Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8541323/Clares-Law-campaigner-Michael-Brown-dies-aged-76-winning-battle-womans-right-know.html

Michael Brown who successfully campaigned for Clares law -the right to seek out certain information about a partners past eg Domestic violence,  sexual abuse convictions etc , has died aged 76.

He campaigned for this law after his daughter was murdered by an ex  abusive partner. 

• Like 1

Probably the biggest death of this year on a personal level, but Michael Brooks off of Majority Report and The Michael Brooks Show has died: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Probably the biggest death of this year on a personal level, but Michael Brooks off of Majority Report and The Michael Brooks Show has died: 

This is a great obit to get a sense of who Michael Brooks was

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Just a heads up, Brooks would’ve received a QO, which might be a good indicator of what will happen which other political commentators of his caliber in the future...

On 21/07/2020 at 14:03, Joey Russ said:

Just a heads up, Brooks would’ve received a QO, which might be a good indicator of what will happen which other political commentators of his caliber in the future...

I'm staggered he got a QO......

If you told me that Michael Brooks would’ve gotten a QO late last year I would’ve been surprised as I thought he was just known in the leftie circles I’m in. But he ended up trending very high in the US when he died, and he must’ve gotten enough tweets for the clickbait UK articles to take note. So as I said, definitely take note for the future...

Regis Philbin, doyen of US TV for ages but never-actually-watched by anyone in the rest of world, dead at 88.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Wow, I just missed it!  He was the guy who came up with the show Who Wants to Be A Millionaire!  Also had a morning TV show for many years

2 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

Wow, I just missed it!  He was the guy who came up with the show Who Wants to Be A Millionaire!  Also had a morning TV show for many years

He hosted the American version of the show. The show was originally a British production.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Regis Philbin, doyen of US TV for ages but never-actually-watched by anyone in the rest of world, dead at 88.

Missed it but knew him for How I Met Your Mother and quite forgot about him honestly but sad to see him go however... 

Know the name, thought he had died already.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I can

't believe he didn't have a thread of his own.He was a tv  legend in the states apparantely !I even thought for a second we might have our 12th hit ! (I can never remember who's on the list)

• Like 1

On 25/07/2020 at 14:22, CoffinLodger said:

Has anyone metioned the death of the actress Annie Ross? She would have been 90 today but sadly died 4 days ago https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/annie-ross-dead-twisted-jazz-singer-was-89-1303990

I did but in the context of her being a jazz singer - on a live album recorded in London she covered a track by UK  progsters King Crimson.

Former schools commissioner in the Blair administration who later went on to run the E-ACT academy chain (before being forced out after financial mismanagement on a massive scale was uncovered), Sir Bruce Liddington dead at 70. He was also my former headteacher and personally suspended me twice.

• Like 6