Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Too many places to put this.

So, report of the death of Timothy Brown, NFL player turned actor who was one of only 4 actors to appear in both the film and TV versions of M*A*S*H: https://www.ballstatedaily.com/article/2020/04/sports-timothy-brown-ball-state-football

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0114790/

No particular idea who he was but he sounds like he was talented and led a charmed life.

Robert Barth, a pioneer of deep-sea diving and part of the 1964 SEALAB project dies at 89.

SC

Joel J. Kupperman, who became a child star in the 1940s on US radio as the resident "Quiz Kid" genius on a game show, has died aged 83. If I remember right he was admitted to hospice some time last year during the Deathlist Cup, but I lost the tweet where his son said that so I didn't use him as a player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Michael Appleton, BBC producer of Whistle Test and other music programming, died aged 83 on  2 April: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/apr/10/mike-appleton-obituary

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0032435/

Knew I'd go for the wrong apple based TV music producer for the DDP.

Man, had no idea he was still with us. 

One last time, then....

• Like 1

On 08/04/2020 at 22:06, Thatcher said:

Paul Lambert, known as Gobby, a BBC producer who went on to work for UKIP, has died aged 61. He was profiled by various outlets (The Guardian, The Independent, The Times, ITV) and should certainly obit. 

Edit: BBCDaily MailThe Sun obituaries.

Apparantely he committed suicide.No idea why.

5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Apparantely he committed suicide.No idea why.

He got tired of living in a world with CoffinLodger in it.

There goes a hero from my old maths days :(

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 20:30, time said:

Musician, composer, arranger, musical director and conductor Johnny Harris has died aged 87.

The Herald is a QO for Johnny Harris isn't it? https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/18376003.obituary-johnny-harris-one-worlds-greatest-musical-arrangers/

Deffo helps down the Hares Pool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The Herald is a QO for Johnny Harris isn't it? https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/18376003.obituary-johnny-harris-one-worlds-greatest-musical-arrangers/

Deffo helps down the Hares Pool.

Neat. He was a prime candidate for "not getting a QO because of the Coronavirus avalanche".

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Neat. He was a prime candidate for "not getting a QO because of the Coronavirus avalanche".

The rules and scoring page I'm getting seems to the one from 2018, but I do think the Herald counts this year. @msc will surely confirm.

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The rules and scoring page I'm getting seems to the one from 2018, but I do think the Herald counts this year. @msc will surely confirm.

I believe it does.

26 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not sure why. The DDP Rules page linked on the front page, and the List of the Lost page both reference Herald Scotland as a Qualifying Obituary, in line with Cmme decision in November 2019 to take place as of 1st January 2020.

This counts.

30 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

If you take a short cut and click on the Google sub-headings for the DDP, you get taken to old pages.  I suspect that's what you did.

Go to the DDP main page and click the link from there.

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

If you take a short cut and click on the Google sub-headings for the DDP, you get taken to old pages.  I suspect that's what you did.

Go to the DDP main page and click the link from there.

Aha, well I couldn't get to the Main Page as I suspect it was being edited.

It's the link on the Scoreboard page which is taking us to the old rules and scoring page, so that needs changing.

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Aha, well I couldn't get to the Main Page as I suspect it was being edited.

It's the link on the Scoreboard page which is taking us to the old rules and scoring page, so that needs changing.

Ah, well that Player of the Month thing wont add up itself. I wish it would, being a well known good for nothing DDP co-host and all that jazz... :D

PS Reptile is now aware of the Scoreboard issue. It shall be seen to.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So it does.  I wonder if that has an effect on the Google results.

As you can see, most of the sub-heading Google results are not for the current year, but it's not that noticeable.

image.png.ff52d310b262a44a9bd12c3e9e15e672.png

I changed the link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a mathematical/ statistical point. Presumably in a high scoring year such as 2020 we should expect things to slow as the year progresses. There are now only 42 possibilities. Also interesting that there appears to be grouping  in the 1-10 and 20-30's . Just feeding my aspergers.

59 minutes ago, Cruyff's Turn said:

Just a mathematical/ statistical point. Presumably in a high scoring year such as 2020 we should expect things to slow as the year progresses. There are now only 42 possibilities. Also interesting that there appears to be grouping  in the 1-10 and 20-30's . Just feeding my aspergers.

I don't think we can look at this purely in terms of statistics. For each individual on the list their chances of survival are not changing because of the demise of others

Thomas Braidwood, the commissioner of the public inquiry into the 2007 death of Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski at Vancouver International Airport, has died. Dziekanski had become agitated at airport staff.  An encounter with RCMP resulted in him being tased multiple times.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/thomas-braidwood-commissioner-of-public-inquiry-into-robert-dziekanski-s-death-hasdied-1.5531073

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Dziekański_Taser_incident

• Like 2

Because I wanted to put this somewhere...

Jimmy Webb, owner of extremely famous and influential punk rock and metal clothing store "I NEED MORE" in NYC, has died. He is seen pictured here a few years back with the metal singer in my profile picture, Alissa White-Gluz of band Arch Enemy.

R.I.P

• Like 1

Reports of the death of American cinematographer Allen Daviau:

Basically, it's all there in the tweet. From other reports, it's the COVID-19 that printed his last frame.