Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

im not sure what that means.

but no.  David Stern was Commish of the NBA for two decades.  Don Larsen is almost up there but I think there’s a certain gap between TJones/Stern and Larsen or anyone else, in a worldly sense.

Maybe this says more about me and company I keep / accounts I follow, because before Terry the only 2020 death with anywhere close buzz was Acorah :facepalm:

Sonny Grosso, a NYPD detective who was one of the inspirations for the 1971 film The French Connection has died

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

DDP Pick Jay Allen, Detroit Tigers PA announcer, dead from cancer: https://www.wxyz.com/sports/detroit-tigers-pa-announcer-jay-allen-dies-after-cancer-battle

Would’ve guaranteed that he would’ve been on some of the more researched cup teams in February due to recent news...

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

DDP Pick Jay Allen, Detroit Tigers PA announcer, dead from cancer: https://www.wxyz.com/sports/detroit-tigers-pa-announcer-jay-allen-dies-after-cancer-battle

Less likely (far) QO than Van Impe.  But nice to see theme team find some names even if QOs not forthcoming.

SC

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Less likely (far) QO than Van Impe.  But nice to see theme team find some names even if QOs not forthcoming.

SC

Well, he actually got a QO. Congrats. 

• Thanks 1

Well done SC, a nice coup for your "only the living can't obit" mantra.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Well done SC, a nice coup for your "only the living can't obit" mantra.

Blind squirrel = nut ty Joey/DI

Funny just goes to show no idea on QO cuz frankly Van Impe I thought good chance even got NYTimes. Allen really fleeting at best.  Well it’s a theme team, fun for everyone, a lot of que sera sera.

Influential author  Clayton Christensen has passed away aged 67. He was the origin of the idea of disruptive innovation and thus people as ultimately Steve Jobs and Jeff Bezos took inspiration from his ideas and concepts. 

I know a fair number of posters select or show interest in 'cancer mums' or terminally ill bloggers.I dont know if anybody choose or showed interest in this poor guy .But anyway a cancer blogger from Penarth South Wales  called Patrick Wymer has sadly died from bowel  cancer.Infact there was a charity fundraiser in his name on the night he passed away which was held with the event holders unaware he was so close to death that night.

Very sad. 

14 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I know a fair number of posters select or show interest in 'cancer mums' or terminally ill bloggers.I dont know if anybody choose or showed interest in this poor guy .But anyway a cancer blogger from Penarth South Wales  called Patrick Wymer has sadly died from bowel  cancer.Infact there was a charity fundraiser in his name on the night he passed away which was held with the event holders unaware he was so close to death that night.

Very sad. 

Wasn't he the male equivalent to BowelBabe as described by Spade? Well, nobody went for BowelCouple.

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Wasn't he the male equivalent to BowelBabe as described by Spade? Well, nobody went for BowelCouple.

I have no idea to be honest !I've only just stumbled across the guy for the first time this evening when someone retweeted the sad news. 

Was aware of him, and had him under consideration for 2020, but ultimately decided against picking him as I wanted to pick as few fringey names as possible.

Nobody appeared to have picked this no name for the DDP. Good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, msc said:

Nobody appeared to have picked this no name for the DDP. Good.

FFS. How did I miss him....??

GAA Ulster Coach of the Year Sonia Kinsella (47) passed away at her home in Saul on Saturday, just months after learning no further treatment options were available.

She was a sleeper for Cup play and a late cut for DDP (honestly should have fielded her).  I see @gcreptile has her in Death By Numbers.  Well done.

SC

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

GAA Ulster Coach of the Year Sonia Kinsella (47) passed away at her home in Saul on Saturday, just months after learning no further treatment options were available.

She was a sleeper for Cup play and a late cut for DDP (honestly should have fielded her).  I see @gcreptile has her in Death By Numbers.  Well done.

SC

Oh, is it crunch time already? I thought she had a little more time. If that BBC Northern Ireland obit comes, I move to 1st in both DbN and DDP - which would be a first for my main team.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, there it is, not much, but it's enough:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-51261359

I knew of her, wasn't sure she was ready to punt so quickly and less sure of a QO.  Could have done worse than listing her.  Oh well.

18 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I knew of her, wasn't sure she was ready to punt so quickly and less sure of a QO.  Could have done worse than listing her.  Oh well.

Yeah, it was a bit risky, but still, the uniqueness is a bit of a gift. About as shocking as the unique Michael Falzon for msc.

Score updates will come in the evening, so some time for folk to keep The Love Boat from no. 1, especially if your joker is Tom Smith, or you picked John Andretti.

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, it was a bit risky, but still, the uniqueness is a bit of a gift. About as shocking as the unique Michael Falzon for msc.

Both my Jeffrey Foskett and Danielle Rosher has only one other owner or I’d have two uniques.  Shockingly only two on both fwiw.

Taoist guru to the stars and early-2000s self-help fad the Barefoot Doctor (aka Stephen Russell) has died, according to posts on his social media accounts on the 26th:

Doesn't seem to be reported in any news outlets yet. He had an Observer column for 5 years, though maybe they'd rather we forget that.