Richard and John Hume, at least we get Bill Gates dad!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2