Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

Tony Garnett, English actor, writer and producer and collaborator of Ken Loach, dead at 83: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jan/12/tony-garnett-tv-and-film-producer-dies-aged-83

Acting credits include Compact, Z Cars and Emergency Ward 10. Producer of Kes (also did the adaptation), Earth Girls Are Easy and Beautiful Thing.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0307821/

American cartoonist Steve Stiles has died at 76. Was hoping he’d be a sneak cup pick in February, but that’s how it goes sometimes.

Pete Wylie reporting the death of Pete Fulwell, part owner of Eric's Club, Liverpool and a former manager of local bands It's Immaterial and The Christians:

According to the Highlander Facebook page, actor Stan Kirsch, who played Richie, passed away. 

Will dig out the first two Kaleidoscope albums tonight. The first of the original line-up to go. 

2 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

And that’s my number 2 for the month (on a roll now) - if you meet your dad again Chris tell him that I never enjoyed the cross country runs around the Hobbit Holes :2guns:

Edited by Wickerman
  • Like 1

Australian radio host Grant Goldman, who I’m sure has been longlisted for many people a few years back, dead at 69

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Australian radio host Grant Goldman, who I’m sure has been longlisted for many people a few years back, dead at 69

List of the missed, as I had him in a theme team. Now I see he obited, but we I couldn't find any news in 3 years.

Shin Kyuk-ho QO for the DDP.

• Like 1

Never mind, may be a bit too soon.

Joe Shishido has died aged 86. He was originally a bland leading man in Japanese romance movies until he got bored with that, decided to have his cheekbones artificially enlarged and instead began a career as one of Japanese cinema's best bad guy portrayers, usually as a Yakuza or other mob figure. Branded to Kill is probably his most famous role in the west.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, joneseuro said:

After Terry Jones naked organs will never be the same again  :facepalm:

Edited by Wickerman

1 hour ago, joneseuro said:

im not sure what that means.

but no.  David Stern was Commish of the NBA for two decades.  Don Larsen is almost up there but I think there’s a certain gap between TJones/Stern and Larsen or anyone else, in a worldly sense.

Big miss by the committee 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1