Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

11 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Mary Rose Barrington, a former british barrister, parapschologist, former president of Oxford University society for psychical research and the Vice President of the society for psychical research  , has died aged 94 it has been announced on social media . Now listed on Wikipedia also. 

She  also appeared on Ghosthunters in the past.

Had brief dealings with her by way of a conversation at a conference in the last century. As is sometimes remarked when people like her die, she might now know the answers to some of the questions she spent years asking

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biggest miss by the Committee so far this year. To think they left a 102 year old they just made a movie about off the list for a fair number of garbage picks.  Shameful.

SC

• Like 1

Most sucessful year so far since 2000

Cyril Cave, an award-winning news cameraman who captured the events of Bloody Sunday on film, has died aged 91.

See the source image

13 hours ago, time said:

Cyril Cave, an award-winning news cameraman who captured the events of Bloody Sunday on film, has died aged 91.

See the source image

91 is amazing considering the places he was hanging out to get some of the pictures!

• Like 1

The Army Game’s Cpl. Springer aka Michael Medwin has passed and provides me with my 7th hit of the year.

• Like 1

Adam Maher, rugby player who was diagnosed with ALS in 2018 dead at 47

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Adam Maher, rugby player who was diagnosed with ALS in 2018 dead at 47

It says motor neurone disease.  ALS is one of a number of motor neurone diseases, but it doesn't specify which one he had. 

Do correct me if you have further information, but can we please not go down the dementia route, where every dementia case is assumed to be Alzheimer's.

• Like 1

UGHHHH....
I wrote 'March' next to Pete Felton's name in preparation for my February DL Cup team.  Looks like February (7th) was his month.  Would have been an interesting battle if Joey decided not to allow him.  I sure could have used him.

Not mentioned in the obit, but Pete Felton was a local UK musician who had suffered from the big C.  He was 27.  He had recorded some music, and the BBC did a documentary on him  called 'All Together Now'
SC

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

UGHHHH....
I wrote 'March' next to Pete Felton's name in preparation for my February DL Cup team.  Looks like February (7th) was his month.  Would have been an interesting battle if Joey decided not to allow him.  I sure could have used him.

Not mentioned in the obit, but Pete Felton was a local UK musician who had suffered from the big C.  He was 27.  He had recorded some music, and the BBC did a documentary on him  called 'All Together Now'
SC

That wouldn’t have been an acceptable obit had you played him in February. 

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

UGHHHH....

SC

Aah, good find. 

They didn't even update the crowdfunding page.

DDP pick for me, but most likely another LotL-er.

Awaiting my copy of the “Mysteries and Myths of Death List Gaming” (shorter concise edition in 8 volumes). Once I’ve read, digested and understood I may start playing some of the more arcane competitions, races and games on here. Give me about 3 years and I may get there :D

• Haha 1

Joe Coulombe, founder of the grocery store chain Trader Joe’s has died at 89

• Shocked 1

Former USA Track and Field president Bill Roe has died. He was 69.

The USATF said Roe died Saturday. He served as president of the organization for two terms from 2000-2008, and was a founding member of the organization’s board of directors.
SC

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:18, time said:

Seventy-five years ago, three members of the anti-nazi resistance group Die Weiße Rose, Hans Scholl (24), Sophie Scholl (21) & Christoph Probst (23) were executed following a show trial at the Volksgerichtshof (people's court).

16601624_303.jpg

The above from the Death Anniversary thread, Elisabeth Scholl (Hartnagel) has died: https://www.thearticle.com/sophie-and-hans-scholl-died-resisting-the-nazis-lets-not-take-freedom-for-granted

Got a Times Obit too: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/elisabeth-scholl-obituary-3t8vh0d6m (Paywall).

• Thanks 1

Three professional frisbee players have died in a car crash in Detroit. 

Put in general thread as a quick scour didn't show any obvious thread home  for general sport.

6 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Three professional frisbee players have died in a car crash in Detroit. 

Put in general thread as a quick scour didn't show any obvious thread home  for general sport.

I posted that some damn where many hours earlier.  (EDIT: See Automobile Crashes)
Here's your prize, bucko.  :clivedunn: